1,075 results
All reviews courtyard marriott great location full service marriott montreal downtown floor to ceiling windows steam room corner room walking distance pool and hot tub construction site hotel restaurant mini fridge very nice hotel room key self parking restaurant downstairs train station
Reviewed 7 January 2019

A great location close to St Catherine st shops, downtown, nice clean rooms, good rates, nice pool, walking distance to most attractions! Would stay again quiet place niceley decorated very secure with pass cards to front door and back entrance.

Room tip: Back rooms have a nice view and is quiet and is away from Renee Levesque ST.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

I stayed here back in December for a 3 day weekend with my family and had a heck of a great time. First off, Montreal is a fantastic city and as we are from the south we truly enjoyed the diverse culture and French language( which I can only say bonjour and mercy). The hotel is right in the heart of downtown and is very very lovely. It is clean and has an amazing and fun staff who always jumped to help us every time we were in the lobby. The concierge was very knowledgeable and the manager at the desk also gave us great ideas and followed up with us ( tall guy can’t remember the name). I’ll probably be coming back in the summer and will for sure stay here with the family again. Thanks y’all !

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed over 60 nights this year in Marriott hotels, and over 500 nights total. I am a Platinum Premier Member. Not once has any other hotel CALLED my room BECAUSE I had the do not disturb sign on the door to ask me if I need anything. That’s the point of putting the sign there!! So that if I need to sleep (which is what a hotel room is for), I actually can. Apparently that doesn’t apply to this hotel!!

Even worse, the management didn’t know about this policy until they contacted housekeeping. Apparently, housekeeping is doing things without management knowing about it.

And it gets even worse. I asked the General Manager to give me a call, so did another one of their employee. We left two messages. After THREE WEEKS, we’re still waiting for a call back!! If they treat their platinum members like this, imagine how they’ll treat the average traveller.

So very very disappointed!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alex L, Manager at Courtyard Montreal Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

Dear garyt484,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Marriott Montreal Downtown and for taking the time to leave your comments pertaining to your recent stay with us.

Concerning your comments regarding the phone call to your room, after 48 hours with a Do Not Disturb sign on the clients door, we perform a safety and security check on all of our clients to ensure their well being as we take our clients security and safety very seriously and have adopted this procedure as many other hotels have.

Regarding your comments concerning management, we have in fact verified our logs which show that the Manager on Duty did in fact explain this procedure to you, and that all members of the team are aware of the importance of this security procedure.

Unfortunately, we do not have any records of voicemail messages asking that the General Manager contact you however, should you still be interested, we kindly ask that you notify us of your preferred contact time as it would be our pleasure to do so.

Thank you and we truly look forward to speaking with you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel right in the centre of montreal. Close to downtown, old montreal and not far from st catherine st. Rooms are spacious and clean. Seems like the hotel is fairly new. if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel chose this one.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2018

Business trip was successful and enjoyable. Had meetings with clients in Hotel. Much accomplished with the hotel hospitality A+. Staff very friendly and helpful. health center great and Hotel restaurant good.

Room tip: Speak with hotel staff to find out city events
  • Trip type: Travelled on business