“Great weekend getaway!”

Auberge Le Pomerol
Ranked #58 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights back in May and we had a fabulous time. The hotel was cozy and romantic. Just what we were looking for! The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. We loved the picnic basket breakfast delivered to our room every morning.

The hotel is in a great location, right across the street from the Berr-UQUAM metro station which will get you anywhere you need to go!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Auberge Le Pomerol. The hotel is located Downtown where the staff were SO friendly and helpful especially Chantal at the front desk!!! The room was nicely decorated, clean, and spacious!! The bed was very comfortable!! I loved that our room had a window seat so I could sit in it and people watch!! The window opened as well which I liked. The AC unit was VERY quiet!!! They deliver a basket to your room every morning with croissants, muffins, juice, yogurt, cheese and fresh fruit. It is hanging on the door when you get up!! So cute!!!!! There are also snacks in the little café the hotel has from 3pm to 11pm. There were cookies, cheese and crackers and dried fruit. The hotel is located across the street from the Metro and just three blocks from St. Denis Street which is known as the Latin Quarter where there are plenty of different restaurants to choose from and it is also where you can pick up the Grayline Hop on/off bus!! If you are driving, parking was easy!! They have a lot right behind the hotel where our car was safely parked!! It costs 15.00 a day and you can take it in and out as much as you want. Overall, this was an EXCELLENT hotel!!!!!!! We will definitely stay here again!!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in the front of the building with a window seat if you like that.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

It's the end of six brilliant nights at Auberge Le Pomerol, which has proved so much better than I hoped, even with the great Tripadvisor reviews. The hotel is very cool. My room's large, clean, stylish, and there's a great separate bathroom including the fun jacuzzi. And having the in-room fridge and tea/coffee maker is excellent, and with the additional kitchen downstairs it's all perfect. I am here to work, but the hotel's so good it feels like a vacation - however a serious point is that the free wifi works like a charm. Easy to connect and completely reliable.

Le Pomerol is in a great neighbourhood, on the edge of The Village as far as I can make out. I didn't know Montreal, but being based here I've had a great experience of the city. It's one block up from the pedestrian St Catherine's Street and surrounded by bookstores and restaurants. There's a square round the corner with giant chess sets and where there was a free concert earlier today. I'm at a meeting at the Palais de Congres where the other delegates are so envious of my hotel when I tell them. The Palais is 15-20 minutes pleasant and interesting walk away or just 2 stops via the metro which is across the street from the hotel (the metro station is the hub (Berri-UQAM), at the intersection of all three lines, so perfectly placed to go anywhere). It's an even shorter walk to the old port if you want to be touristy.

As people have said, the breakfast baskets are a lovely touch. There's also a very good bistro adjoining that you should check out while here (Les Temps Nouveaux), or even if you can't get a room here (there are only 27, so book early to avoid disappointment!). But one of the best parts of a very good experience is that all the hotel staff are friendly, charming and can't do enough to help if any assistance is required. If and when I plan to return to this great cty, the first thing I will do is re-book this hotel.

Factual extras: there is no in-room safe, but I'm sure they'd look after anything if you needed them to. Rooms do come with iron/ironing board, radio alarm, flat-screen TV and a pretty cool-looking Sony docking station if you're sad enough to have an iPhone. Also mine has wood floors, two armchairs, a large chest of drawers and a nice (very large) curtained-off wardrobe. There's no gym, but plenty of people round here jog!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights during the Just for Laughs Festival and loved it. We actually booked it through a packed (and it was the least expensive rate) so we did not really know what we were getting (other that a quick look at Trip Advisor to know the ratings were high).

We were so pleasantly surprised! I had just done two business trips where I had stayed in two "European" "boutique" hotels in the US for way more so, I was expecting to be in a tiny closest of of room. Our room, which I believe was a standard, was huge! We had a desk and a little sitting area, neither of which we expected, plus the jacuzzi tube. We actually kept saying things like "wait - did we pay more for this trip than we said?" We were that surprised. I think the pictures make the rooms like smaller than they are (or our room was a fluke, I can't be sure).

Anyway, the location is awesome. We walked nearly everywhere and the Metro is directly across the street if you want to go longer distances. Everyone we encountered at the desk was incredibly friendly and parking is $15, which was on par with or cheaper than the other places I looked at.

The breakfast basket is a nice touch and a fun surprise. Plus, there are refrigerators in the room (another shocker - I thought that was only a US thing) so you can save whatever you don't eat to snack on later or whatever delicious goodies you find while out. There is also coffee/tea/snacks downstairs in their kitchen to supplement your breakfast or mid-afternoon snack craving.

This will definitely be my new go-to place in Montreal.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

my husband and i decided kind of last minute to attend the formula 1 race in montreal in june. we decided about 2 months beforehand when most hotels are already sold out. i had won a gift certificate for this hotel and that heavily influenced our decision to stay here. we were booked in a superior room (404) for 5 nights.

for grand prix, this hotel is perfect. it is right across the street from berri uqam station. from here, it is a direct transfer to the race circuit on the yellow metro line. there is a mac's convenience store right next to the station which was great for buying water and snacks to take to the track everyday. the hotel is also one block from ste catherine st which had some dining options.

we arrived at about 8:30am after a red-eye flight from the west coast and all we wanted to do was go to sleep. we had booked a superior room, however our room wasnt ready when we arrived (he hadnt expected it would be). but william (the agent that i had booked everything through) was working when we arrived, and very generously put us in an economy room for a few hours so we could sleep. we had a nap, and william called us at 11am letting us know that our superior room (room 404 on the fourth floor) was ready. our room was little small, but was more than adequate for what we needed. there was 1 queen bed, and we faced to the back of the hotel, which meant it was really quiet at night. we had a hard time getting the room to cool down, but we asked the front desk for a fan, and they were able to get one for us to use. the only issue i had with the room was there was a small step up into the bathroom, and no matter how many times i tripped on that step, i continued to do so the entire stay! that was my own fault though and no fault of the hotel. the bathroom also had a jacuzzi tub which was much appreciated after sitting in the rain everyday watching the racing!

the breakfast basket was an awesome touch. i cant have dairy, so i didnt get to have much of the basket (i did not advise the hotel of this, so i was not expecting anything special), but my husband enjoyed the extra items that i did not have.

we didnt do a lot of dining out while in montreal, we usually went to the grocery store (IGA about 1 block away) and bought salads or sandwiches. however, we wanted to have poutine one night, and we took the advice from friends, as well as the front desk agent working to try le banquise in the mont royal neighbourhood. this was 2 or 3 stops away on the metro, and then about a 10 minute walk - but it was the most amazing poutine i have ever had!!

this hotel is a little away from some of the popular tourist attractions, however the metro can get you everywhere you want to go. we got three day unlimited pass for the metro, and this worked well for us. it was a $40 flat rate for a cab from the airport. this hotel was suited perfectly for what we needed, and we couldnt have asked for a better location.

Room Tip: we stayed in a superior room - 404. this room faced the back of the hotel so it was really quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 day stay at le Pomerol. Great location across the street from the Metro station. Very clean bedroom, comfortable bed, clean bathroom with a nice tub, great service. Breakfast came in a picnic basket as advertised. We would stay here again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

One night only and it was a good one. The Pomerol is a good location. 20 min walk to anywhere. A little dated but who really cares? The room was clean. The staff was great. Parking was cheap. And to top it off...they bring you a small breakfast to your door for free.