“We will stay here again and highly recommend it!”

and 1 more site!
Habitation du Vieux Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“We will stay here again and highly recommend it!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed in room 501, the Caribbean room. It was perfect for a family of 4. We were two adults and a teen. There is enough room that we hosted friends up for tea. Great location in the heart of Old Montreal. We walked through Chinatown to St Catherine St - no problem t all! The place was perfectly clean - with beautiful hardwood floors. Our bedroom and full bath was upstairs while the living room (with leather futon), kitchen and dining area were downstairs. The washer and dryer are in a closet in the hall but this room is the only one using the hall. The only reason for not giving 5 stars was the air conditioner/fan was a bit noisy for sleeping and there was a slight odour entering the building (ultra sensitive nose). The place was extremely clean so it would not stop me from rebooking! We will travel to Montreal more often now that we have found this little gem!! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
orchard park, ny
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stay here over Memorial Day weekend and had a nice time. The weather was terrible....it rained the entire time we were there and it was cold but that is not the hotels fault! We booked at the last minute and got the smaller room...#302 but when we got there we were upgraded to #301 because of a cancellation. That was a nice surprise! We are a family of four so the bigger room is a bonus. The room/apt. was very nice...it was certainly big enough for all of us. I really like having a full kitchen for the morning. We had breakfast here everyday and it was nice to have snacks etc. for the kids. My kids are ages 9 and 14.
We had a corner room that looked over the main road....that was nice! The only problem is the noise! Believe what others have said....the noise at night is terrible! We hardly slept at all! I felt like I was sleeping in the street. The third night we were there we had neighbors in the next room. The walls are so thin I could here a man snoring and there was a baby crying a lot during the night. That is one reason I gave this a 4 star rating.
The other negative was the bathroom could use some updating/cleaning. The shower had some mold and could use new caulking.
One other thing to keep in mind is this is an apartment rental so there is NO maid service. There is a washer/dryer so you can wash the towels. We called because we were not sure of the level of service and they did bring more towels but told us to wash them if we wanted to reuse them. Of course for the price we paid I'm not complaining.
The location is perfect....right in the heart of Old Montreal. You can walk anywhere from here. We felt like we lived there instead of just visiting....my kids liked that part! My 14 year old is studying French in school and was thrilled that she could read and understand the language. Mostly everyone speaks English so there wasn't a language problem.
Even though we never met Kolkila, she was very accommodating every time we called her. She really wanted us to have a nice stay.
We had a good time and would definitely stay here again if we go back. If you want to experience the city like a local this is the place to stay. It is very nice, in a great location for an affordable price! I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I totally agree with all the other reviewers. This hotel is small (just 5 rooms available) but it makes you feel you are home. The Old Port is a couple of blocks away; you can walk to the Old Port at night to enjoy the view. rue St Paul is just next street and China Town is a comfortable walk from this hotel. BTW, Notre Dame Basilica is less than 10 minutes leisurely walk. This is the perfect location! There is no hotel parking (actually, there is only one spot on the street right in front of the boutique to the left of the hotel, only allowed to unload or load your things). I parked my car overnight in the Marriott Hotel garage parking a few steps from the hotel, overnight is $20 (cheaper than other places). There is also open parking in front of the hotel but I prefer the Marriott garage parking, safer that way. Our room is the Canadien type, with kitchen (microwave, stove, refrig) living room, and washer/dryer (no coins needed! Just put in your clothes and hit Start and ready to go - bring your own laundry soap). Room is in excellent shape, exceptionally clean. The hotel owns a souvenir shop as well, along rue St Paul, so I suggest that you buy your souvenirs from their store and get a discount, which I did - am happy!. Equally important, the manager is so friendly and always makes sure you are happy with yiour stay. Since she also works at the souvenir store, you need to call the hotel phone number when you get to the hotel (again, park your car in front of the boutique while waiting for her!) and she will run to open the door and give you the door keys. I'm trying to think of something negative about this hotel but everything is really excellent! If I have the chance to visit Old Montreal again, I'll definitely book this hotel months in advance. You will not regret it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The quality of this accommodation at this pricepoint would be hard to beat in downtown Montreal. It gets my A+ for everything except the street noise from below. But I guess that's to be expected with antique French windows. Maybe ask Kokila which of the suites is the quietest. Kokila is the owner/manager and does her job extremely well. I had a late evening flight when I was leaving and left my suitcase in her office until late afternoon. It was a hot summer day and when I returned to pick up the luggage I must have been a little bit sweaty and dissheveled. Kokila noticed and asked if I'd like to have a shower before I started my journey home. She said that one of the suites was vacant, handed me the keys and I had the luxury of a shower before getting on the plane. You'll never get treatment like that even at a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Markham
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Right at the center of old Montreal we stayed in a three bedroom suite. Spread over 3 floors it was exactly what we were looking for. They do need to spruce things up a bit with some missing paint, dust in the bathroom vent and the screens repaired.

The residence manager was very attentive and positive and accommodated all our requests.

Steps to old Montreal it is a great location. We did heed the other reviews to bring ear plugs that were needed as the suite we had overlooked the piano bar.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed 23 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Habitation du Vieux in September for four nights. We had booked one of the smallest units because we knew we would be out exploring the city most of the time. Upon arrival, we were shown the small unit and another apartment that was available (I had actually considered this one.) The upgrade was too good of a deal to pass up. The apartment manager was very helpful. The unit we selected was a one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen. The apartment was very clean and comfortable. The hotel was very secure. The location was perfect for our daily adventures. We would certainly consider staying here again. (Although I am listing this trip under couples, it would be a great place for a family as well.)

Room Tip: Each room is fully detailed on the hotel website. Even though the smallest unit is in the "bas...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I was unbelievably impressed by the service, the cleanliness, and the over all experience. Kokila was incredibly accommodating and was nothing but positive. We needed an extra late checkout when we left and she completely understood and gladly accommodated out needs. The apartment was flawlessly clean when we arrived and is equipped with a washer/dryer, full kichen w/ dishwasher and the most beautiful views of Old Montreal. I know you wouldn't want to just spend time in the hotel when you're on vacation, but this place is so much more worth your money and it's literally steps to China Town, Notre Dame, Garde Manger and a ton of museums and the science center! You gotta stay here, it's just amazing. Most amazing hotel experience yet, along with all the magical experiences Montreal gave me that weekend!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends