“Perfect Blend of Modern and Charming”
Review of Hotel Gault

Hotel Gault
Ranked #3 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Vancouver
“Perfect Blend of Modern and Charming”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Gault is one of the best examples I have experienced of a classic old building that has been upgraded and modernized inside. They have managed to create a space that is beautiful and inviting, combining sleek modern lines with the older stone and brick features. Very well done. The rooms are large, bright, attractive and so comfortable. The lobby is gorgeous! The staff is knowledgable and helpful without fawning. Love this place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Gault on TripAdvisor.

I am proud to learn that you enjoyed the Gault experience and that we made you feel warm and welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Front office Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hartland, Vermont
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Gault Hotel, well located in the historic center of old Montreal, is striking for its attention to design. The original building is a large pile of gray stone with an imperious air, but one that has been transformed by the insertion of a clear simple and very attractive new interior that maintains its independence from the original while at the same time joining forces visually. An inviting corner entrance from the street takes one into a large well light public space housing the reception desk, lounge seating, a bar and tables as well a ramped access to a library with a collection focused on design. Bedrooms are available over a significant range of sizes and costs. We stayed in one of the more modest rooms which was in fact rather large, inventively laid out with curtained dividers and well furnished. The room was quiet, the bed comfortable, the sound system good and the bathroom and shower inviting. I believe the furniture is different in each room taken from a collection of modern classics. The desk staff was very helpful, supplying information about the city, restaurants (good suggestions) and galleries as one would expect. The thing that surprised me was that they also knew a good deal about the building and the furniture, even maintaining a notebook of data on each piece. Our stay was delightful, an experience that we hope to repeat.

Room Tip: The hotel web site is well illustrated and useful in selecting from a range of rooms which vary in s...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your praise and feedback from your recent saty with us. I am proud to learn that our team and hotel design were successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience and that we made you feel warm and welcom.

We sincerely appreciate your detailed recognition of our hotel and guest rooms. Be assured, that we constantly continue our effort to make our guests' stay an exceptional moment.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at the Gault.

Kind Regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Beautiful, evocative hotel, perfectly situated on a quiet block between the old city and the center district. The room was a spacious, romantic modern loft with quality sheets. The entire experience felt very authentic and immersive.

My one suggestion/quibble was that the little service cart in the bathroom area (it holds cups, tissues, hair dryer, and hand towels) was not super practical. probably needs to be rethough/upsized.

Book the Hotel Gault with confidence!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hotel Gaut with the TripAdviosr community.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our spacious rooms and friendly staff. I will without doubt share your feedback with the concerned parties.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Front office Assistant Manager
Toronto
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Could not recommend more this hotel to stay. The stuff goes out of their way to make it a pleasant stay! If I am to come to Montreal I know where I will be staying. Very clean, very well maintained, nice but small restaurant but there are plenty of choices nearby otherwise. Choose hambar restaurant at the nearby hotel St Paul. I had it booked as part of surprise engagement trip and it worked out beautifully.

Room Tip: we stayed in the delux suit room 430 which had heated floors in bathroom, not much of a view but a v...
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great words on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read you have enjoyed the Gault expercience and that our associates have taken good care of you. Hence; made your surprise engagement trip a delightful one.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another romantic getaway!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This beautifully renovated boutique hotel facade fits seamless in the quaint Old Montreal area. Inside, sleek concrete, tasteful modern furniture and photographs provide a modern and relaxing environment to enjoy a cocktail in the lobby restaurant/bar or library. Our room was a beautifully appointed studio, with many design features, extremely efficiently laid out so that everything you could want was there while still feeling open and spacious. The heated bathroom floors were lovely. The hotel staff were always amazingly friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic: right on the edge of old Montreal, easy access to downtown and the old Port. Several great cafes within blocks. I look forward to returning!

2 Thank TM E
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. We are proud to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us while the décor and furniture were all to your likening as well as our hotel convenient location.

We strive on guests' satisfaction and your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is a real pleasure to read your extremelt kind comments about our team and facilities.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Gault and we cannot wait to welcome you back!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We experienced excellent service at a small hotel in Old Montreal with a modern feel.

The staff at Hotel Gault were always happy to help out in any way they could. They were quick to answer any questions I had. Even with weird or silly questions I had, they were there to answer all my questions. They were even helpful when we called them while we were out trying to find a restaurant they had suggested (It was an excellent suggestion, by the way). I don't really know what to say other than that they gave us great service. We almost felt like we were the only guests at the hotel, though I'm pretty sure there were other guests at the hotel.

What else can I say? The location was great. It was a short walk to wherever we needed to go. The subway station was close and most of the restaurants and other Old Montreal stuff was close by as well. The hotel also had a cool modern feel. The room was a bit weird at first because it's not your typical hotel room layout. Then again, it's not as if I've been to many hotels in my life. The hotel room also had a heated floor in the bathroom. It was nice, but don't expect anything special because it wasn't super warm or anything. It was just warm enough to notice. Hm... I saw the workout room, but it wasn't much to write about. It was pretty small, but then again, I didn't use it so it didn't really matter to me. The deal we got with our room included a coupon booklet, which we used a lot. Some of the coupons were for places that we were going to visit anyways, so it worked out well.

Before booking the hotel, I chatted online with the hotel staff using their online chat. Unfortunately, it was slow to connect with one of them. However, once I got a hold of them, they were able to answer all the questions that I had.

The mouthwash also wasn't that great. Then again, it was free, so I can't really complain.

2 Thank Christopher C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience at the Hotel Gault with the TripAdvisor comunity.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the service of our team. I am also glad to hear that our Sweet Deal package and the rebate booklet that comes with it met your expectations.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hotel Gault is a 30 room boutique hotel on the edge of Old Montreal. The Hotel is a block from Rue McGill, and very close to Old Montreal streets such as Rue Notre Dame and Rue St. Paul Ouest. The Hotel Gault is also less than a mile from The Bell Centre, and other downtown attractions. Thus the rooms are quite nice, and the location is good, but the best thing about the Hotel Gault is the attention you receive from the front of the house, particularly concierge Yanick Rivest. Each time I have stayed at Hotel Gault he has been extremely helpful with restaurant opinions ( and bookings), ideas for day trips, information on museums etc. I would strongly suggest if you book at the Hotel Gault, that you contact Yanick prior to your arrival and discuss your needs and ideas for your visit. As you would expect he has great knowledge of Montreal, and is a wonderful resource. The Hotel Gault is a very welcoming place.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Dan S
Sarah M, Front Desk Assistant Director at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take the opportunity to express our gratitude on your review of your recent stay with us at the Hotel Gault.

We are delighted to learn that our location, rooms and staff have given you the warmth of home away from home. I have shared your comment with our concierge Yanick, and he was thrilled to know that he was able to make your stay convenient and memorable.

Front Desk Assistant Director