“Good for a one night stay”
Review of Le Roberval

Le Roberval
Ranked #81 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I only stayed there one night. We arrived in the afternoon and had a room write away. We had a kitchenette room with a microwave. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast was basic-croissants, bagels, toast, cereals, coffee and tea. The hotel is located right by St. Denis where they close the streets off to traffic on some days. There are a lot of bars and restaurants there. Hotel was good for the one night we needed it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ANTravelers

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Good points: the location (near the UQAM metro station), the size of the room (including microwave, fridge, TV), breakfast

Bad points: the noise (of the fridge in the room, of the neighbors' showers, of the street) made the nights short!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My sister and I stayed here for one night and it was exceptional. The hotel was super clean as soon as you walked in. The room was in great condition. The front desk staff on every shift were super friendly and helpful. They let us park our car in the garage way before check in and keep it there after we checked out for a small fee of $7.50(on top of the $15 for the over night parking which I thought was fair). The garage parking is a bit tight but if you have a small vehicle it's no problem. I would not recommend new drivers to attempt this.

The breakfast is like any other free continential breakfast but the coffee was fantastic.

There was definitely some sketchy people in the neighborhood but overall it wasn't too bad. It was close enough to Old Montreal that you could walk there in about 10-15 minutes and it was also very close to Sainte-Catherine St.

We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Calista H
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I spent a weekend here in July. Montreal weather can be extremely hot and humid, and my hotel room's air conditioning made my stay incredibly comfortable. The hotel is very close to the UQAM metro station which takes you almost anywhere you'd like to go in Montreal, and downtown shopping, the Village, and Old Montreal are all easily in walking distance. As a single traveller I found my room bigger than I would ever need-- a large space, kitchenette, and big bathroom where nice features-- and extremely clean. Having breakfast included downstairs was great, and I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Montreal.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jolenetara
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed for 5 nights with my husband and my elder son. The room was ready (since I called from the airport to inform of our early arrival). Check in was fast and the front desk lady was friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean, room was clean and we slept comfortably at nights and did not experience any next door noises. The kitchenette was well stocked and of great help. There's a nearby grocery,pharmacy and dollar store for a few things we needed. Continental breakfast for the 3 of us was good enough although it was the same stuff daily. And oh, location is great, Metro station was only a few minutes walk. Wifi was free and fast. Over-all we had a nice experience, very good value for the price and I really told the front desk lady when we checked out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bel618
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at Le Roberval over a weekend with a friend to celebrate his birthday. Everything was as expected - room was clean and beds were comfortable. Very decent sized room with a work desk and a mini fridge. A 15 minute walk to China Town, and 15 min walk to St. Catherine.

We skipped out on the breakfast option. Reception was courteous. Check in was efficient. Upon check-out they quickly checked the room before we could leave. I found this kind of strange, as most hotels I've stayed in have your card details and any incidentals are charged directly on the card. Our room was fine and all was well in the end so only a minor note. They called us a taxi to get to the bus station which was ready for us when check out process was completed.

Great service, great location. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rileyhalden
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed one night and overall our experience with this hotel was highly disappointing,

(BED) the largest bed they have in the entire "hotel" is Double bed, and for 10$ more they'll try to sell you a suite which they say has a bigger bed, but is simply a double bed in a larger room, and for 2 adults that size bed can be very small..
(AC) The air conditioner in the room didn't work, and when we called the front desk to ask how to start or fix it, they said during this time of year they weren't up and running, so it's the hotel that decides for you if you need it on or not, even though we (the guests) we're hot in our room.
(NOISE) The walls are paper thin, you hear everything! There was all kinds of noises happening throughout the night, banging, rattling, leaking pipes; my bfs a deep sleeper & even he was awaken 3 times throughout the night
(BREAKFAST) They say breakfast is included, that's a joke, it's more like pastries are included. No eggs, no meats. Its all store bought pastries and toast.
(PARKING) They have no parking, so unless its the weekend, be prepared to spend 12$ a day on outdoor parking

If you're traveling alone for a long period of time, the room has everything you need (bed, fridge, table, TV, stove, etc) . Even though the neighborhood looks very run down, at least you're close to the old port and downtown.

All in all I would not recommend and never return to this hotel especially for a romantic getaway, if you're travelling alone for work or something it's not so bad.
It's way too OVERPRICED for what's provided
this is more of a hostel than a "hotel".

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple