“not as good as before...”
Review of Sushi Palace - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Sushi Palace has a been a regular sushi ritual since it's opening for me and my grand-daughter... but this time it was not anywhere near as good as before. It was so cold outside and I ordered tea when we sat down, which they forgot, then one of the sushi roll items had a very odd looking old piece of avocado, yuck. I sent it back. Service was not-attentive. Caught the error that they mistakenly billed us for two adults when my grand-daughter is 8 years old. When I pointed out the error on bill, they asked her age and adjusted the bill like it was such a big favor to me.?! I'm not sure we will be back ... we may have to find a new sushi place in the neighborhood. :( :( The fish in the lobby are cute and will swim up and tickle your fingers... children love it.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We get to the restaurant at 6:00pm. They seat us right away with a condition that we leave at by 8:00pm. I was there with my wife and kids. We ordered the 1st round and the food came fairly fast (in 25 min.) I ordered a second round at 7:00pm, calculating I should be done by 7:45pm. At 7:30, my order did not come in yet, I asked the waiter what was happening with my order, he said that the restaurant is at full capacity and I should get my order soon. At 7:45.I still did not get my order yet. Actually, I was still hungry and my kids were being impatient, I asked the waiter if I will get my second order soon, and he mentioned that they are not preparing it yet, I asked for my bill, and got simple apology and he sounded relieved that I was not getting my second order. I guess that's how they make their money. It's all you CAN EAT, if you get your order. I am never going back to this place again.
I left the restaurant hungry, and had to take a take-out from McDonald's.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

The ste rose location does not seem to be listed, which is a shame. It is an excellent restaurant.
Upon arriving, we had to wait five minutes to be seated which is perfectly acceptable seeing that the restaurant was packed.
The staff are busily going about with platters for the patrons. A quick glance and they knew you were ready to hand in your dinner card. The sushi is beautifully prepared, the dishes from the kitchen are excellent. I will definitively be returning.
In terms of improvements. Their kitchen tends to lean towards milder flavours. They should not be shy to offer spicy variants of traditional dishes.
I encourage everyone to try out sushi palace in ste-rose. It is worth the extra mileage.

1  Thank MonsieurMedecin
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great place to eat! We bought the coupon from Tuango and now regret we didn't buy more..... clean and fast service!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I had a tuango coupon and was craving sushi, so we made a reservation and went to sushi palace last weekend. we were late for our reservation and had to wait in line. there were about 24 empty seats in the restaurant, but they were so understaffed on the floor that it took the hostess over 30 minutes to clean the table. ordering was another ordeal. we weren't sure who to give our order to. but once our order was taken, the food started coming out quickly. the sushi was average. I am Asian and originally from Vancouver, b.c. the waiter missed a few things we ordered. we weren't impressed. then my husband ordered sushi a second time and we waited 15 minutes only to find out that they didn't even send the order! I would only go back for the sushi and make sure that I did not have anything else planned for the evening. eating here took up our whole evening.