“Loved the Sandwiches and Baked Goods”
Review of Mamie Clafoutis

Mamie Clafoutis
Ranked #6 of 110 Dessert in Montreal
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Toronto, Canada
“Loved the Sandwiches and Baked Goods”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I usually pick up pastries and bread in Montreal at either Au Pain Dore or Premiere Moisson but my mother and I went to Mamie Clafoutis for lunch one afternoon in Nun's Island. My sandwich was excellent, as was my brownie. We took baked goods home as well and I haven't stopped raving about it. Will definitely return on my next visit to Montreal.

• Visited July 2014

Sterling, Massachusetts
“YUM”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

bread, pastries, and sandwiches. Very french. I just pointed to all the things I wanted and everything was FABULOUS!

Visited July 2014
toronto
“This is our favorite neighbourhood bakery.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Everything here is absolutely delicious. We love the breads, pastries and croissants here. We go here several times a week.

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“Always thinking about this place”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Their chocolate pistachio croissant is to die for. So much better than the over-hyped NYC Buchon Bakery's croissant. Maime's Cannele is the real deal. I've tried a few in NYC bakeries and even a bakery in Paris and none comes as close to Mamie's - the texture is perfect and there's a slight licorish(?) taste to it. Their brioche is light and eggy. My friend who loves brioches and tried many said this one was the best one EVER. I'm coming back to try their coffee and so much more, including the chocolate pistachio croissant again.

Update: as promised, went back for plain croissant, pistachio and almond croissant, and drip coffee. My eyes rolled to the back of my head with each bite. I'm glad there isn't a bakery this good near where I live or i would be 400lbs. Service is super friendly too. I tried the classic ham and cheese called le Paris Mamie and they got that right,too because they use their fresh bread and that makes a difference.

I'm still trying to find an equivalent to Mamie Clafoutis in NYC.

• Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place for pastries!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

First off the croissants traveled well. I had a box of croissants that flew with me back to Vancouver and then to Saskatoon and they all survived!

The almond croissants are amazing! The oh mon dieu! croissant was good (filled with chocolate, more then the chocolatine). The plain croissant was awesome! My roommates devoured the desserts I brought home.

They have a croissant bread pudding, it was a bit dry for our liking but it was good.

The caneles bordeaulais were acceptable.

The Chausson de Pomme was amazing! I was lucky to even get a bite off my husbands dessert.

Visited June 2014