“Gracious hosts, cozy house, good location”

Angelica Blue Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Gracious hosts, cozy house, good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Hosts Lyne and Selma were very friendly and helpful. Lyne welcomed us into the house and Selma made a lovely breakfast the next morning. My partner and I stayed in the Victorian Room - it was spacious, cozy, and beautifully appointed with King bed. We had our own shower/bathtub and sink, but toilet was shared although we never had to wait. Free parking behind the house. We paid $135+18% tax. Excellent location - within walking distance to everything. Subway is convenient as well.
Tip: Fairmont Chateau Laurier is a beautiful property in an excellent location.

Room Tip: Our room The Victorian was very spacious and overlooked the front of the house.
1 Thank hcychan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I recently stayed here with my sisters and cousin. We loved the place. Our rooms were comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious. Lyne is a wonderful host. It was so convenient to be able to walk to old Montreal and to the downtown area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Whenever I plan a trip to Montreal I think of "Angelica Blue " because I feel like I am visiting a good friend. Lyne, the owner, will make you welcome and serve a delicious breakfast.
Each room of this victorian house has it's own charm and unique decor. The beds are your guarantee of a good nights sleep. The bathrooms are always well stocked with soap, shampoo and conditioner. "Angelica Blue" is close to Old Montreal and St. Denis, both great locations for choice of food and drink. Also close by is St. Catherines and Place de Arts.
My stay at Angelica Blue lasted two months as I was working on contract in Montreal , so much better than a hotel room.

Room Tip: Enjoyed staying in "The Beach"
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

This was my first trip to Montreal and I was particularly excited because I have several french friends and studied (and partied) with them in France and the US. Trust me; once you've triggered a francophone's (french speaker for non-francophones) hospitality reflex, you will be surprised, possibly overwhelmed, but ultimately delighted when/if you make it home....

That being said, Lynn is the coolest B&B owner of any B&B I have ever stayed in. She helps you in English, she helps you in French, she laughs at mistakes instead of copping an attitude. Yes, there are people in Montreal that go out of there way to be negative... but they don't run the country in Canada.

Book now... I want to book a room for the summer next year and I'm talkin' it up to all my rich Texas friends that are tired of Texas summers.... and REALLY like to have a good time...

Au resevoir...beaucoups de bises de mon Couer, mon General Petitte Chou.... a tout a l'heure..

A votre service,

Don

Room Tip: All good...
Colton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Angelica Blue at least five times since 1997. Each time, it's been wonderful! We've been as a couple, with in-laws and with our family. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast is great, it's close to Old Montréal and downtown and it's easy to find. Lyne is so nice and welcoming. The rooms are very beautiful, cozy and it's quiet.

I'm so happy to be going back for a relaxing weekend tonight. It's like going home!

guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

We recently spent three nights at Angelica Blue, a very comfortable, attractive and well-located b&b -- walking distance to Old Montreal (a much more expensive place to stay), to major Downtown attractions, to the Village, to the Mont Royal/Plateau district and various shopping areas, and only a few blocks to the main Metro hub of Berri-UQAM. Our room (the Victorian) was particularly nice. The proprietor was unfailingly accommodating and kind, making our stay (including delicious breakfasts) a great travel experience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jodysheila
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

I spent 3 nights in the Royal Suite. There is a large queen bed and a matching single in the room. The desk provided ample space to work from. WiFi was simple to access and I had good speed to surf and work. There is a large bathroom with a bright skylight. So bright in fact that I actually thought I had left the light on one morning. The photos on the website are accurate for the bedrooms. I have included a few of the bathroom.

Breakfast each morning was most delicious. I almost want to tell you what the items were but I'll leave that for your surprise. There is plenty to eat for both veg and non-veg.

Lyne is a wealth of information about the area and an excellent host. She loves the building and being a B&B host which most certainly shows in everything that she does for her guests.

**As I do with any room when I travel, I check my room for bedbugs. I found no evidence whatsoever and had a great stay. You can rest easy here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business