“Comfortable, hip, and wonderful staff at this perfectly located hotel.”
Review of Hotel Gault

Hotel Gault
Ranked #3 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Wonderful, large, comfortable rooms. Not luxurious but has all the right details and necessities. I loved how spacious the rooms were and nice balcony looking out over the street...I can't say enough good things about the staff!

• Stayed: June 2014
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your thoughtful review.

I am delighted to read that you loved our spacious guestroom and terrace. Above all, restful night's sleep. I am very pleased that our friendly and personalized service was beyond your expectation and I will not hesitate to share your feedback with our team as it is always a great source of motivation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience at the Hotel Gault and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Front Office Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This Hotel is excellent. The staff was beyond nice and attentive. Every time I walked by the front desk the staff looked up and smiled. I enjoy the large lux chains, but if you are looking for Lux and a touch of person attention? Stop in and allow the staff to convert your taste. One issue a small workout area, I am not keen on running out side in a city not my own so I used the gym and it was ok, but need more room. But I was not there for the gym.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel Gault with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you received exceptional service from our team members as they are truly dedicated in providing a memorable experience. Also, I would like to apologize regarding the gym. However; be assured upgrading our gym is being taken into concideration and hopefully on your next stay with us you will find more space to work out.

Thank you again for your thoughtful review and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Gault.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Gault Hotel is nothing short of a Fantastic experience. The service was amazing right from the check in!
I had stayed there once before and I will only stay there during my visits to Montreal.

Thanks to the whole staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for your great review and support. I am glad to learn you alway enjoy the Gault experience and delighted to read you intend to visit the Hotel Gault again when visiting Montréal. It will be a sincere pleasure taking care of you again. Be assured that your comments have been shared with the entire team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Hotel Gault.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I travel all over the world and the Hotel Gault is one of my favorite hotels of all time. The staff is courteous and almost telepathic, your needs are met before a request is made. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated, heated floors for the cold Montreal winters, lovely showers and open floor plans.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Nnncola

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel Gault.

I am proud to learn the Hotel Gault made it onto your list of favorite hotels in Montéal. It is always a great pleasure to read that our valuable guests have enjoyed their stay with us. Be assured that your comments have been shared with all the staff from all departments.

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This ranks as the fanciest hotels I've stayed in. It's a fantastic location with amazing views. Beautiful architecture, extreme attention to detail when it came to little pampering extras like an extra large/deep tub and extra thick bath robes and possibly the biggest most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Even the rug and furniture were very well made and beautifully chosen.

It's also dog friendly. I stayed there with my mom and my 70lb shepherd mix. I think the majority of the dogs who visit are the little ones that fit in your handbag, but it was really nice that such a luxurious place let me bring my well behaved massive dog as well. I stayed there in summer 2012.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for your good words and review on TripAdvisor.

I am proud to read the Hotel Gault made it onto your list of favorite hotels in Montréal. I am also thrilled to read you had a delightful experience and you enjoyed restful night's sleep with us!

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back along with your well behaved dog in a near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This small hotel is walking distance from just about anywhere you would want to go - waterfront, shopping, downtown. And it's close to a bus stop for those adventures further away. It had all the important stuff to me - clean, quiet, friendly staff, good ambience, good food.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that we have met your expectations in terms of service, cleanliness and atmosphere. Again, thank you for your recognition of our high standards, freindly staff and the Gault restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Montréal.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Gault is one of the best examples I have experienced of a classic old building that has been upgraded and modernized inside. They have managed to create a space that is beautiful and inviting, combining sleek modern lines with the older stone and brick features. Very well done. The rooms are large, bright, attractive and so comfortable. The lobby is gorgeous! The staff is knowledgable and helpful without fawning. Love this place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Gault on TripAdvisor.

I am proud to learn that you enjoyed the Gault experience and that we made you feel warm and welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.