My wife and I had a very nice one-night stay at this hotel. We paid using Air Miles points, and this went very smoothly, but they made sure also to get my Honors number so we could get credit for our other expenses. In fact the check-in was friendly and efficient, with staff providing plenty of info. Parking was $12, and in a gated lot, but quite straightforward.
Our room was not fancy but very clean, spacious and comfortable. A personal welcome awaited us on a plate with some chocolates. The king bed was great, and even had individual firmness controls, but we couldn't tell how much difference these made. Our room was quiet, even with the air conditioning running.
We ate both dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. We found both the food and the service to be very good. The restaurant is right in the lobby, so you lose a bit of ambience at dinner time (e,g., arriving bus load of tourists), but not so bad after all, because the lobby is bright, uncluttered and pleasant. Overall our dining experience was very good.
One thing that really struck us was the friendliness and enthusiasm of the staff, always trying hard to help you, plus little touches such as cookies and fresh fruit at the front desk and coffee in the lobby.
I have given this hotel an overall rating of excellent, but would call it only average for location. Let me explain. If you come by car, it is a little hard to get to, because it is in an industrial park by the airport with a weird street layout. Our GPS got confused. Also, I like to go for a walk in the evening or morning, and while that was possible here, you could not call it pleasant. There is not much around except commercial buildings, a few chain hotels, and no interesting restaurants. We were in the area one night on a holiday, attending an event. If you fly in or out and are on business, you might find the location terrific because it is next to the airport and not too far from downtown. And we found it surprisingly quiet. We were not disturbed by airplane noise.
Great value at posted rates. Very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located seven minutes from the airport, the newly renovated Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport is the city's best airport hotel for business. This corporate hotel - conveniently located near Bombardier Training Centre, CAE, Rolls Royce and other corporate offices - is a TripAdvisor award winner. Whether you're traveling for business, leisure or you're en route to another destination, you'll enjoy the hotel amenities with everything you need for a comfortable and productive stay. Plan a meeting onsite or relax at the hotel's Resto Bar and Lounge. Enjoy the use of free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour business centre and an indoor pool. At the end of the day, feel at home in a guestroom or suite with a comfortable bed, mini-fridge and microwave. Getting here is easy with a free airport shuttle(please call hotel for details). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Montreal/Dorval Airport Hotel Montreal
- Hilton Quebec
- Quebec Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Saint Laurent