“Better than a hotel”

Hostel Inn Tourist
Hostel Inn Tourist
Ranked #62 of 100 Speciality Lodging in Montreal
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My friend and I stayed at this Hostel during the Grand Prix weekend and it was the most amazing time! We loved this little place. The ad says that there is no hot water, but there is. It also says that there is no wifi, but the pizza pizza has wifi that we were able to use whenever it was on. Either way, we didn't miss it. The place is like a cute small apartment with everything you'd need. There is also an enormous rooftop terrace that my friend and I absolutely loved. The location is amazing, really close to everything because you're on Ste. Catherine's street. You're also really close to the metro and Old Montreal and La Montagne. The owner, Jack, is probably the sweetest man I've ever met and was extremely helpful to us in telling us where to go and what to visit and the best place to park our car where it was safe and secure. I would definitely stay here again and again and again!

Room Tip: the one we were was the first door on the left up the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adrienne P

Reviewed 17 August 2013

It is cheap, the breakfast is excellent, the rooms are comfortable, the staff are friendly, they explain you where you can go and travel. the bad things: there was no hot water............ For one or two nights is an excellent option.....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank YENNY CAROLINA Z
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Clean. Adequate facilities. GREAT location. Jak is friendly and kind
Walking distance to Metro and Old Montreal + lots of attractions
Clean. Adequate facilities. GREAT location. Jak is friendly and kind
Walking distance to Metro and Old Montreal + lots of attractions

Room Tip: All rooms private
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Chicsta
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I cannot accurately rate some aspects of this hostel because I never entered through the front door. Very unconventional hostel with strange check-in/confirmation policies, extremely rude staff member(s?)with a hate for American tourists. My boyfriend and I were left standing on the street after a staff member walked away from us, who had unknowingly to us, cancelled our reservation and charged the 2 nights fee to my credit card without my authorization. Thanks for the memories, Inn Tourist!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jana Y
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I saw and killed two bed bugs within my first hour of checking into my room. One was on the bed and the other was on a window curtain. I was horrified and grossed out. The hostel is not really a hostel but three private rooms for rent in a second floor walkup. No internet, phone, fridge or t.v. very bare bones just a bed and a bathroom. The room was very very tiny as well. Jak the owner refused to give a refund and also over changed me for the room. I was quoted one price on the internet and when I arrived he charged a higher amount. I lefted right away and never stayed here. Although this is a central location it is not worth the money. Stay at hostel international - Montreal instead it is a reputable chain or you can find a location downtown for around the same price or a bit more with more things to offer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank gwen19
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My friend and I stayed in the hostel inn two nights and we had a great time. The room has a bed and a bathroom and if you like travel light without any kind of luxury this is a great place to stay. The owner JAK is a very nice guy, he gave us all information about Montreal and a very useful map. The hostel has a very centric location which is very good 'cause you can walk to everywhere. It is in the second floor and it has a lot of stairs. There isn't facilities for handicapped, so keep this in mind if you can't go upstairs . But if you do, I recommend this place for staying in your visit to Montreal.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Simple accommodation designed with young travellers in mind (comfortably rooms two, additional bed available). Private bed/bath with shared balcony (2 out of 3 rooms only--book early) located in the heart of downtown Montreal, close to all amenities (seriously). Extremely helpful and friendly management. Perfect for first-time visitors to the city seeking an authentic Montreal experience!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple