While the traveler who posted the photos above certainly had grounds for complaint AT THE TIME those photos were taken, I could hardly give credence to such comments today.
Lyne runs a very tidy and honest business; provides gorgeous, cozy, and clean lodgings; serves hearty breakfasts in several courses; and, perhaps most importantly, goes out of her way to accommodate her guests above and beyond these base-level standards she has set.
To address the first, I did not spend the first night I was in Montreal in my room, although I'd left all of my things at the B&B. I still fully intended to pay for the room, because my booking made her unable to give the room out to another that night. However, Lyne removed the charge from my bill.
The room my boyfriend (who later joined me) and I stayed in was comfortable, clean, and absolutely lovely. The sheets were incredibly soft, a feather pad layered the mattress, and the overall room felt lived-in and ripe with age - being in a historical building - which only served to further enhance the comfort of the room. Not a speck of mould was to be seen anywhere. In fact, I witnessed the bathrooms being cleaned a handful of times during my 10 day sojourn. Moreover, fresh towels and sheets were always available, and even complementary shower supplies and bath beads were provided. And the furniture and decor had all the hallmarks of European luxury, of course.
Regarding the breakfasts, I was vegan and had brought much of my own food along, but Lyne was still sure to provide me with fresh fruit salads every morning, and even took pains to purchase my favourite fruits. My boyfriend, who is not vegan, however, very much enjoyed the homemade muffins, omelettes, and quiches that were served, in addition to the bagels, breads, and many spread available. You could not want for a hearty and delicious breakfast at this B&B.
Lyne is also sure to provide transport to and from the airport at a reasonable rate. Basem and Jean, the two gentlemen who were responsible for my transport, were both incredibly kind and personable. Basem pointed out all sorts of useful tidbits and landmarks on the way to the B&B, meanwhile, Jean drove me to a UPS store so I could ship a package back home before heading to the airport. The young girl Lyne has hired to help her run the B&B, Michele (I think I've spelled it right?), was also a dear.
Did I mention the location is central and excessively convenient? Just off St. Catherine's, amidst the UQAM campus, down the street from St. Denis and the Berri-UQAM metro station, near a Bixi station, and the list goes on.
All in all, this B&B deserves to be fully exonerated from the harsh accusations it once incurred. I would highly recommend you give this B&B a stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Angelica Blue Bed & Breakfast is a 4 stars B&B located downtown. A friendly atmosphere is waiting for you with an energetic and well informed owner. She always knows what is happening in the city. There is also nice hostesses ready to give you the best service possible. Come visit us!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Angelica Blue Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angelica Blue Bed And Breakfast
- Angelica Blue Hotel Montreal