All reviews atwater metro station alexis nihon living room the penthouse top floor large balcony full kitchen free breakfast two blocks couple blocks indoor pool close to downtown the breakfast area st catherine min walk mont royal yogurt
Reviewed 10 June 2010

If I had to move to Montreal I would select this hotel until I would find a permenant home, as it feels like my home. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I had to stay in Montreal on my own for six days and wanted somewhere near to Concordia University. This fitted the bill well. It was actually very convenient for downtown as well as the University, as Atwater station is just around the corner. The Metro is very easy to use, and that line also takes you out to the Olympic park and its sites easily. A short trip also to Old Montreal.

The studio suite I had was spacious with a very well equipped kitchen. I am not sure where the moans on this site about the rooms come from. Yes it is an older hotel, but although the corridors are well used, it is clean and the foyer is very modern. The room had a good desk corner with internet and a good sized bathroom and there was also a balcony. I realised afterwards that if you want a view ask for a Mount Royal view room. I had a downtown view. From the Penthouse where the pool is you can see both ways very well. The pool is lovely- small but well looked after. Refreshing after a hot walk!

Overall, I think this would be a really good hotel if you had a family as the rooms are spacious and well kept. The desk staff are very helpful and welcoming and can give advice on places to go. They were a bit funny about my credit card booking via Co op travel in England as they said the card didnt work- I explained how big a company the Co op were and that there must be a mistake, but it took almost my whole stay to sort which was not good. It turned out to be a mistyping I think! They were very friendly about it, but the continued saga was wearing.

Breakfast is good and there is lots of choice. If I had to moan it would be that there is often a variation in whether the cutlery is plastic or metal. So one morning we had lots of metal knives but only plastic forks! The coffee was great. The service varied from good to less cheerful!

The gym is small but enough and well kept. I would recommend this as somewhere to stay in Montreal. There is a good local shopping centre around the corner where you can buy all that you need if you want to cook.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2010

A big thanks to Kathy and her staff for all their help and service throughout our stay in Montreal. Suggest Guidos on Catherines for some exellent pasta and a great night out when the hockey is on. Also Val's resturant in the old town.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DogendEssex
Reviewed 14 May 2010

We have stayed at this hotel twice now, with our family. 2 young kids 7 and 11. The room we get is sometimes called a BedRoom Suite. It has 2 rooms, with a kitchenette and a balcony. One room has the Queen bed, and the pull-out out sofa bed is in the other room that has the kitchenette. Included in the price is a great buffet breakfast, and wired internet in the room.
When the sofa-bed is pulled out, you cannot walk around it to get to the balcony, it opens right up against the TV cabinet. (there is a TV in each room). The matress on the sofa-bed is pretty thin, and is okay for kids, but I wouldn't want to sleep on it.
The buffet breakfast is great: scrambled egs, sausage (or bacon depending on the morning), toast your own bagel, or toast or english muffin, muffins, donuts, cereal (cold and porridge), yogurt, fruit salad, make your own waffle, juice, milk, coffee.. and the staff keep refilling things till breakfast is done. This is NOT just a continental breakfast!..sometimes the china plates run out and they use styrofoam (I hate cutting on those)
The internet, is a wired connection, and works great on the desk near the sofabed. The kitchenette has a fullsize fridge, a stove, a microwave (orville popcorn included) and sink and a diskwasher. some pots and plates and stainless cutlery included.
Pool is up on the top floor (23?) and is small, and a bit cool, but good for a dip at the end of the day (open till 10:30pm).. the gym on the same level has about 5 machines and is open 24 hours.
The location is close enough to downtown to walk..we did it one night down to St Catherine, and it was fine.
The parking garage cannot take vehicle over 5'8" (or so) so our van had to be parked in a lot 2 blocks away, $9.00 cash in an envelope for 24 hours, in and out privileges, no attendant, but patrolled by security.
ON the whole, I love this place. Very convenient, and there are good deals when you pay up front!..
..enjoy, but leave me a spot...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2010

We opened the door of our spacious tw-bedroom suite only to find candy on the floor, a carpet that had not been cleaned, stained and ripped sofas in the living room, dirty placemats on the dining room table, an old and dirty fridge, an old mocrowave, etc. They are doing some very nice rennovations (e.g., new dishwashers, new bathrooms with a very nice shower) but clearly this properly needs to be brought up to Marriott standards. We called the front desk who was extremely friendly and did everything they could to make our stay a good one, and they moved us to a second room hoping it would be better but unfortunatley it had the sames issues. We finally left the hotel (the manager on duty -- Ms. [---] -- was very empathetic but there was little she could do to address the cleanliness issues) and checked into the Marriott Residence Inn Downtown, where we were extremely happy. This hotel is clean as a whistle and very well situated. Our trip to Montreal was saved!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Residence_Inn_Mtl_W, Manager at Residence Inn Montreal Westmount, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2010

Dear Mr. (...),

On behalf of our team please accept our most sincere apologies for the experience you had upon your checking into our hotel.
We understand your frustrations under the circumstances. The rooms you were assigned were in fact not ready to be sold. We regret it happened and can assure you of an isolated case.
Rest assured that we investigated the matter and already took corrective and appropriate measures.
Thank You Mr. (...) for your loyalty to Marriott hotels.

The General Manager