“A piece of Thailand in Canada”

Pamika Brasserie Thai
Ranked #20 of 5,711 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Une nouvelle equipe de jeunes restaurateurs lance un concept a Montreal: ils sont fanatiques de la culture asiatique et trouvent que la ville necessite un etablissement offrant une cuisine Thai authentique. Pamika, chef Thailandais, a quitte Bangkok pour venir s'installer a Montreal et voir aboutir le projet. Nectar Bar Design & Mixologie a realise une gamme de cocktails d'inspiration thailandaise employant des produits frais authentiques. Nous vous invitons a venir decouvrir les saveurs de ce merveilleux pays dans une atmosphere chaleureuse et decontractee.
“A piece of Thailand in Canada”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were staying in the hotel next door and this restaurant does breakfast for the guests. The food at breakfast is beautifully cooked and presented. The restaurant is small and when full you may have to wait a while, but it is well worth the wait!!

The evening food is Thai based and is the best I've tasted outside Thailand. The portions are generous and spiced according to taste.

Being vegetarian is no problem, they make each dish individually. The menu is not vast but what they cook is divine. Do try it when you visit Montreal.

1 Thank Daveconnect

• Korean first
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Best Thai outside Thailand”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Authentic Thai food cooked by Thai chef. Small, cosy, friendly restaurant with great service, lovely terrace and warm ambiance. Caters well for vegetarians as well. Can recommend the pad Thai. The breakfasts are also wonderful, delicious eggs benedict and fresh fruit. The restaurant is attached to the hotel Paris for breakfasts but open to all and very conveniently situated near Sherborne metro station and the Latin quarter.

“Nontawich silamai”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This is a Thai resturant that make me miss my Thailand . Food is very nice it real Thai food and the employees is very nice too .

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This restaurant make me feel like home!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I'm Thai and I have been traveling in Canada for almost 3 months. I miss Thai food so much and I found this place. It's small but cozy atmosphere. They play Thai song and decorate in Thai style. I feel just like home. The owner and employees are super nice! I would highly recommend this place for everyone who loves Thai food or want to experience Thai food with out traveling half way around the world to Thailand.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tontong A
Montreal, Canada
“Underwhelmed!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wife and I came in around 6:15 on a Friday evening for a quick bite. All of the resto's inside and outdoor tables were reserved, but only three tables were occupied when we got there. We were told that it was not possible for a table or to even sit at the bar and eat quickly. We were about to leave when my wife asked if we could get our food to go, which the waiter said we could. Thus, we ordered Papaya Pok Pok Pok Sum Tum – ส้มตำ for 11$ and Pad thaï façon Pamika / ผัดไทย for 13.50$. While we were waiting for our food to be cooked, I couldn't help but think how easily we could sit at a table and finish our dishes before most of the diners who had reserved could arrive. So, I asked the waiter once again if we could have a table and he agreed. Didn't like the fact that I had to more or less beg and tell him that we could eat at a table without interfering with his reservations, Anyway, the food is fresh and authentic but both dishes missed the mark for my wife and me, The papaya salad was good but the ginger, salt and fish sauce flavours were too much. More subtlety was needed with the flavours. The pad thai was hot and fresh and plentiful. However, the taste, unlike the salad, was underwhelming. My wife could taste only soya, and it was missing the popping flavours of many pad thais we've had elsewhere. Moreover, the meat was so unremarkable that I couldn't tell exactly what it was. However, my wife assured me it was chicken. Anyway, an average pad thai at best. Final comment was that despite the resto being near empty while we ate, neither of the two servers came by the table once to see how things were or if we needed anything, The place is cute and the staff is friendly enough that we may give it one more chance and return to try their cashew chicken dish or chicken salad, both of which have received glowing reviews.

1 Thank hungryman111