“La Petite Prune - place to stay!”

B&B La Petite Prune
Ranked #13 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Vernon, Connecticut
“La Petite Prune - place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at La Petite Prune in Montreal for four days. The host was very friendly, accommodating and her breakfast was excellent. The location is great as it is so close to the main streets, metro (Sherbrook) and only 15 - 20 minutes from the Old Montreal. It was also helpful to chat to our neighbors during the breakfast as we could exchange tips and what to see and do in Montreal. We felt like at home.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here.

It's nice to see my guests enjoy meeting other travellers and make friends at my place.
It is also the best part of this job for me to be able to meet and talk with people from all over the world at the B&B. :)

I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune if you return to Montreal!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Located on the charming, residential Ave. Laval, staying at La Petite Prune gives you the feeling of being an honorary Montrealer! While there is a Metro nearby, you can really walk most places in the city from there..."The Main" is just a few blocks away, and the restaurants/bars of St Denis a short stroll. The stop for the airport bus is also relatively close by. Akiko is a considerate hostess & we particularly enjoyed her homemade jams & walnut bread & banana muffins; she even prepared a packed breakfast for us when we had to leave early to catch our flight. While the bathroom on our floor was shared, it was clean & there was never much of a wait for showers etc in the morning. Over our three night stay, we stayed in two rooms: Mori & Taiyo, due to a slight mix up (this was not a problem, as Akiko moved our luggage etc.) We had actually booked Mori- a smaller room- & I think that this would be perfect for a weekender without much luggage etc. We did have a lot of bags with us, so found it a little tight for that reason, so if you don't travel light, I would recommend Tayio. I also had a glimpse of Sora, and this also looked nice & airy. There was a bit of street noise at night, but it was Grand Prix weekend, & otherwise it was a nice & calm neighbourhood. If I was returning to Montreal, I would not hesitate to stay at La Petite Prune as it offers great value in a super location.

• Stayed June 2013
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.

It was very nice meeting you. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for sharing your experience here. It will surely be helpful for others!

I hope you are enjoying the rest of your trip in Canada. I would be happy to have you any time again at La Petite Prune. :)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

The Victorian style home is lovely, and in a quaint and quiet area! Akiko is friendly, helpful, and makes a wonderful breakfast! Our room was simple, but beautiful! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I really enjoyed our conversations at the breakfast table. Thank you for sharing your interesting stories.

I am glad to see that you liked your stay at La Petite Prune. I am looking forward to having you here again. :)
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

We were lucky to get a room at relatively short notice for an overnight stop enroute to Quebec city. The family room for 4 was more than large enough for us- the bathroom and room was extremely clean and tastefully done up. Our hostess was very accommodating ( we reached late at night instead of evening as planned due to flight delay) and helpful- in fact she actually gave us a printout re: parking charges/ do's and dont's! Breakfast was homely and wholesome- she actually makes the jams herself! Location of course was excellent- the room was quiet and we left the b&b refreshed after a good night's sleep:) would definitely recommend it to anyone and stay again if I am in the city again!

Room Tip: Didn't look for fitness/ pool as an option so it didn't matter! Our room was great(downstair...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Leena D
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!

It was nice meeting you and your family. It was just a one night stay but I really enjoyed talking with you in the morning. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip after you left here too. I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune if you return to Montreal. :)
Neuchatel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed at La petite Prune mid-May for a week and I can only give it the highest praise. Firstly, Locatoin, Locatoin, Locatoin ! It's so clost to the center that it only takes 20 minutes to walk over to McGill. Restaurants and bars for evening meals are close bye and yet there is no street noise. The B&B is well kept, clean and comfortable (although those used to watching TV at night will be dissapointed). Akiko is an excellent hostess - discreet yet chatty when questioned and cooks a variety of filling breakfasts. Lastly, the metro isn't far and there are plenty of bixi bikes stations if you feel like cycling. I was won over by La Petit Prune, see how you find find it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AlpenTopher
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!

It was nice meeting you. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay.
I enjoyed talking with you every morning too. :)

The location of the B&B is great. There are many restaurants, bars, boutiques, etc. and many events (ex. Jazz Festival and Just for Laughs Festival) take place in this area too.

Thank you again. I would be happy to have you again any time if you return to Montreal.
houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at the Petite Prune in Montreal last week. Our room was quite large with two full beds and a futon, the location was wonderful, and it was quiet. The B&B was walking distance to everything that we were interested in- around the corner to great restaurants in the Plateau, 20 minutes to the old city, 20 minutes to museums, and we even found free street parking right in front.

Akiko, the owner, could not have been any kinder and the breakfast was good. It is difficult for me to rate this B&B because I typically stay in hotels. It does not have some of the attributes that many people might find important, but it did not bother me to have a small hallway bathroom (no other guest rooms on our floor so it was fairly private) nor was the lack of a large TV an issue. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a comfortable stay in a great location in Montreal! I would give it a 4.5 if I could.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

As you mentioned, it is a B&B and not a hotel. Some hotel services might not be available here, but I try to provide other things to my guests that they could not have in a hotel (like friendliness and coziness).

I would be happy to have you at La Petite Prune again if you return to Montreal. :)
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Just stayed at La Petite Prune last week. Excellent location! Very close to the metro (Montreal Metro is convenient & effecient). The Plateau Mont Royal neighborhood is great for walking, exploring, eating. The B&B is also close to a picturesque park: St. Louis Square. Great to just sit and watch the world go by. Mamie Clafoutis bakery is just beyond the park on Rue St Denis: the pastries / bread are phenomenal. For the tourist: Schwartz's, La Banquise, bagel from St. Viateur, Au Pied de Cochon: all walking distance.

Akiko is a gracious host; she makes a scrumptious breakfast. Definitely try the homemade jams; I've never had kiwi marmalade until our stay there. My sunny side up egg was cooked to perfection. It was very quiet even with other guests; we had a shared bathroom but it was not inconvenient at all. I actually had one of the best night's sleep at the b&b during that trip.

We stayed in the yellow room. Very roomy. Good noise control from the outside and even from the bathroom next door.

Will definitely stay here again! Thank you, Akiko!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Yes, the location of the B&B is just great. :)
It's located between St-Laurent Boulevard and St-Denis street, 2 very lively streets.
There are many restaurants, cafes, bars, and boutiques on these streets.
Even though it is so close to these streets, around the B&B is a residential area, and it is usually very quiet.

I'm happy that you liked my breakfast too! I hope you will have an opportunity to come back to Montreal, and I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune.