1,477 results
All reviewsjonathan leclercold montrealheated floorsloft roommodern designquiet streetdvd playerupgraded to a suitebottled waterbeautiful hotelbeautiful roomhigh ceilingslong weekendlarge bathroomvalet parkingnotre damevisiting montreal
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just got back from staying here from June 9 to June 11 and had to write and say what a memorable, relaxing, unforgetable experience we had. From the minute we walked into the hotel to check in we were greated with friendly courteous staff. in the room waiting for us was a plate of cookies, bottled water and a personalized note to me.
We stayed in the terrace suites which had an amazing view of the city from the walk out terrace.
The room was spacious and full of light, very clean and open.
The staff were all extremely helpful booking our restaurant reservations and printing out maps for us to follow. We ordered quite a lot from room service and from the bar to our room throughout our trip and each person was exceptional attentive and cheery. The service was so great, that when we wanted to order some food for delivery, the staff went online checked what was open late in the evening and printed out a menu so we could review.
My only very minor comment would be the limited selection of food through room service other then this place is a great retreat in the heart of montreal. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear guest,

I am thrilled that you felt compelled to write a review after your recent stay at the Hotel Gault.

I appreciate all of the compliments and feedback that you shared, especially regarding our team members. I always appreciate an opportunity to recognize my associates for a job well done.

I am delighted to read that you are planning to stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Hotel Galut.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at Hotel Gault for our honeymoon in May 2014 and had an amazing experience. Two things make this hotel exceptional, the atmosphere and the staff. The hotel exterior is jaw-dropping and will immediately let you know you're somewhere unique. The lobby and rooms are minimalist chic, with a more timeless appeal than other boutique hotels I've seen. But it's the staff that pull it all together and make the environment welcoming. From the voice of a honeymooner, I highly recommend Hotel Gault!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear guest,

First and foremost, thank you kindly for recommending the Hotel Gault and for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We constantly strive on guests' satisfaction and providing exceptional service. I am proud to learn that our team was successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience and that we made you feel warm and welcome.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another romantic gateway!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I have nothing but superlatives to report from our four nights at the Hotel Gault. The contemporary design and furnishings are first rate, with iconic pieces that are the real thing not cheap imitations. Not a chip or nick on any surface, and impeccably clean. Wonderful bathroom, plush bath and bed linens, superior turndown service. All the staff were warm and professional, thoughtful and helpful, from the concierge who called in advance to be sure he understood my email request about restaurant reservations, to the valet attendants and front desk staff. The location is excellent, in the old town but on a very quiet street. Our suite was so quiet we thought we were the only people staying there, and were surprised to find it was actually fully booked. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Montreal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

It is with great satisfaction that we had knowledge of your very positive comments about your recent stay with us at the Hotel Gault.

The principal and permanent interests of the entire team of the Hotel Gault is the satisfaction of our guests and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor.

Be assured, that we constantly continue our efforts to make our guests' stay an exceptional moment. Thus; our greatest joy, precisely, is to read that our valuable guest got the entire team's attention and have been treated as if they had been the only guests at the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your kind review. We cannot wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Montréal!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Hotel Gault in Montreal is an exceptional hotel. We stayed in this beautiful small hotel (30 rooms) two nights prior to leaving on a cruise. Our room was impeccably clean, and we do mean impeccably. The staff was quite attentive and helpful, and all of them seemed to be bilingual in French and English. The bed was wonderful, and the room was a nice size and quiet. Even with all of this, the price compared favorably to other well-known hotel brands in the downtown area. The hotel is in the Old City, and there's a good bit to see close by, especially the beautiful Notre Dame Basilica.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hotel Gault.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, everything from our gorgeous suite to the accommodating staff and of course our close proximity to most of old port's attractions, especially the beautiful Notre Dame Basilica.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Montéal.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Wonderful, large, comfortable rooms. Not luxurious but has all the right details and necessities. I loved how spacious the rooms were and nice balcony looking out over the street...I can't say enough good things about the staff!

• Stayed: June 2014
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your thoughtful review.

I am delighted to read that you loved our spacious guestroom and terrace. Above all, restful night's sleep. I am very pleased that our friendly and personalized service was beyond your expectation and I will not hesitate to share your feedback with our team as it is always a great source of motivation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience at the Hotel Gault and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.