Le Roberval
Hotel Viger(Montreal)
  • Pool
Hotel Chrome(Montreal)
View Hotel
All reviewscanned fruitroom was cleanberri uqam metro stationlatin quartercroissantsold montrealsister hotelsmall apartmentfull kitchenpeanut butterfree wifiliving roomairport buswalking distanceindoor parkingmetro stopst catherine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here for four days during a conference and was very pleasantly surprised to be booked with a kitchenette. Quite lovely. The staff are tremendously helpful and polite, even offered me maps to get me to my locations and help with public transit services. The kitchenette is equipped with fridge (and ice trays!) stove, toaster, coffee maker, cutlery, pots, pans, glasses, mugs and wine glasses. This is a green hotel, so there's even a recycle bin in the room. The hotel is located within walking distance of Rue St. Catherine, the Latin Quarter and several historic attractions, including cathedrals, UQAM and Old Montreal and Chinatown. I found the breakfast to be fresh, hot and plentiful. The coffee could be stronger and I would enjoy a few more choices of tea and some fresher fruit, but overall the service is fine and attentive. The wifi is free but a little slow for business travelers, esp on weekends. I found everything clean and pleasant and would highly recommend anyone to stay here. I plan to return to this location for next year's conference.

Room Tip: Choose a room with numbers between 01 – 08 for less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dog_Rescue_Chick
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for one night on our way to Quebec City. Wanted to stay near the port as we were going white water jetting. This you must do. It's fantastic. Another review, hotel easy to find I. The day. Please note that their parking is in another hotel about anblock away and down a flight. In saying that be ready to either lug your luggage or have someone stay with you luggage in front. The check in was easy. Had a queen suite. Which was nice had full kitchen. It was clean. Bathroom was nice. Unfortunately we were in room 106. It was on first floor and very dark. Windows faced another building, sure there are nicer rooms. Again only for one night, breakfast was included Very nice with yogurt, fruit salad all types of bread. No complaints here. Port Montreal is trying to get to the old quebec look. Not there yet. Walk to Latin quarter. Great restaurants. There was a festival going on. Lots of walking. I did not feel totally safe walking around at night. There appears to be a lot of homeless men. Overall I liked hotel but would try to stay near downtown next time. To try different neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mishy119
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed for one night and we really enjoyed our stay; the hotel and room were extremely clean, the personnel very helpful and polite. We haven't used the kitchen but it is an added bonus; we also appreciated the fridge and freezer, a much better feature than the minibar fridge that other hotels have. The breakfast served was of a good quality.
We plan to return on our next visit.

Room Tip: Court-view rooms are extremely quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dorina P
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Excellent accomodations and food. We were given a kitchenette suite equipped with fridge, stove , toaster. A table for 2 with cutlery, pots pans and glasses.The T.V. worked very well and we enjoyed watching the highlights of the World Cup and Canada Day festivities. Very well situated within walking distance to Place Des Arts, where we enjoyed the TD/Bell festival.Also within driving distance to Montreal old Port-Vieux Port and Notre Dame de Montreal. Only negative: parking.... this is because it is smacked right in downtown so they have to share parking with another hotel and we have to go to the back to another street. Staff , super super friendly and helpful. Special recognition to Nadya from the reception desk.We will definitely recommend this hotel and be back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank F and F A
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had two reservations.. one for my family and one for a friend's family. The woman at the front desk was unbelievably helpful and kind. She got our rooms immediately, even though it was before check-in time. She helped us with our parking and finding things to do. She gave us maps and showed us the best places to go in the short time we were there. I only wish I could remember her name so I could say it here.

The room was clean and well kept. It had a small kitchenette, which we didn't use because we were only there one night. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom serviceable. It's a bit outdated, but that doesn't bother me. The price was reasonable for the area.

The hotel is located very centrally, with a block walk to the metro. We walked to old town in less than 15 minutes. That's essential cause driving in Montreal is a nightmare!

I would definitely stay here again if I have the chance to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family