“Very nice budget option”

Auberge St. Jacques
Ranked #102 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
“Very nice budget option”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are what you see in the pictures - recently renovated and clean. We could hear our neighbor's TV in the early evening but we had no trouble getting to sleep at night. While it's not within walking distance of downtown if you're in MTL as a tourist, the bus stop is right in front of the hotel, and there is a metro station on the bus line just a few minutes away, giving access to the whole city. We were downtown in 20 mins or less most times.

Owners were nice, the room got cleaned while we were out. Our fridge kept yogurt cold for breakfast. Good water pressure and clean bathroom. No complaints and a great price!

There is a $20 security deposit for your key (cash, CA or US is fine they said).

Bus only takes exact change for fares. There is an ATM across the street in the bar next to Cars R Toys.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank theduckies11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Service was prompt. Stairs to the second floor had some musty odor that the air perfume they applied did not hide well. Room was adequate, clean and bed comfortable. What you see in the pictures is what you get.
There is no attraction near but you have a bus terminal in the front.
Is a long walk to the attractions. Check in the map. By car take 10 minutes to move to Notre Dame and vicinity. But for the price... Unbeatable

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeonViajante
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I rented the jacuzzi room. The pictures are great but the reality is alittle different. I cannot complain about the cleanliness.The table had better days. We easily heard the room
Above us. And when you rent a room with a jacuzzi, you can imagine what you will hear... I think it's a fair price for a clean room in that area. The jacuzzi was awesome. Clean shower. A lot of channels. Bed smelled good.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Michelle P
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I liked the fresh looking rooms as well as the service. I particularly enjoyed the Jaccuzi, felt like a king... The biggest advantage was that the lodge is close to downtown, so I had time to move around

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank marccharbonault
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2014

i never write reviews for ANYTHING but i was so impressed with my stay here, this motel deserves every star ! i recently went here with my boyfriend over MDW. i was hesitant to book because of the location but the reviews were amazing and the price was right. when we got here i was not disappointed !! the bedroom and entire hotel was spotless.completely modern and the showers water pressure was better than my own shower at home! the receptionists were very helpful.i called 2 weeks prior to my reservation and requested a microwave and a fridge. they said "they will try to do what they can" and when i got to the room there was a microwave and fridge waiting for me. the free parking was much appreciated since we drove to canada. the metro was less than a mile away so we never used the car. i dont know what the other reviewers say about super thin walls, i didnt hear anything the entire weekend. all in all, i am very happy with my experience here. the only con i have to say is that there are no screens on the window and if we opened it we were worried mosquitoes and other intruders would sneak in.
all in all, awesome hotel ! will definitely book again without hesitation ! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexis z
East coast
Reviewed 27 May 2014

When I saw the photo of this place it looked pretty modern. I was shocked when i drove up and saw it was a motel. But i was shocked at the room, how clean it was how comfortable the bed was. I really enjoyed the fact that the front desk lady answered all my 1000 questions in regards to getting around the city and around the block road exit. This hotel was all that I needed, Free parking was key and the bus stops right in front and takes you to a metro station.

Room Tip: roms on the back are quiet but doesnt allow you to see your car in the packing lot
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank my_life_is_travel
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My in-laws were visiting so we booked them at St Jacques, they loved it. When I went visiting, I got the opportunity to use the sauna facilities, that was relaxing. I only wanted to sleep after that. Because St Jacque is downtown, it was easy to visit them and enjoy other facilities like the pool

Room Tip: Try the sauna, it is so relaxing
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank carladubois25
Kate Z, Manager at Auberge St. Jacques, responded to this review, 25 November 2015
Dear carladubois25,

Thank you for sharing your review about our motel and sauna with other travellers. We are happy to know that your relatives were happy with the stay in the motel and liked its close proximity to downtown. We are glad that you enjoyed your time in our private sauna with a pool table; we hope that you will rent the sauna place again and will have even better experience with your friends.

Kindest Wishes,