“Excellence all around”

Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport
Ranked #54 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I had a very nice one-night stay at this hotel. We paid using Air Miles points, and this went very smoothly, but they made sure also to get my Honors number so we could get credit for our other expenses. In fact the check-in was friendly and efficient, with staff providing plenty of info. Parking was $12, and in a gated lot, but quite straightforward.

Our room was not fancy but very clean, spacious and comfortable. A personal welcome awaited us on a plate with some chocolates. The king bed was great, and even had individual firmness controls, but we couldn't tell how much difference these made. Our room was quiet, even with the air conditioning running.

We ate both dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. We found both the food and the service to be very good. The restaurant is right in the lobby, so you lose a bit of ambience at dinner time (e,g., arriving bus load of tourists), but not so bad after all, because the lobby is bright, uncluttered and pleasant. Overall our dining experience was very good.

One thing that really struck us was the friendliness and enthusiasm of the staff, always trying hard to help you, plus little touches such as cookies and fresh fruit at the front desk and coffee in the lobby.

I have given this hotel an overall rating of excellent, but would call it only average for location. Let me explain. If you come by car, it is a little hard to get to, because it is in an industrial park by the airport with a weird street layout. Our GPS got confused. Also, I like to go for a walk in the evening or morning, and while that was possible here, you could not call it pleasant. There is not much around except commercial buildings, a few chain hotels, and no interesting restaurants. We were in the area one night on a holiday, attending an event. If you fly in or out and are on business, you might find the location terrific because it is next to the airport and not too far from downtown. And we found it surprisingly quiet. We were not disturbed by airplane noise.

Great value at posted rates. Very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sia T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Mr. Tott,

We are very glad that you took advantage of using your Air Miles and selected our hotel to make use of them and during your stay realized that it was a great choice.
Our service and attention to detail it seems that has complimented the HGI SATISFACTION PROMISE.
Thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport

Reviewed 29 July 2014

What a wonderful surprise so close to the airport! The staff (Quan at the Front Desk was delightful as was the young lady who was working with him).

I needed to get into our room early and they worked some magic and got us in 2 hours early. The room was very reasonably priced, large and bright and the bed was sooo comfy! Clean white sheets and duvet, immaculately clean room and bathroom, and the heating/air conditioning was controllable in the room.

We treated our son to dinner in the on site restaurant and while the servers staff was great, the food was just okay and really over priced.

We would stay there again! However, there are other restaurants a short 3 or 4 km taxi ride away. In fact, if you ask at the front desk they have a shuttle that will take you to a nearby mall where you have multiple choices to eat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sia T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Mr. Lee K,

We are very humble to hear your comments about our Front Office Manager, Mr. Quan Nguyen and his associates, Ms. Marisa Stavrakos.
Overall, it seems that our COMMITMENT TO THE HGI SATISFACTION PROMISE has been delivered and we are very glad.
On your next stay please contact me in advance and I would like to personally welcome you.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn is the 3rd hotel in the Montreal Airport area that I've stayed in and a bunch of nice little touches have vaulted it to the top. I'll be returning to this hotel during my next similar visit.

I see from some of the other traveller photos that the practice of leaving you a personal welcome note in Chocolate is standard practice. (I have an active Hilton loyalty membership and I don't know if it makes a difference.) I've also added some photos but here's a brief list of things to like:

- Two bottles of water in the room (complimentary)
- Good toiletries
- Decent (not scratchy) towels
- A Keurig single cup coffee maker in room
- Clothes butler in room (see photos)
- Real office chair (smallish desk though)
- Real task light on the desk
- Free WiFi
- Guest laundry room, bright fitness room and pool
- Business center with two computers, printers, photocopier and courier supplies
- Remote printing support
- Lots of pillows (for those who like lots of pillows)
- Good breakfast - made to order omlettes and decent croissants/pain-au-chocolat

Not everything was good, but it's pretty close, here are some minuses:
- Analog signal on the TV
- Paid parking
- Transportation needed to get to anyplace, no walkable restaurants or shops
- Airport and highway noise (not much to do about for any local property other than ask for a room facing away)

That's about it, I've stayed in plushier places but as a mid-price business hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal/Dorval Airport is my choice next time I need to stay.

1  Thank Olde_biL

Dear Mr. Odle_bil,
Our Management & Staff are short on words to thank you for your positive comments about your stay and hotel.
Starting October of this year, analog will be available at our hotel, we do offer complimentary shuttle to nearby restaurants and malls and the reason parking is charged is due to be a secured and monitored with 24 hours camera.
Please let me know if you happen to be back and I will be delighted to complement your parking.
Once again thank you for your comments and have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is great for those on business. It is close to the airport and no need to rent a car and pay for parking…etc. The restaurant staff were great and the food was decent. The outdoor area is nice. I would recommend booking a room in the back facing the other building to avoid hearing the traffic outside. The value is fair. Again, I recommend this hotel for the business traveler as you are 10+ minutes from the airport.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Sia T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Mr. Larry Edward,

We appreciate your kind comments about Montreal Airport - Trip Advisor #1 Business Hotel.
Our Staff committed to deliver service and attention to detail is part of HGI SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.

Look forward to have you back & personally greet you.

Have a nice summer.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a short one-night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal/Dorval as my wife was staying there while on business in Montreal.

The hotel is in a convenient location for the airport, but really isn’t close to anything else of interest. A car is surely required even to just find decent eats, groceries etc.

The main lobby is quite nice and gives off the vibe of an upscale business hotel. The rooms are pretty standard but very clean and include perks like a bar fridge (sadly lacking for many other “quality” hotels) and mattresses with adjustable firmness (I had never seen such a feature before!).

The hotel seems to cater perfectly to the business crowd with a good breakfast(extra), friendly/efficient service, convenient parking(extra) and potential for group meetings. The only place where it drops the ball a bit was the Wi-Fi. We found it was quite slow. Definitely something that could be improved for a hotel that is otherwise a fantastic business option.

I would recommend this hotel for its proximity to the airport and upscale feel, but not for a Montreal tourist experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Sia T, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Mr. Chevelle87,

Greetings from Montreal and thank you for your stay with us, although it was a short stay.

Your sincere comments are well appreciated. Our IT supervisor has immediately checked the WIFI and was on that day below the tresh hold and fixed it right away and please accept my apologies.

We look forward to welcoming you soon and have a nice day.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ive never had an issue with this hotel... my friends and I have stayed here a few times now for quick over nighters. The service and quality of sleep was always good. I liked the fact that most of the rooms had microwaves so that we could heat stuff up in! Its one of the reason why we came back to this property when we were in Montreal. I would stay again for sure

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Samuel,

Your comments are well appreciated and I have conveyed to our staff and we all thank you.

At our property we are committed to the HGI SATISFACTION PROMISE and we are glad you do receive each time you stay with us.

Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

There is no doubt this Garden Inn has one of the best restaurants you will find in a moderately priced Hotel chain. Dinner is as good as any upscale local restaurant and service is top notch. Experience makes this a bit of a surprise for a hotel chain restaurant. The décor of bright cleanliness may not make it your choice for a first date but the quality and value will bring the routine traveler back again. That is one of the reasons we always select this hotel when overnighting in Montreal. The hotel is also located particularily close to the General Aviation part of Dorval Airport that is convenient for us. I believe you wont be disappointed with the overall experience at this location

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn