“Hotel de L'Elysee - Highly Recommended”
Review of Hotel de L'Elysee

Hotel de L'Elysee
Ranked #148 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hotel de L'Elysee - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 20 September 2005

When we visited Montreal recently, we were looking for hotel with reasonable rates close to the Old City. TripAdvisor reviews of this hotel were consistently positive, and we decided to take a chance. We're very glad we did, and we would definitely stay at the Hotel de l'Elysée again.

Not only is the location great - just a stone's throw from the fabulous restaurants of rue St-Denis and a mere 15-20 minute walk from the Old City - but the staff is outstanding. Many of the TripAdvisor reviews laud Sam at the front desk, and rightly so. Sam ROCKS! The moment we showed up, he was there to let us in and help us up the stairs with our bags. He was an invaluable source of information on everything from where to eat to where we could find a free parking spot for the whole weekend. The entire staff was friendly, and pleased to speak in both English and French (they were extremely tolerant of _mon français mal_!)

I was travelling with two other people, and we had a room with one queen and one double bed. The room was small, but clean and charming with a private bath, TV, and phone, and the rate was excellent. If you're not able or willing to climb stairs, you may wish to request a room on one of the lower floors; ours was on the top (fourth), and we didn't mind the exercise. Free parking was available (including overnight, all weekend) just a few steps away on both sides of rue St-Hubert. There is also a cute restaurant practically next door that serves early breakfast - we found Montreal does not rise early on the weekend.

It rained to beat the band Saturday afternoon, but the location on St-Hubert is also a great starting point for an auto tour of the city's sights, not far from Sherbrooke if you want to see the Olympic Village, or from Mont Royal if you want to tour the swanky heights. And Ile St-Helene is just across the Jacques Cartier Bridge by car if you want to check out the Biosphere or Habitat '67.

Hotel d L'Elysée is no-frills, great value, and perfect for the traveller who is on the go. We'd highly recommend it, and book ahead! We will be next time we visit Montreal.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 20 September 2005

Excellent value! The host was most helpful....recommended excellent restaurants, shopping, called taxis,... Even tracked us down at a nearby restaurant when a mistake in our room assignment was recognized...
Would definitely stay at this hotel again...proximity to metro, St-Denis, St-Laurent, 20 minute walk to Old Montréal,....

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2005

Everything is close by. Subway, bus station, restaurants, old Montreal etc. Very very clean. Friendly staff. We had a good time.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 September 2005

My girlfriend and I spent a lovely 4 days in Montreal over the Labor Day weekend. We chose Hotel de L'Elysee due to its previous reviews on TripAdvisor.com and its wonderful location. The hotel was fantastic! The rooms were VERY clean and the staff was really helpful and friendly! The desk manager went out of his way to find restaurants and parking for us! He also gave us great suggestions as where to eat and places to visit in his city. I would highly suggest staying at Hotel de L'Elysee if you choose to visit Montreal. It is located in the heart of the Latin Quarter and only two blocks from St. Denis, one of the hippest areas of Montreal. We had a great time and will stay at Hotel de L'Elysee whenever we visit Montreal!

Syracuse
Reviewed 2 September 2005

My Husband and I recently spent 4 days at the Hotel De L Elysee in Montreal, Canada. I found it through trip advisor and it had some good reviews. The hotel is very clean, the beds are super comfortable and Sam, the manager, was terrific. If we needed anything he would practically run to our room to provide it and even checked out parking spaces for us (parking is not included, but there is a lot nearby). It has little in the way of amenities, no gym, room service, etc, but for those of us who spend most of out time out of the hotel, it's perfect. The price is extremely reasonable and the location is great - several blocks from major restaurants and within walking distance of Old Montreal. We will certainly stay there again.
nnooodles

4 Thank NNoodles
Reviewed 29 August 2005

I was not expecting much because the price was so inexpensive, but I was pleasently surprised. At arrival the host saw me struggling with my luggage and asked if he could help. I declined and he assured the help was at no cost, I guess he sensed my gun shyness. He also walked me to a parking spot on the block and helped me squeeze into a spot that would let me park for free for a few nights.

The room was small but who cares it was just me and my wife and we spent all of our time except sleeping in the town, BUT most importantly the room was very clean and the bathroom was spotless.

The hotels location is very convenient, the metro stop Berri-Uquam is right up the block.

All in all this hotel experience left me feeling very satisfied, and the whole Montreal vacation in general was amazing- Great Fun!!

• Stayed August 2005
Reviewed 29 August 2005

Everything good about this hotel has already been said. I was looking for a central place to stay... so I could explore Montreal easily. The price we got for the hotel was much less than I had anticipated it would be... so I was prepared for less than the best... but I got more than I asked for.

The room was immaculately clean. I have stayed in placed 4X as expensive without the rooms being as clean. The room we had was not very large. But why are you going to Montreal anyway, to sit in your room and watch TV? We parked our car across the street for 3 days... and walked EVERYWHERE (except the Biodome, for which the subway is a 2 minute walk from the hotel) I was not disappointed at all with this place and the hospitality of Sam and the other guy (sorry other guy... I didn’t catch your name) will make you feel at ease and at home.

Montreal on the whole seems to have a high level of homeless people. Someone mentioned that this hotel was in a seedy area... but to be honest... the areas that did not seem to be seedy to me, had no hotels in them either... just galleries. Hotel de L'Elysee felt very secure. I intend to return there, and as long as the price remains as reasonable as it is, I will not even shop around.

By the way... very close to this hotel is an Italian restaurant called "Ristorante Napoli Pizzeria." You MUST go there, buy a BOTTLE of wine and order one of their pizzas! Just thinking about how good the food was, brings a tear to my eye.

ENJOY!