1,477 results
All reviewsjonathan leclercold montrealheated floorsloft roommodern designquiet streetdvd playerupgraded to a suitebottled waterbeautiful hotelbeautiful roomhigh ceilingslong weekendlarge bathroomvalet parkingnotre damevisiting montreal
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I have been staying at this hotel for the last 10 years every time we have business in Montreal. The Hotel is almost perfect. The only thing missing is a "black out" for the window. They are only closed by wooden shutters and yesterday at 5:00 on the sunny side of the hotel it was to bright in the room to sleep….The main reason for being there…..The situation is the same in all rooms only the direction of the sun has a small effect. To the Hotel management: Please make the investment.

Room Tip: Do not choose the side where the sun comes up.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent experience at Hotel Gault and provide us with feedback. This is how we get better! Be assure that your comment has been addressed.

We already placed an order for some black curtains that permit to have black outs in most of our rooms. Please let us know when you plan to visit us again and we will make sure to assign you one of those rooms.

Thank you for your continuous loyalty, we look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Well, if this hotel is number 4, than what to expect from others? The staff we rather polite, but not enough efficient. All hotels today except cash as a deposit (the room was paid), this one doesn't, or doesn't give the receipt and tells the guest it's a question of trust, and no receipt can be given to you.
The room was a little dark and dull, though the design was alright. The amenities were too small. The breakfast waiter was polite, but the breakfast was not tasty.
At the arrival night I was requested the voucher as well, even though the room was paid, nobody asks these days for E-ticket, if your ticket is paid for.
The location is good for the old town, but a little far from shopping. Ogilvy mall was the best by the way. It also takes around 20 min by cab to the party area.
The hotel has promised my travel agent a 2 pm checkout, then they told me only 1 pm is possible, finally at 12:30 they have called me and asked my why am I still in the room.
I guess since it's number 4, there are not many other options, but try to look around for smth better for 350 eur/day.

2  Thank Shpaki
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault.

Every day we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allow us to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered.

I hope you will concider staying with us again and if you do, please contact me directly for your next visit at abakir@hotelgault.com and I will ensure you experience all that Hotel Gault has to offer.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Gault for 4 nights on our first visit to Montreal. Location is at edge of Old Montreal and business district. Easy access to subway and bus system. Hotel staff was very gracious and helpful during our entire stay. Room was very spacious and clean. Easy to walk to Old Montreal and port area. Would highly recommend for anyone traveling to Montreal.

1  Thank Jerry W
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for recommending the Hotel Gault and for mentioning our very convenient location.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your thoughtful review and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

we had a great stay there for business and pleasure, great location and the whole team are dedicated to making your stay a great one. I highly recommend this hotel no negatives at all. The food at breakfast is also a plus, located in old Montreal.

Alex Sanchez

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Mr. Sanchez

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel Gault with the TripAdvisor community.

We are very delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive on providing memorable experiences and personalized service. We were also glad to know that our team were able to satisfy your needs, and always ensure a wonderful stay for our valued guests such as yourself.

Once agian, thank you for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Gault and would definitely stay there again if I am fortunate enough to have the chance to return to Montreal. I loved the location and could run down on the waterfront, walk to Mass at Notre Dame and I could even walk to all my business meetings in downtown Montreal. The hotel room was awesome and I loved the heated bathroom floor, big shower and big, deep bathtub. The weather was amazing during our stay and I could open my windows for fresh air and enjoy the beautiful geranium flowers in the planters along the windows. The staff, especially Yanick, who seemed to play the role of concierge, bellman and valet, was incredibly thoughtful, friendly and committed to ensuring we enjoyed our stay. I wouldn't change anything about my stay at the Hotel Gault (except I would have liked to stay longer!). Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 440, which was either on, or near a corner and it was nice and roomy, had a big bathroom and awesome windows.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sarah M, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Gault.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team lived to your expectations. It is without a doubt that our location is a valuable asset as it gives access to Montréal's beautiful venues and to the city's top destinations.

I have passed on your kind workds to our associates and they were very thrilled to learn the news; especially Yanick.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stop to Montéal.