“Wonderful”

Burger Bar Crescent
Reserve with OpenTable
Burger Bar Crescent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 5,723 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: Renowned as "The Best Burger in Montreal" and frequent "1st Place Winner" at several burger competitions; Burger Bar Crescent, popular with local & tourist guests and frequent choice of visiting celebrates, athletes and personalities who enjoy "Chef designed" burgers such as our award winning Hangover Burger made with AAA beef patty, caramelized onions, melted American cheese, mini-poutine, fried egg, truffle oil served on a toasted brioche bun. Also try The Dude made with a pork, AAA beef and veil patty, melted mozzarella, and homemade sweet ketchup topped generously with fried onions and served on a toasted brioche bun. Shroom-Burger made with AAA beef patty, caramelized onions, generous blend of different wild mushrooms sauteed, demi glace sauce served on a toasted brioche bun. Also great capon chicken wings, pulled pork sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, salmon sandwich, vegetarian burgers, hand cut French fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, fried chicken sandwich and salads
Milan, Italy
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We were with our 3 children, one of which is 1 year and half, the staff allocated for us 3 small tables even though we could have fitted into two.
I got the classic poutin, which where more than good, but a bit too much for me. My husband got a wonderful hamburger as well as my daughters. All were very good ( I have tried all)

• Czech first
  • Greek first
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious Burgers as promised!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family and I recently relocated to Montreal, and quite honestly, we stumbled across Burger Bar with no expectations except that the menu looked good and the atmosphere seemed right (we had our 4 yr old with us.)

The trendy atmosphere and super friendly staff were great but it needs to come down to the food, right? I went with a mushroom and swiss and I forget my husband's choice but I know he chose something usual for him...there were so many great sounding tasty options, it was hard for me to make a choice...neither of us were disappointed. Both burgers were cooked medium rare as we requested, juicy and flavorful. The seasoning in the meat was delicious, and the burgers were large. Oh, and the bun was fantastic - tasted very fresh. We will definitely be back the next time we get a burger craving!

• Visited June 2014
Montreal
“One of the best burgers I've ever had”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have to start this review by saying that I love burgers, and have made it a point to try to eat one on a regular basis, even if I'm traveling (in DC? Try Burger Tap and Shake!) so I like to think that I'm a bit of a connoisseur. Having heard a lot of great things about Burger Bar, my friend and I decided to try it one day after work as she also wanted to take advantage of the happy hour specials.

All I can say is yummmmm. After much deliberation I chose the Rock'n'Roll, which was a burger topped with mac and cheese, tomato confit and caramelized onions. It was really messy and not the easiest thing in the world to eat, but oh my goodness was it tasty! The mac and cheese was creamy and had a bit of a kick to it - which I loved - and the burger was juicy and cooked to perfection. I chose the cole slaw as a side and it was good, but nothing spectacular; it was a bit oily for my taste. My friend had a poutine and she enjoyed it, though she didn't think it was anything to rave about.

The service was friendly, if not the fastest, and the prices are decent for what you get. I don't think that $17 is a great deal but it's not too over the top either, considering that these aren't your ordinary fast-food burgers. The outdoor seating area is quite small, and the tables are really jammed in, but on a sunny summer evening it's a great place to kick back and relax...as long as you don't mind being elbow to elbow with the table next to you.

Overall, I was really happy that we ate at Burger Bar and I know I'll go back - there are so many other burgers that I want to try!

• Visited July 2014
St. John's
“Award Winning Poutine Stacked Burgers”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Everything I've tried on their menu is amazing. Their patties are delicious, buns are soft as hell, great sauces - every ingredient is spectacular! If you love wings you HAVE to try their Jack Daniels BBQ wings (I hate Jack D's to drink, but their wings are to die for). Even the Caesar salad is great. If a restaurant has a good caesar salad, you know the rest will be great ;)

“Burger Heaven”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If you have been reading my reviews, you will start to see a theme in my meal choices....MEAT. I am an unabashed carnivore, i appreciate veggies and sustainable food culture, but if i have the choice to have a stacked to the ceiling meatapolooza menu item or a salad, well the mountain of meat will win out every time. Which brings me to The Burger Bar. Montreal boasts some amazing restaurants but for me, in my pre travel restaurant research, Burger Bar looked like a place i would enjoy. Now you have to be prepared to pay top dollar for a burger, but it is well worth it.
My dining companions and I ordered the SuperSonic, Firestorm and the Hangover with various sides of fried goodness. The wait staff were very helpful in our selections and laughed good heartily at our many failed attempts at french. It did take a little while from order to service but the place was packed and at no time did our water glasses or beer glasses hit the bottom before we had replacements.
The burgers were huge. My Hangover burger was almost as tall as my forearm. After giving it a little pat and a soft spoken prayer to have this end up all over me, i went in for my first bite and ended up in burger heaven. I dont even know where to start but poutine, egg and caramelized onion on a burger is like a holy trinity for a fat guy, not even mentioning the cheese and bacon. The quiet smiles and head nodding around the table gave me the similar feelings that extreme burger love was taking place. My friend that had the firestorm was very impressed that the heat and flavor was very balanced. Too many times when places have a 'hot' item they over do it with a half ton of hot sauce drowning out the other flavors. The SuperSonic was more of a classic style burger in terms of toppings but my companion remarked repeatedly that it met expectations in terms of flavors and taste. It is always great when a place that you look into lives up to your expectation, and Burger did that for us!!

• Visited June 2014