“Excellent Choice - fabulous staff, great facility, beautifully located”

Courtyard Montreal Downtown
Ranked #23 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Choice - fabulous staff, great facility, beautifully located”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights. This is a beautiful new hotel. The facilities and the rooms are clean and spacious, and the location perfectly situated among the various areas of Montreal.

The staff was CONSISTENTLY excellent - they were one of the most efficient, helpful and smiley groups I have encountered in North America - much better than the staff at the newly renovated Ritz in Montréal.

Specifically, Ricky at the front desk went out of his way to speak with us on the phone and set everything up before our arrival. We had thought of changing to the Ritz, however after speaking with him my husband was convinced that this was the place to stay. Mai Linh was incredibly professional, helpful and efficient with our check-in - she was great! Later on in our stay, we had to change our dates around and Nicholas at the front desk also proved to be so helpful, kind and efficient. And lastly we needed some information regarding changing money and were helped by Anna, who went far and beyond the call of duty to make calls for us on Easter Monday. Whoever hired this staff did an outstanding job!

I cannot recommend this hotel more highly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. The staff was especially helpful and accommodating. The manager on duty Cynthia, went out of the way to find us the right room. The suites in the hotel are quite spacious compared to other Courtyards. The concierge staff, Vincent and Jean Sebastian were not only helpful, but also very sincere. Every time we came back from dinner they asked about our experience that evening.

The best part of the hotel was the pool. The gym was also amazing! Up on the 11th floor, with a really nice sauna. Felt like we were in a luxury resort. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the experience with the pool.

I would go back here anytime. The tourist attractions were within walking distance. The mall and the shopping were close by with a metro station right there. Restaurants were all located within walking distance.

I was a little concerned that they did not have free breakfast, but the experience was so good it all made up for it. Highly recommended over the other hotels.

Room Tip: Try to get a room up on the higher floor or reserve the suites. Keep time reserved to spend at the h...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel while on business in December. I figured I would stay again on my last business trip. The construction has been completed and all is well. I did have one issue, I found the room I was in had a loud noise that would start and stop, start and stop which prevented me from sleeping (I was in room 926) I spoke to the front desk and they agreed to move me into room 909 (again yay). She also indicated she would have maintenance go to the original room to determine the cause. I thought the issue was resolved very well. Would stay there a third time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SweetVanillaCSmooth
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I don't throw the "Excellent" rating around without it being legitimate. I stayed here for one night over this past weekend because it was $50 less expensive than the full service Marriott down the street for a King room. This property is brand new, check in was smooth, room was quiet, brand new carpets, decent location - close to China town and old town. The downtown financial district / Bell Centre is an easy 10 - 15 minutes walk. Didn't try the pool or the restaurant downstairs, but if you want a very clean and quiet place to crash with a big room and a flat screen TV in a decent part of town, I think this property offers exceptional value.

Room Tip: Go for "back side of hotel" off the main road (Rene Levesque).
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JGR528
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My partner, best friend and I stayed here from 27 February to 2 March 2014.

We had an amazing stay with great food, lovely bar area and great friendly bi-lingual staff. It really was one of the best and friendliest hotels that we have ever stayed in and would most definitely return.

Thank you everyone at this great hotel for making us welcome and comfortable

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Old Montreal, very nice
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I recently went to Montreal last month, for the first time.
Travelling alone, I was looking for a nice and comfortable hotel with a great location.
And i found a special offer on the internet for this one.
Located right dowtown Montreal, close to the main attractions; very clean and super comfortable rooms and beds. Excellent service, very nice receptionists and very friendly waiters/waitresses and bartenders.
Plus, wifi included and modern/design furnitures.
It was a great experience!
Hope you'll enjoy your stay as much as I did.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Having stayed at other hotels in Montreal, we opted to try this new place. It is convenient to everything downtown as well as old Montreal and the convention center. Being new, everything is in great shape. Comfortable rooms, well-appointed and a helpful front desk. The daily indoor parking charge is reasonable and allows in/out privileges along with being able to park your own car. With a SUV as a vehicle, I am always concerned about garage heights as some hotel parking's are close calls. This place has an 83" clearance. The only bothersome issue is with the hotel room doors that will slam closed and can be a rude awakening during the night. The hotel management should be encouraged to place a small notice inside the room near the door asking guests to control the door closing. Right now, that drops the sleep quality to 3.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple