“good for cheap price”

Hostel Inn Tourist
Bogota
“good for cheap price”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

It is cheap, the breakfast is excellent, the rooms are comfortable, the staff are friendly, they explain you where you can go and travel. the bad things: there was no hot water............ For one or two nights is an excellent option.....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank YENNY CAROLINA Z

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Clean. Adequate facilities. GREAT location. Jak is friendly and kind
Walking distance to Metro and Old Montreal + lots of attractions
Clean. Adequate facilities. GREAT location. Jak is friendly and kind
Walking distance to Metro and Old Montreal + lots of attractions

Room Tip: All rooms private
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chicsta
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I cannot accurately rate some aspects of this hostel because I never entered through the front door. Very unconventional hostel with strange check-in/confirmation policies, extremely rude staff member(s?)with a hate for American tourists. My boyfriend and I were left standing on the street after a staff member walked away from us, who had unknowingly to us, cancelled our reservation and charged the 2 nights fee to my credit card without my authorization. Thanks for the memories, Inn Tourist!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jana Y

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I saw and killed two bed bugs within my first hour of checking into my room. One was on the bed and the other was on a window curtain. I was horrified and grossed out. The hostel is not really a hostel but three private rooms for rent in a second floor walkup. No internet, phone, fridge or t.v. very bare bones just a bed and a bathroom. The room was very very tiny as well. Jak the owner refused to give a refund and also over changed me for the room. I was quoted one price on the internet and when I arrived he charged a higher amount. I lefted right away and never stayed here. Although this is a central location it is not worth the money. Stay at hostel international - Montreal instead it is a reputable chain or you can find a location downtown for around the same price or a bit more with more things to offer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank gwen19
Mexico
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My friend and I stayed in the hostel inn two nights and we had a great time. The room has a bed and a bathroom and if you like travel light without any kind of luxury this is a great place to stay. The owner JAK is a very nice guy, he gave us all information about Montreal and a very useful map. The hostel has a very centric location which is very good 'cause you can walk to everywhere. It is in the second floor and it has a lot of stairs. There isn't facilities for handicapped, so keep this in mind if you can't go upstairs . But if you do, I recommend this place for staying in your visit to Montreal.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Edmonton
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Simple accommodation designed with young travellers in mind (comfortably rooms two, additional bed available). Private bed/bath with shared balcony (2 out of 3 rooms only--book early) located in the heart of downtown Montreal, close to all amenities (seriously). Extremely helpful and friendly management. Perfect for first-time visitors to the city seeking an authentic Montreal experience!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hostel Inn Tourist in Montreal last year during our round the world trip, and to be honest we weren't that impressed.

We had stayed at several hostels along the way, always in a private room and they had all the resources and amenities you could want. (reception, kitchen, rec room, private bathroom, all had a tv and some even a dvd player!) At the Hostel Inn Tourist, all you got was a bed and a bathroom! The manager had to find out exactly when we would be arriving so that he could be there to check us in, as there is no reception. It is basically three rooms rented out above a restaurant. The advertisememt I read online showed a balcony area for relaxing and overlooking the main street, turns out that is only available to the people in the front two rooms (which we were not in!). This shouldnt be advertised as a hostel, but as private rooms for rent! On the last night my boyfriend became ill and made quite a mess in the room. I spent hours cleaning it up using our dirty laundry etc, as I could not locate a mop and bucket etc.. (and there was no one to call or help seeing as how after check in you have no further contact unless you call the manager directly on his cell and only at certain times. On your last day you just leave the key on the bed and shut the door behind you).

In closing, if you are looking for the most basic of rooms at not so cheap prices then this is the place for you. But make no mistake, this is not a fun vibrant social hostel, It's just a long narrow flight of stairs and three rooms.... It does have one positive though... location is pretty good, lots of restaurants and funky bars!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of facilities/amenities
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple