“During the week better than the weekend...”
Review of Hotel Gault

Hotel Gault
Ranked #3 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
London
“During the week better than the weekend...”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed for 2 nights over a weekend, and noticed a difference in the weekend service vs. weekday.

Service: arrived late Sat night, check-in was painless, but as I was jetlagged, I could only manage room service that evening and I hate to say it but it was atrocious. The soup was most certainly heated in a microwave, and from a tin, and the ham sandwich was disappointingly messy and small, accompanied by a mass of lettuce - I'm not a fan. It was the 24-hour menu though so I suppose this was the best a non-chef could muster up. The food is rolled in on a table with wheels, and white tablecloth - but no salt or pepper or any other seasoning/extra, which I thought was odd. However, I noticed a massive difference come Monday morning - room service breakfast was much better than the day before, and it came with salt/pepper/the extras!

Room/amenities: the room itself was awesome - I got upgraded to a corner suite and it was MASSIVE. Not carpeted but they thoughtfully provide slippers :) The juliet balconies made me feel I was in Paris. The Molton Brown toiletries were appreciated! The reason I ordered room service for breakfast was because downstairs around the lobby area was very simple, no atmosphere, I would not want to have a drink or food down there.

Location: the hotel is on a quiet street so your sleep won't be disturbed. Central location, I think, but I wasn't there to sightsee so can't really comment on how convenient it really was. A short walk from Chinatown and the water is about all I can say!

Not sure if I would stay here again...nice enough, but...didn't tick all the boxes - I guess I like my hotels to have slightly more atmosphere. And the lack thereof wasn't because of the timing of my stay (over a weekend in a central business district area) - I've stayed at the W Hotel around the corner over a weekend too and it wasn't the same - it was quiet but still had ambience...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LoveLuxuryStays
Sarah M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last experience at the Hotel Gault. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy the full hotel experience. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we received from you about room service and the ambiance at the restaurant enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary action to ensure similar situation can be avoided.

Rest assured that this situation has been brought to the appropriate departments in order to prevent such situation in the future. If you would like to accept my invitation, I will be glad to offer you the opportunity to taste our lunch served at the hotel and appreciate the menu of our Chef. You can email me directly at smahu@hotelgault.com.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back!

Front Desk and F&B Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
leeds
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed 4 nights here earlier this week. Cool hotel, good location to be in for proximity to Old Montreal. Very warm staff, nothing is too much trouble and they will tty their best to accommodate you. Nice, modern rooms. I had a room on the top floor with a nice roof terrace. Only issue was the prevalence of ants from outside, but this was a minor annoyance. Breakfast was good and the hotel has a nice, albeit quiet bar. Design is very funky, with exposed concrete walls in part. I enjoyed my stay but the hotel needs to shout out a little more about its services; I only discovered it had a gym on the last day as there was no in-room hotel brochure. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. A roof terrace comes with!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Nadine1066
Sarah M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Hotel Gault. I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and appreciated our restaurant.

Your comments are very important to us and we welcome your feedback as it's the most effective way to improve in all areas. I will pass along your comments to the rest of the team to make sure that the different services offered at the hotel are mentionned to all our guests during their stay.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Hotel Gault in the future!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2013

10 years later to the day we returned to Hotel Gault. It was just as we remembered, a sophisticated boutique hotel with a great staff. It's just about the right size for quiet coziness but with all the amenities of a larger hotel. Do not miss breakfast here. Hopefully we'll visit again, but less than 10 years from now.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you came back to the Hotel Gault, even 10 years later, for your recent stay in Montreal! We appreciate your extremely kind comments and looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Next year maybe?

Hudson, New York, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel is one of our all time favorites now - everyone there was always super alert to our every need and request. When our internet Wi-Fi connection was taking time to work, the hotel clerk offered us her personal I-pad for our stay of 3 nights; our tablet did work though. Terrific dinner recommendations were suggested and made quickly. The room was huge and comfortable and the breakfasts were great. The Gault is also perfectly located in Old Montreal for easy access to walk the wonderful surrounding areas. They simply will not rest until you are completely at ease. Loved it. Oh, and we never heard a peep once inside our rooms - the interior quiet was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Phil O
HotelGault, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the positive review of the Hotel Gault on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn that we became your choice hotel and that we are still able to maintain our level of service. It is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed our guest’s expectations; your comments are well appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Montreal.

nyc
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Gault in Montreal for 3 nights and enjoyed every part of it. The location, the service, the quiet, as relaxing environment, and the great size of the rooms. The hotel offer charm and modernity, with a rock touch. As I strongly believe in energy, Hotel Gault is an inspiring location for people like me. Thanks to the great team
JD

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
HotelGault, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Gault.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback about our team and the ambiance.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Gault!

Healdsburg, California
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel offered the best location, service, great room and excellent food. We checked in early and the concierge, Yannick, was able to give us great suggestions for lunch. We also were upgraded to a very large room with a lounge area. I love it when the windows open and you can still enjoy peace and quiet. The concierge staff was very willing to reserve our dinner reservations every night and make suggestions. The soft music playing in our room, the heated floors, the lush bedding, the great staff makes this hotel and EXCELLENT choice. I will stay here for sure next time!

Room Tip: Travel during the week when less crowded.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kellie L
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your kind comments,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Gault and that you enjoyed our facilities and the service of our team, especially Yanick, our concierge. Your comments are very important to us and we thank you for taking the time to share them.

We look forward in welcoming you in the near future.

Front Desk Manager and F&B Manager
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The room is beautiful, very comfortable and also charming. The staff is polite. The hotel is well locate, is close to St. Catherine St and Saint Paul St, two very interesting streets in montreal! I would stay there again without hesitate!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maira_fernandes
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. It is very much appreciated. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon!