“Memories of delightful stay and 5 star Innkeeper”

Angelica Blue Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Memories of delightful stay and 5 star Innkeeper”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed here for a conference and then my family joined me for a long weekend. All and all I stayed here nearly a week. It was a delight. The B&B is a lovely, eclectic older building and well situated so we walked to many local attrations. But it is Lyne, the Innkeeper, which was the heart of our stay--her personality sparkles. She is genuine, helpful but never intrusive. I accidentally booked one day short for my stay and arrived a day early. She found me a room, walked me to a local place to grab a late dinner and made me feel very comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious and I enjoyed talking to the other guests. I actually stayed at Angelia in October 2013 but am only know posting--sorry--illness in family and am only now catching up. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank EEK60922

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mahopac, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I could not be more happy with our stay at the Angelica Blue B&B over Valentine's Day weekend. The inn is in a perfect location, close to the metro and within walking distance to many of Montreal's main attractions. Lynne, the owner of Angelica Blue, is a fantastic host and will go the extra mile to make sure that you are happy with your stay. This is the only place I will stay whenever I go to Montreal.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris T
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a last minute trip to Montreal, not knowing much about the location and wanting a spontaneous and restful stay away from the busyness of Toronto. Although we arrived late in the evening after our train ride, Lyne was there to greet us, as we had told her we'd be there around 11 pm. She welcomed us in and asked us if we wanted some tea. We felt right at home, with our blueberry teas, and warm and lovely room (the Victoria - highly recommended - spacious and romantic). Great stay there - delicious breakfast and lots of cheerful conversation with fellow travellers and Lyne - there was a family feeling among Lyne and staff, including Bernard and Kate ~ which we found refreshing and nice to be around to start the day. Stayed two nights and already thinking of when we can come back again! Seven-ten minute walk to Old Montreal, five minute from Chinatown, very close to St Laurent metro and shops along St. Laurent. We only had the weekend and didn't pack our itinerary, but would definitely go again to be close to everything, and also as a starting point to explore the city via metro.

Room Tip: Shared bathroom for downstairs rooms (toilet). Not a problem though. Bathrooms not adjoining the roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jjfinnigan
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My mum and I stayed two nights at Angelica Blue back in September. Lyne, the owner, is ebullient and knowledgeable, and she immediately made us feel at home. This B and B is impeccably clean and so quiet that I enjoyed the best sleep I've ever had in such an establishment. The staff are very sweet and accommodating, and the breakfast is first-rate, with fresh fruit in orange water, mini-quiches, and delectable homemade pastries, with an option for gluten-free bread.

I have already recommended this B and B to friends and will happily return.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PK S
Reviewed 2 November 2013

In a perfect location for exploring the diverse neighborhoods of Montreal, Angelica Blue is a restored 1871 home on a quiet street in the theater district. Lyne was lively and friendly as our multi-lingual hostess. The home is well maintained, artfully decorated, and a delicious breakfast is offered to start the day. Lyne went out of her way to be helpful during our stay. Using public transportation and the pedestrian walkway under the city is safe, clean, and easy--at Lyne's suggestion, we purchased a 747 bus and metro pass that also allowed us to catch a ride to the airport inexpensively. Her tips helped us navigate Montreal and saved us money as well. The B&B is located within easy walking distance of Vieux Montreal, the theaters, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and two metro stations. It is a fun and quaint place to stay near Vieux Montreal.

Room Tip: Check when making a reservation regarding room selections--all guest rooms are located on the second...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MKBTG
Kemptville, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Angelica Blue over the Thanksgiving Weekend. We found that this quaint B&B had a great deal to offer! Old Montreal was within walking distance. The street was very quiet. The house is beautifully decorated. Lyne, the owner, has obviously taken great care to give each room its own particular character. Our room and our bathroom were very clean and comfortable. However, this B&B's greatest asset is Lyne! She is very friendly and outgoing, and is committed to ensuring the comfort and happiness of her guests. What is more, she is prepared to go above and beyond. My husband and I managed to leave some of our clothes behind at Angelica Blue. We offered to drive back to Montreal to retrieve them. However, Lyne was very quick to suggest that she put them in the mail for us. And she did just that, at her own cost. Not every B&B manager will go to such lengths for their guests! If you are looking for a peaceful, charming, clean, centrally located B&B in Montreal with superior service, Angelica Blue is a must!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cleartide
Brisbane Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

As others have noted, Angelica Blue is within walking distance to the Old Town, however the location, although next to a police station, appears to be a little seedy.

To have parking in this city is great, but be aware the parking is in a street behind the b&b where you do not have direct access and homeless people were sleeping there, so we were a little worried about the security of our car. Fortunately nothing occurred.

We were not greeted upon arrival (which was unusual) and had to organize ourselves. Fortunately Lynn had given us the code to get in through the front door and we found our room open and awaiting us. We didn’t meet Lynn until the following morning at breakfast.

We stayed in the Victorian room and it was very clean and fresh. The daily room service was excellent and could not be faulted. It was among the best we encountered during our visit to the USA/Canada over a six week period. It was a bit of a nuisance to have to share a toilet, (specific to the Victorian room) however we knew that before we came. We did have a window with a view to the street though. Room is airconditioned with ceiling fan with plenty of lighting and good space. King bed was very comfortable and there is also a single bed in the room.

The kitchen is available for your use during the day, so it was good to be able to use the refrigerator for personal items or to make a cup of tea/coffee etc.

Lynn is an effusive and bubbly person and very chatty, but this can be a little overwhelming at breakfast time.

Breakfasts were average for a B & B but were filling and adequate.

Room Tip: We were in the Victorian room and could hear those above us walking around all the time. It this bo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple