All reviewsatwater metro stationalexis nihonliving roomthe penthousetop floorlarge balconyfull kitchenfree breakfasttwo blockscouple blocksindoor poolclose to downtownthe breakfast areast catherinemin walkmont royalyogurt
Reviewed 16 November 2009

The hotel is located very close to Atwater Metro station and is nicely located very close to Montreal Downtown. This is a pure business hotel with decent breakfast and good rooms to stay. The building is very old. However the rooms are well maintained and there is a pool and GYM at the top floor of the building. There are no restaurants inside the hotel but a 5 minute walk from the hotel gives u lots of options to eat out. A very nice and good Value for Money hotel for business travellers.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Rama2209
Reviewed 24 October 2009

This is not your standard Residence Inn like ones in the U.S. A friend recommended this Inn based on its location. I had my doubts since I didn't have good experience at Residence Inns in the US on two previous stays.

I was pleasantly surprised by this Residence Inn for its cleaniness, good location, and friendly staff.

What I liked:
+ Full breakfree
+ Helpful, friendly bilingual staff
+ Good location - close to downtown Montreal business district

What I disliked:
- parking

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Hotel lobby was very clean and inviting. We stayed here because we needed the separate bedroom and kitchenette for a family (parents and toddler). Hotel offered a crib free of charge, but we had our own. Our rate included free breakfast in the lobby restaurant which was very good. Offered was eggs, waffles, pancake, bacon, sausage, variety of breads and bagels, cereals, fruit, yogurts, coffee, tea and juices.

Nice location on a quiet residential street near Dawson College. Two blocks away is Atwater Metro station. If you have a car, there is a nice outdoor lot two blocks from the hotel on Rue Sherbrooke. The rate is 7$ CAD per day. You pay by leaving exact change in an envelope in a mail slot. Lot is very safe and spaces are always available. No attendant, come and go as you please.

Also two blocks away is Rue Sainte-Catherine. There you will find all sorts of restaurants; easily walk-able. Also, where Atwater Metro station is, there is a shopping mall that offers retail stores, a supermarket, and even a discount store similar to a Wal-Mart.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Located in a nice quiet residential neighborhood on the west end of Downtown. Withing Walking distance of the Atwater Metro. Clean, nice spacious rooms with kitchen. and a complimentary breakfast buffet. Underground parking, and a nice friendly bilingual staff.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights with my husband who is in Montreal on business. Here what I wish I had known before being stuck there.

The pool is very small, the photos on the web site make it seem much bigger. The "sauna" is a closet sized room in the individual bathrooms. The pool and fitness room closes relatively early (as do most places in Montreal). i asked if I could sit on the Patio, apparently it is more commonly referred to as a terrace, but no I could not sit outside in the sunshine, this was reserved for special use by the hotel. Several times the elevator got stuck on our floor, the doors would open, close, open, close. When we told the front desk he just said the elevators were old and sometimes you had to jump up and down a little to get it to work...c'est la vie!! Unbelievably I actually tried this, it didn't work. The balconies off the rooms seem like an after thought in the construction of the building, slabs of concrete, jutting out and pitched slightly at an angle downward, I assume to let the water run off from the cooler, which seems to be a swamp cooler, in a place with 80% humidity??? It was very, very noisy. The internet works well enough, but it's not wireless, like wireless internet is some newfangled technology in Canada. There was no table to eat at in our room, which was smaller than the suites. My husband's employer PRE-PAIDED for this room, but they tried to check him out prematurely twice. They also charged $200 to the credit card he gave (for things we might charge to the room) 5 DAYS AFTER WE CHECKED IN!! The explanation given by the front desk was they had to "make sure the card worked", so they arbitrarily charge $200, 5 days after we check in, without informing us they are going to do this. Front desk guy defended this logic saying "all hotels do this" and that "What if we put a hole in the wall"...Ummm, not any I've stayed in. And finally, the parking in expensive, $17.00 a night.

OK, here are the positives, for me, anyway. The beds were comfortable and the pillows down. The maid would do our dirty dishes for us. The room was clean. There is a laundry downstairs, $1.50 Canadian to wash and dry. There is a pretty big free breakfast. It's close to the metro (Atwater) and Starbuck.

Here's my advice, if you're over 22, stay in old Montreal. This is a college neighborhood, a little weird, and not a lot for a tourist to do.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank NazzColorado
RI_Management, Manager at Residence Inn Montreal Westmount, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2009

We regret to hear of your disappointment with our property. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences the situation you described may have caused you.

Rest assured that we have investigated the different issues with everyone concerned and have taken corrective measures whenever it was possible. We have also passed on to the team the positive feedback about the room cleanliness and the comfort of the bed. Thank you for those important comments.

While we understand your frustration, please take note as future reference that our bigger suites do offer a dining space allowing guests to eat comfortably in their guestroom. We also wish to apologize for the misleading information you seemed to have been given about our pool and fitness room. As per our operating standards of service, our fitness room is opened 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and our pool opens everyday at 5 30 AM to only close at 10.30PM. This large window of accessibility provides enough flexibility to our leisure market as well as our business people to relax either before or after work and sometimes at both occasions. We empathize with your feelings about hotel policies at registration in regards to the settlement of the hotel bill. Take note however that the $ 200.00 charge you refer to was at no time charged to your credit card . The $ 200.00 means to be an estimated amount of the bill which is registered with your credit card company as a pre-approval and is never processed until you actually check out of the hotel and only processes the total final payment stated on your invoice.

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with others and invite you to contact the administrative office of the hotel should further assistance be needed.

Yours Truly,