“Small but charming”

Ranked #41 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Small but charming”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My boyfriend and I spent 1 night on November at this hotel. Before hand I looked at the website so I was already aware of the size of the rooms...which are pretty small. I had a superior room, with a jacuzzi in the bathroom but the size was like I said...very small BUT this hotel is inspired by the "Europeen Hotel Style" and in Europe, hotel rooms look like that so...no disapointment (by the way, the mastress and the pillows were SO comfortable!!).

The staff was very nive and helpul, there a e a lot of services (like snacks available until 11pm and...free!). They hang on your door a continental breakfast in a basket every morning at 6h30am and I think this is quite interesting.

The only "negative" point is that the rooms, for what it is, ae a bit expensive (I was lucky I had a special price but I'm talking about the regular price). I think we need to take into consideration the location but there are some other big hotel downtown that have almost the same price per night (but they don't have the continental breakfast served in a basket!! =) ).

Any way, I really enjoyed my stay there, just don't expect a big room (well if you have a economic, regular or superior type of room).

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoanyC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My partner and I just spent several nights in this lovely hotel. We were in Montreal to attend a concert in their beautiful, new Symphony Hall. The surrounding neighborhood, especially the nearby park, looked a bit sketchy after dark, but the subway is right across the street (it took us straight to the the Place des Arts) and it's only a couple of blocks stroll to the lively and fun Latin Quarter.

The room was a bit small, but fine. I've had smaller rooms in europe and this one seemed expansive by comparison. The bathroom was tiny, but a marvel of design and efficiency. The shower stall was great and so was the water pressure and temperature. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed was comfy....almost luxurious.

My only complaint is that the room, while attractively lit, was too dark. We had to keep the bathroom light on (which was accompanied by a loud fan) and the door opened to light up the room.)

A coffeemaker was in the room and an ample and tasty continental breakfast, packed in a basket, was delivered each morning. It was perfect! Also, starting in mid-afternoon til later in the evening, there were snacks and beverages laid out for hotel guests in the breakfast room/lounge downstairs.

We ate dinner one night in the hotel's Korean restaurant, Le Goût de Corée, and it was delicious and the service was excellent.

The best thing of all was the friendly and helpful service. A kind face and a nice word always make a stay in an unfamiliar place so much more pleasant.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pileup
NY, USA
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed for 3 nights at that hotel, the staff were really nice and very helpful, especially Noelle- always available to answer your questions. I requested a room with a 2-person whirlpool and it was given to me. the room was nice, a bit small, but it was fine for 2 people and we didn't have much luggage. i thought it was a cute touch that we were given the baskets every morning filled with fruit, yogurt, pastries, etc. and i like that there was a space in the lobby area filled with tea, coffee, snacks. It was in a central location, the metro was right across the street. and you get free wifi in the rooms. good area, nice hotel, friendly staff...i would return there.

Room Tip: depending on what type of room you pay for you can request a 2-person whirlpool bath tub
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, rooms were good size and clean. The location of the hotel could not be better with the Latin Quarter only a few minutes walk away. The only problem with this hotel was the parking. We had paid for parking while we were staying but noone told us that the day we were leaving we would be charged an extra $10 for staying past noon. We wouldn't have minded if someone had pointed that out to us- so just be aware of that.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Brussels
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Wonderful stay at the Pomerol. The service was very professional and extremely friendly.
I loved the little "picnic baskets" for breakfast, and the all day open kitchenette.
Very well situated. Really, nothing negative to say!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My usband and I stayed at the Pomerol for a night in may 2011. We had a very good time. Our room was perfect ! The hotel is well situated and the staff is friendly. When we woke up the next morning, we had a delicious breakfast in a basket near our door... So, we had breakfast in the bed. I really recomand this hotel. Enjoy your stay !

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Last fall my wife and I stayed here with the Scandinavian bath package. It was an amazing weekend. The staff was super nice and helpful! We are from Ottawa, so we had no clue where things were in the city. But the staff was very helpful! Room was clean, quiet, and romantic!
Thanks for the amazing weekend!

PS My wife and I are planning a trip to Montreal soon and this is where we will be staying again.

• Stayed October 2010