“Montreal over Memorial Day Weekend”

Auberge St. Jacques
Ranked #102 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
East coast
“Montreal over Memorial Day Weekend”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

When I saw the photo of this place it looked pretty modern. I was shocked when i drove up and saw it was a motel. But i was shocked at the room, how clean it was how comfortable the bed was. I really enjoyed the fact that the front desk lady answered all my 1000 questions in regards to getting around the city and around the block road exit. This hotel was all that I needed, Free parking was key and the bus stops right in front and takes you to a metro station.

Room Tip: roms on the back are quiet but doesnt allow you to see your car in the packing lot
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank my_life_is_travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My in-laws were visiting so we booked them at St Jacques, they loved it. When I went visiting, I got the opportunity to use the sauna facilities, that was relaxing. I only wanted to sleep after that. Because St Jacque is downtown, it was easy to visit them and enjoy other facilities like the pool

Room Tip: Try the sauna, it is so relaxing
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank carladubois25
Kate Z, Manager at Auberge St. Jacques, responded to this review, 25 November 2015
Dear carladubois25,

Thank you for sharing your review about our motel and sauna with other travellers. We are happy to know that your relatives were happy with the stay in the motel and liked its close proximity to downtown. We are glad that you enjoyed your time in our private sauna with a pool table; we hope that you will rent the sauna place again and will have even better experience with your friends.

Kindest Wishes,
Kate
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Auberge St. Jacques is an affordable, newly renovated motel located fairly close to the center of the city - 30 min by public transit. It is not a top of the line hotel and it's not in a trendy area, but considering the prices, it is an excellent value. First of all it has parking, which most Montreal hotels don't provide for free. Nearby is a residential area with some nice restaurants (Sherbrooke). Metro is ~20 min, and there's a bus stop right at the hotel. Rooms are newly renovated, spacious, clean, beds comfortable, there's TV and WiFi. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. There's no food at the hotel but in Montreal with its variety of restaurants that's not a problem. Somewhat noisy but not too bad. The only complaint is their WiFi is somewhat slow. Overall, we enjoined our stay. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pasha133
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I was a client for several months they were very friendly at first then one day my credit card had a temporary hold, I told them about the issue figuring they would understand the situation and they previously promised to give me a free nights stay since I gave them so much business, however when I asked for what they promised they said no then told me I had an hour to get out or they would call the police. To be honest I felt it was very disrespectful and race related. My advice don't go there, especially with the fact that there is 4 or 5 other motels in the area. It was the worst motel experience of my life.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leonard D
Kate Z, General Manager at Auberge St. Jacques, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We regret that you had this experience and hopefully the other time we will be more than happy to accommodate you to the fullest extent of our capabilities, in order to delight you. However, as you were a regular client, and were given a 10% discount, we wanted to share appreciation by this hoping for your satisfaction of stay with us. Our Motel is very busy this time of year, hence it was essential to provide on-time payments due to very strict rules on reservations, in order to please every client looking to book a room at Auberge St-Jacques. Late payments 90 % of the time, payments after 2-3 days after the check-out date, not accepting gentle reminders by our friendly, experienced and welcoming staff are not acceptable since we lose the opportunity to serve other regular clients. We apologies for inconvenience and hope for your understanding.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My accomodation is this motel was in one of the renovated rooms. It was super clean, well decorated making me feel like at home. I was there for a business meeting so, being 10mn drive from downtown Montreal was very convenient for us. What I also liked in this hotel was the Jacuzzi rooms and the fact that there is sauna in the same hotel building. Overall, lodging at Auberge St.Jacques was an extraordinary experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jenifer C
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The staff are amazing . the rooms are brand new and very stylish and best deal on a room in Montreal. there no gym or pool but if you just need a room its best value. Besides your in Montreal how much time are u in room

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Brian L
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Absolutely amazing place for anyone who wants to experience beautiful, stylish and comfortable hotel at very affordable prices! Modern and beautiful design, very clean, the stuff is super kind and warmly welcoming, try to please you in any way, I liked it! And for me the sauna lover was such a pleasure to discover their new sauna that was recently opened! Design-wise, quality-wise and comfort-wise the BEST sauna in Montreal! The real wood smelling makes you feel very relaxed and releasing your stress! The pool table in the sauna is a bonus when you come in the company of your friends to enjoy your time! Two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends