“great stay we loved it, staff was incredible, so helpful, we want Yanick to run for Mayor of Montreal”
Review of Hotel Gault

Hotel Gault
Ranked #2 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we had a great stay there for business and pleasure, great location and the whole team are dedicated to making your stay a great one. I highly recommend this hotel no negatives at all. The food at breakfast is also a plus, located in old Montreal.

Alex Sanchez

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Mr. Sanchez

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel Gault with the TripAdvisor community.

We are very delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive on providing memorable experiences and personalized service. We were also glad to know that our team were able to satisfy your needs, and always ensure a wonderful stay for our valued guests such as yourself.

Once agian, thank you for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Kindest regards,

Front Office Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Gault and would definitely stay there again if I am fortunate enough to have the chance to return to Montreal. I loved the location and could run down on the waterfront, walk to Mass at Notre Dame and I could even walk to all my business meetings in downtown Montreal. The hotel room was awesome and I loved the heated bathroom floor, big shower and big, deep bathtub. The weather was amazing during our stay and I could open my windows for fresh air and enjoy the beautiful geranium flowers in the planters along the windows. The staff, especially Yanick, who seemed to play the role of concierge, bellman and valet, was incredibly thoughtful, friendly and committed to ensuring we enjoyed our stay. I wouldn't change anything about my stay at the Hotel Gault (except I would have liked to stay longer!). Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 440, which was either on, or near a corner and it was nice and roomy, had a big bat...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Gault.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team lived to your expectations. It is without a doubt that our location is a valuable asset as it gives access to Montréal's beautiful venues and to the city's top destinations.

I have passed on your kind workds to our associates and they were very thrilled to learn the news; especially Yanick.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stop to Montéal.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I spent two nights here, a Saturday and a Sunday, and it was a wonderful experience. Every single employee we encountered was eager to please us and personable. The room - Room 510- was on the shockingly modern top floor and we had a wonderful corner with an outdoor area with planters and a table and two chairs, in addition to a living room, separate bedroom, kitchen area, walk in closet and large bathroom. The lobby was full of comfortable seating and the Internet was free. And the location? We were able to walk everywhere in the old part of town and did. Have I said wonderful? I can't find one thing to complain about, which is rare for me. I'd go back there in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The fifth floor has some rooms with large terraces, if you want some outdoor space.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the great review of the Hotel Gault.

We were all excited to know that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our spacious suites and our friendly staff were able to demonstrate their qualities in a friendly yet professional manner. It is always a treat to know thet their hard work paid off and their efforts were recognzed. Quite rewarding coming from our valued guests.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in our beautiful city.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

beautifully & stylishly appointed modern spaces with excellent service in an old historic building. when we arrived after midnight the front desk personnel offered us complimentary tea in teapots, which was the perfect touch; when we returned from a jog, we were offered bottled water before going up to our room. great attention to detail from the staff! the towels and sheets were of high quality and robes & slippers were provided in the room. turn down service provided closing of the curtains, turning on a classical music & removing the blanket cover. we felt pampered. there is a terrific lounge/work/reading space in the back of the main lobby. the only thing I would have liked added is personal coffee/tea service in the room (such as a keurig-type machine) but you can always go down to the lobby & get something at the very pleasant bar or eating area.

Room Tip: room 260 is a corner room with 3 floor to ceiling windows with flower boxes, a long wood unit desk w...
1  Thank 100lat

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the Hotel Gault.

I am proud to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, while the staff and turn down service all worked in harmony to provide you with a memorable stay.

Regarding the coffee machine, we strive on guests' satisfaction and providing exceptional service. Hence; in-room coffee delivery is one of many ways we found to better the complete Gault experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Everything was excellent. The location was perfect (close to the train, most museums within walking distance, just on the cusp of the Old Montreal touristy area). We loved the modern decor. The best aspect, though, was the staff. They were absolutely amazing, particularly John, one of the front desk staff. We felt welcomed and pampered. The next time we travel to Montreal, we will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel gault.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted to read you inted to visit the Hotel Gault again when visiting Montréal.Thank you for mentioning our very convenient location and for your thoughtful review. Be assured that your comments have been shared with the intire team, especially John our front desk associate.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Hotel Gault.

Amir bakir

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excellent hotel with exceptional staff, we were there for the Grand Prix 2014 weekend. It's a wonderful hotel with really nicely designed rooms, a fantastic lobby area and, again, a staff that was superbly attentive and wonderful to interact with. They literally could not have made our 3yr old daughter feel any more special - she was happy as can be from all of the positive vibes. We'd love to come back again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hotel Gault.

I am proud to learn that our team was successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience and that we made you feel warm and welcome. Your princess has gotten the entire team's attention the second she stepped into the hotel. She is without doubt one of the most adorable children that we have ever met.

We cannot wait to welcome you back at the Hotel Gault.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Incredible service and gorgeous space. From the art in the lobby to the room - the loft terrace is beautiful choice with spectacular view of city. Marc, Yannick, Amir, Melissa and Danny at the bar and the housekeeping service - all amazing!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

I really appreciate your good comments and I am glad to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Be assured that your comments have been shared with the whole team, especially Marc, Yannick, Melissa, and Danny!

I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future.