“D&D = perfection”
Review of D&D's B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
D&D's B&B
Ranked #62 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2006

We went to montreal for easter weekend to get away from the city for a weekend. Overall it was quiet, but nice. this was our first time staying at a B&B, and we loved it! I've stayed in top-rated hotels all over the world and it was a nice intimate change to stay at D&D. Everything was first class- the products, the linens, the room, plus throw in charm. It was so much better than staying at a hotel, with amenities like maps, a kitchen that we could use, or grab a drink from, etc. I would recommend D&D to anyone traveling to montreal. It is located conveniently near 2 subway lines in a nice quiet mostly residential neighborhood. We have already been raving about our stay to all of our friends in NY. If we return to Montreal, there is no question we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2006
32  Thank jungirl

Reviewed 11 May 2006

It is easy to see why D&D's rates the highest in Trip Advisor. After staying two glorious nights there with friends, it was hard to leave. Dorothy and David made us feel so welcome. We came to explore some of Montreal on a quick weekend trip. Upon arriving at this B&B, I was more inclined to simply sit back and enjoy the stay right there in the B&B. Quality is tops, including hospitality, food, bed, pillows...and all so well decorated. This place is right in the heart of a beautiful, thriving city (my friends DID pull me out to explore some) and has everything and more. I am totally spoiled now. And hope to get back there for a future vacation!

• Stayed: May 2006
34  Thank choralart
Wels, Austria
Reviewed 13 April 2006

I'm a Montrealer living in Europe and come back to Montreal 8 to 10 times a year on business, usually always at the Queen E. as my company has good rates there. This time I decided to do different and spent the week-end at D&D. Loved the stay, the hosts, the incredible breakfast and the room. I even found a little gem of a restaurant I didn't know that was close by (Le Sans-Menu, recommended by Dorothy). Nothing against the Queen E., but this place has heart and makes you want to come back to the city for pure pleasure (not business!).

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
34  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2006

My life partner and I stayed at D& D’s Bed and Breakfast 2 years ago.
We were in awe by the cosy, comfortable rooms that were available and their unique decor and appointments. Our host made us feel like family but were not overbearing. They seemed to know when you needed them but also ensured your privacy. The breakfasts lasted through to late afternoon tea which we sometimes enjoyed on their back deck. The proximity of the metro meant we had no need for a car and got to enjoy much of Montreal with the hassle of parking a vehicle where ever we went. Paul & I would highly recommend this superb “home away from home” to any one . Enjoy you’ll want to go back –we are.

Wayne & Paul Kamloops B.C.

• Stayed: July 2004
35  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2006

D&D's B&B was our first B&B experience, what an unforgetable trip! We were not there for long, but we will be back. Dorthy and David are very knowledgable about the city and it's history. We didn't know what to do or what to see when we planned our trip. Dorthy and David didn't hesitate to suggest things to do & what to see. The breakfasts were increadible, I can't even describe how wonderful they were and I can't remember the last time I ate so well! I'll tell you this much, when we return to Montreal we will never consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2006
33  Thank Tara L
Reviewed 27 March 2006

We were looking for a B&B that was GLBT friendly and D&D did not post it anywhere- so Joanna called to inquire. 'Sure, why wouldn't we be?' I think was the remark.
On a very cold and harsh weekend in Feb. we chose to travel to Montreal to stay here. After staying at a horrendous motel on the side of the highway the night before, we walked into an incredible experience of feeling completely welcomed. Before unpacking, Dorothy offered to make us hot chocolate and fresh coffee. David was sanding the ice so we could get out of the car. We sat and chatted comfortably like old friends about what we were expecting of our weekend and she gave us ample thoughts and suggestions. Truth be told we may have had grand plans but between the bitter weather and a slip on the ice (that threw Joanna's back out) we spent the majority of our trip in the B&B. Which ended up being one of the best vacations we ever had.
They accommodated our extensive dietary needs with compassion, Joanna has Crohn's Disease- and a very limited palate- I have an expansive and adventurous palate. Dorothy was able to satisfy and delight both of us. Her strawberry jam was great and she shared her recipe with me. Her French Toast was so good;} I was completely satsfied not having a fancy dinner at an expensive restaurant because the food and ambience could not beat what we had at D&D. Plus we were able to use the kitchen to make snacks and keep fresh food we had gotten at the Atwater Market.
The place was incredible, filled with helpful and comfy amenities (local menus/reviews/delivery places, slippers, bath robes, little trays of candies, goat's milk hand soap and a variety of herbal bath salts). Our soak in the clawfoot tub with overhead skylight was incredible!
We left there feeling that we had made new friends. She told us wonderful stories over breakfast and was a great conversationalist without ever being intrusive.
We look forward to returning when it is warmer and we can walk to all the places nearby that Dorothy told us about.
*And we look forward to staying at D&D's and seeing our friend Dorothy again.*

Sam and Joanna

• Stayed: February 2006
25  Thank Sagelsez
Thornhill, ON
Reviewed 17 March 2006

From the moment we walked through the door David and Dorothy made us feel like we had come home. Their place was so clean,warm and welcoming that I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. Everything from our elegant "Napolean Room", to Dorothy's incredible and creative delicious breakfasts were done to perfection. Dorothy has a special gift for providing an atmosphere that makes you feel pampered beyond measure, from the relaxing pillow sprays, to the organic sea salt body scrubs. i would rate this B&B the best we have been to. Thank you for the experience. Linda and Dale Bolton

Stayed: March 2006