“A cozy, charming B&B that will complete any stay in Montreal.”

Angelica Blue Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2010

While the traveler who posted the photos above certainly had grounds for complaint AT THE TIME those photos were taken, I could hardly give credence to such comments today.

Lyne runs a very tidy and honest business; provides gorgeous, cozy, and clean lodgings; serves hearty breakfasts in several courses; and, perhaps most importantly, goes out of her way to accommodate her guests above and beyond these base-level standards she has set.

To address the first, I did not spend the first night I was in Montreal in my room, although I'd left all of my things at the B&B. I still fully intended to pay for the room, because my booking made her unable to give the room out to another that night. However, Lyne removed the charge from my bill.

The room my boyfriend (who later joined me) and I stayed in was comfortable, clean, and absolutely lovely. The sheets were incredibly soft, a feather pad layered the mattress, and the overall room felt lived-in and ripe with age - being in a historical building - which only served to further enhance the comfort of the room. Not a speck of mould was to be seen anywhere. In fact, I witnessed the bathrooms being cleaned a handful of times during my 10 day sojourn. Moreover, fresh towels and sheets were always available, and even complementary shower supplies and bath beads were provided. And the furniture and decor had all the hallmarks of European luxury, of course.

Regarding the breakfasts, I was vegan and had brought much of my own food along, but Lyne was still sure to provide me with fresh fruit salads every morning, and even took pains to purchase my favourite fruits. My boyfriend, who is not vegan, however, very much enjoyed the homemade muffins, omelettes, and quiches that were served, in addition to the bagels, breads, and many spread available. You could not want for a hearty and delicious breakfast at this B&B.

Lyne is also sure to provide transport to and from the airport at a reasonable rate. Basem and Jean, the two gentlemen who were responsible for my transport, were both incredibly kind and personable. Basem pointed out all sorts of useful tidbits and landmarks on the way to the B&B, meanwhile, Jean drove me to a UPS store so I could ship a package back home before heading to the airport. The young girl Lyne has hired to help her run the B&B, Michele (I think I've spelled it right?), was also a dear.

Did I mention the location is central and excessively convenient? Just off St. Catherine's, amidst the UQAM campus, down the street from St. Denis and the Berri-UQAM metro station, near a Bixi station, and the list goes on.

All in all, this B&B deserves to be fully exonerated from the harsh accusations it once incurred. I would highly recommend you give this B&B a stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2010

I stayed at this Bed and Breakfast for 4 nights in June. The hospitality and ambiance were great! It is well located downtown everything is walking distance. Breakfast is served every morning and it's delicious! The place is super clean and the price isreally good. It ranges from 85$ to 145$ depending on whether you rent a big room with a private bathroom! The shared bathroom is clean and you would never know you were sharing it!

Reviewed 8 July 2010

My 5 days stay at Angelica Blue B&B for the Montreal Jazz festival was absolutely amazing. It had everything…good breakfast, clean and cozy room (I stayed in the Vienna room). I had such a wonderful time. Lynne, the owner and hostess Mikhaële made me feel right at home. They were amazing and very hospitable. As I was travelling alone I needed to find a safe location to stay. Angelica Blue was that and more. The room I stayed in was the Vienna, which was clean and cozy. What I really love was how centrally located I was to everything in downtown Montreal. I was walking distance to Old Montreal, Chinatown, Latin Quarter, the Metro and, the route for the 747 express bus from the airport to downtown Montreal. I was very happy that I didn't need to take a cab or public transportation to get around because I was able to walk everywhere. For those solo travelers, I really need to stress how centrally located Angelica Blue is to everything. For those Jazz lovers who are planning to go to the Montreal’s Jazz Festival 2011, Angelica Blue is the place to stay. It's walking distance from the festival. I know I will be there next year and where I’m staying… Angelica Blue.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

Good location. Excellent breakfasts. Friendly & helpful hosts. Very comfortable rooms. We stayed for 10 days & will definitely stay here next time we are visiting Montreal. Thanks! Kathy from Belfast.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank KathieBelfast
Reviewed 5 July 2010

The Angelica Blue was a lovely hidden gem in a superb location of Montreal. It was right by the police station so safety was covered and in walking distance of all of the wonderful attractions that Montreal has to offer. This little oasis is under new amazing management that has turned this quaint B & B into the place to be. Lyne the owner and her family made us wonderful breakfast in the morning, were extremely informative about the current festivals and happenings in the city and just overall a general pleasure to be around and converse with each day. The style of the rooms was brilliant with each room bringing a different theme. I stayed in the Beach....I got the best sleep and felt as though I was in the Caribbean from the wonderful murals on the wall. After my visit to the Angelica Blue I could not imagine staying anywhere else in Montreal. It was a great all around and I would recommend it to good people. The new owner has worked extremely hard restoring this property into the beautiful gem that it has become.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My stay at Angelica Blue was absolutely marvelous. I was a bit nervous at first because since I was traveling alone, I was scared I would feel lonely in a big hotel room. Thankfully, the owner, Lyne, and the girls who help her, Mikhaëlle and Camille, were always there to make me smile. When I first got there, I received a warm welcoming from Lyne. She showed me my room and I was very impressed. I was staying in the Victorian room and it was simply breathtaking. A beautiful king size bed with a nice little single bed which I unfortunately did not use. The room is full of light as there is a huge window. It was the perfect fit for me. I had the best sleep in a very long time! In the morning, I was served a delicious breakfast by Mikhaëlle and Camille. The breakfast always start by a daily baked muffin with a fresh fruit salad and yogurt. Then, they serve you the daily dish which is different every day! On the first day I had a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese which they prepared with lovely tomatoes and onions on the side to make it pretty. What a charm!
Afterwards, when I was ready to leave the Bed & Breakfast to face the city, the girls helped me to figure out the best places to eat, shop, have a drink, meet people! They were SO helpful!
So to summarize, I had the most amazing time there. Even though I was alone, I felt well surrounded and I felt like I was really cared after.
I recommend this place 100%!
I'll upload some photos later :) They let me take photos of most of the rooms .. !

1  Thank OliviaMcKelly
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Two weeks before this I travelled in Europe and stayed at some 4 and 5 star hotels. Lyne's place, Angelica Blue, was actually a much nicer and more professional experience for a fraction of the cost. Our room was large with an enormous bathroom with a claw foot tub. I've never felt so comfortable as staying there. The breakfast was fantastic. Great Montreal bagels, coffee, juices and fresh fruit served by two of the lovliest French Canadian girls on the planet. I honestly looked forward to returning to our room every night and opening the door to see just how nice it was. The owner is a bubbly French Canadian who is knowledgable with restuarants, wine stores, shopping, and directions and really makes you feel so incredibly welcome. She made my Canadian Grand Prix experience a winner. As great as the rooms were, it is the owner who made the real difference. If I ever go to Montreal again, I know exactly where I'm staying.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple