“Hotel? My home.”

Ranked #74 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Hotel? My home.”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have been residing at the Residence Inn Marriott Hotel in Westmount for the past month due to the consequences of losing my Montreal apartment in a fire the month previous.

The few days following the fire had me stuck in a daze, considering the occurrences came about so suddenly and unexpectedly. I was forced to take action and make quick decisions as to how I would manage the stress that is brought upon at the end of a school semester, as well as where I would reside for the remaining month I had left of school. With the great assistance and loving support of those around me, my arrangements to reside at the Residence Inn Marriott had been made in less than 24 hours.

I was more than grateful to have a roof over my head that offered such luxurious assets such as daily buffet breakfast, access to a gym/pool/sauna, and these so-called "snack times" which I later discovered were three free excuses to not make dinner three times a week. However, there was still a big part of me that couldn't accept the lifestyle I had been granted and had me wishing for my old one back. After a week of contemplating my fate, I gradually began to assimilate into my new living conditions. Not only did I enjoy my spacious room set up with, not one, but two cable TVs; I also began to enjoy the comfort of having such friendly staff and hotel guests around me. In fact, it only took a week for me to forget that I was a hotel guest myself. I felt very much at home and a sense of belonging as I became more familiar with the recurring faces.

My stay at the Residence Inn Marriott Hotel will be coming to an end this week. I will be sad to leave this place I can now call home. The staff have treated me with nothing but respect and have demonstrated great care and pride in the work that they do. I have nothing but good things to say about the Residence Inn Marriott in Westmount.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
HotelStPaul, Manager at Residence Inn Montreal Westmount, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Rachmo91,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor travellers.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your accommodations, the services offered as well as the amenities we provided. We wish you happiness in your new home!

The Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We were told our room was one of the "newly renovated" ones, which was ridiculous because everything in the room seemed really old. Carpet was dark and brown and smelled like mildew - I did not dare to take my shoes off. Bathroom was tiny. The shower head was really loose from the wall and felt like it was going to fall off. Every time the heater turned on, a terrible WHEEEEEE whining sound would screech out and wake the dead. The bed felt like a hard plank, totally uncomfortable and my back/hip hurt the next day. The exterior of the front entrance was a messy soggy carpet because there is a low spot there with a drain and all the snow melt drains into that area (poor design). Good things about the hotel: close to Metro station, parking garage is secure (worth the $20+tax to keep your car out of the snow/cold!). Warning: Parking garage not designed for anything bigger/taller than a compact car.

Room Tip: Better get a "newly renovated room" even though it's still pretty bad... I can't i...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Our stay at Residence Marriott Westmount (Feb 17th) was entirely enjoyable from A to Z.
Ttipadvisor had informed of the ongoing renovations at that location. Therefore, I did not make an online reservation. The receptionist (telephone) was most amicable and assured us that a newly renovated room would be available.

Our trip to Montreal was quicker than anticipated.
Upon our early arrival at the hotel, the receptionist was very understanding. She explained that we could immediately occupy a room that was ready on the South side if we wished. She pointed out that the room that had already selected on the North side would give us a better view of Mont-Royal if we could delay our registration till 3pm.
She gave us a temporary key so that we could park in the garage. We then enjoyed a stroll along Sainte-Catherine Avenue until the normal registration time.
Upon our return, the new receptionist was equally agreeable.

Everything in the room was immaculate. The view (17th floor) was outstanding!
It was a delightful start to our day and a half escapade in Montreal.
The following day started with a superb buffet breakfast (complimentary).
The employees in the restaurant were also very attentive.

There are many sightseeing opportunities in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.
The 20-minute walk the Old Montreal is a pleasant outing by itself. There are countless interesting stops to be made along the way.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this residence.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jack44059
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 January 2012

It's convenietly located close to ATWATER metro station. Rooms have been renovated but not bathrooms. However because this hotel is very popular specially at weekends, damages can be noticed easily on the ceiling, paint...etc. It has around 20 floors with only 2 elevators. You cannot park your car within the hotel parking if you have an SUV. You need to park it within a 5-minute walking distance open parking that has specific regulations. Breakfast is convenient and they offer free snacks in the evening hours

Room Tip: High floor facing the mountain are quiet. Choose one bedroom suites. They have decent size
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I was given an old room when I checked in. It was horrible with a murky smell that made me gag. The furniture were old and quite outdated. Because of the condition, I asked to change room. Nothing was available until the next day and with a slight increase in the room rate, I was put in one of their newly renovated rooms. The difference was literally night and day!! The first room I would give them a 1 star as it was pretty much a 2-star hotel quality. But the newly renovated room I would give a 4 stars! Dear hotel management, I sincerely hope that you have plans to renovate all the rooms soon. It really makes a huge difference and I look forward to the day that the renovation is complete.

Breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Good hotel for business traveler, excellent breakfast, nice pool and fitness room.
Staff are excellent.
Room are nice

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I booked this hotel with some reluctance as a lot of reviews commented that it was old and in need of renovation etc. I was pleasantly surprised when we were checked into a room that was recently renovated and found the accomodations to be great! The lobby and common areas all looked new as well. It was convienient since the Atwater Metro stop was only a block away and other parts of downtown within a few minutes walk. The breakfast was comporable to the breakfast offerings that you have to pay for at a typically Marriott Courtyard hotel, so overall I was very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple