“Good Sushi for an 'all you can eat menu'”
Review of Sushi Plus

Sushi Plus
Ranked #700 of 5,948 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://www.thisiswhywerefat.ca/home/2011/4/18/sushi-plus.html
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The restaurant is located in a commercial plot with easy access and free parking. Sushi-plus is a medium size restaurant and quite popular amongst Montrealer's so expect a waiting line, especially on week end nights.

The food is good, better than most of the all you eat restaurant. The service is kind of slow and not all the staff can speak english or french (Hence the 4 stars..).

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I found this place on trip advisor and even though we were at the eatons centre it was easy to take the metro and walk 1km to this sushi restaurant. They had lots to choose from and the service was excellent.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I went to this place with high expectations for an all you can eat Sushi restaurant after reading the reviews. When we first walked in, the waiter snapped his fingers at us from across the room and told us where to sit. Not a very good start. I don't snap my fingers at you, please don't snap your fingers at me. Had it not been for my husband I would have walked out. But after being seated, I realized the waiter wasn't being rude, he was just an easy going humorous kind of person. He explained the menu and how it worked in detail. SLOW, very very slow to come take our order and we were only 3 couples in the restaurant, almost walked out for the second time that night and I'm usually pretty patient. But once they finally did take our order, the food came pretty quick, basically all at once. I prefer to have it brought to me a few plates at a time, but after having waited so long, I wasn't about to complain.

The quality is good, the sashimi was fresh (compared to most all you can eat, it was excellent), the hand rolls very good. I can't complain about the food at all. For an all you can eat restaurant, I would recommend it.

1  Thank Sabrina S
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I was recommended by friends to try out this restaurant and I was definitely not disappointed.

The food was great, and compared to the normal price of all you can eat sushi their value was pretty good. They even give you discounts if you have a student card.

The only thing about the restaurant is that not all the staff is polite. There's one waiter who's always smiling and is very polite but he tends to forget your orders or requests. Other ones pretty much walk around clearing your table or giving you water but they don't really interact with customers that much--something that some customers expect, like a simple "hello, how are you?"

But overall I recommend this sushi restaurant. I've gone back twice in recent months already because the sushi was simply irresistible.

1  Thank Shmnh
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Having lived in Ottawa, and Toronto, it has become very difficult for me to be impressed by all-you-can-eat sushi restaurants. The best is probably still Yang Yang's kitchen in Markham, and Sushi 168 in Ottawa.
Sushi Plus is another pretty good restaurant. The selection of foods is quite large, and they have some items not commonly found in AYCE sushi places (steamed dumplings, for example).
The seating area can get very busy, and sometimes the wait lines are long due to the medium size of the resto. The service is really good though, and the staff accommodate requests when possible. Normally, at AYCE places, there's an AS-IS implicit policy; staff and kitchens frown at special requests (no mayo, no avocado, etc.), but Sushi Plus were quite accommodating and I suspect that that's where some of their repeat business comes from. In fact, our waiter said that 2 other patrons were also requesting no mayo rolls alongside myself.

Drinks were bottomless, which is another big win, and are served in cans. That's definitely a big plus for me, as I consume large amounts of food, and always need a drink to wash it down.

The sashimi was fresh, and the rolls were pretty good; if not stellar. All in all, no complaints. I'd certainly come back in a bind, or if I want to go to a place where I know what I'm getting.

Give it a shot, you probably won't regret it.