“Most Delicious sushi restaurant ever!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Ajax, Canada
“Most Delicious sushi restaurant ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Most delicious sushi restaurant ever!!!
Love, Love, Loved this place. Visiting Montreal and on recommendation went here for lunch, a tiny chef driven sushi bar on Duluth, short walk east of St Denis, close the University. Chose the tasters menu with a 3 course menu starting off with salmon and tuna sashimi, followed by a Christmas role consisting of a salmon, tuna tartar with tempura bits arranged on a rice cracker and lastly an artistically arranged melt in your mouth platter of maki rolls named after musicians.
Truly amazing, will not disappoint!

• Visited July 2014

Arlington, Massachusetts
“What a great thing they have going”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This has got to be one of the friendliest chef-driven sushi bars in the world! The people were so nice when we tried to have dinner on a busy night without a reservation, they genuinely seemed to feel bad they were unable to accommodate us. Luckily we were able to make a reservation for the following evening and we had a wonderful meal. We have 3 eager sushi eaters and one reluctant one (12yo daughter) but everyone was happy and full by the end of the tasting menu we all shared. My wife and I particularly appreciated the friendly, attentive and personal service from the chef's wife (I think) but everyone on the team served us at one point or another. They have no liquor license (not even BYOB) at the moment but the lovely green tea we had with our meal left us not missing our normal wine with dinner.

We will absolutely return next time we are in Montreal and will spread the word to our friends - not that they need much more business, I think the word is getting around with the locals!

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful, creative, and friendly sushi place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

i keep going back to this place.
the people working there are so nice and friendly and the quality of their inspirational sushi is so good, it's really a great experience. very chill, relaxed atmosphere.
good value for the price. the tasting menu is great.

• Visited April 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Great sushi and service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just moved from Vancouver where I used to eat sushi at least twice a week... for the last 10 years. So, it was imperative that decent sushi be found, soon. I stumbled upon Saint Sushi Bar.
Nice little spot on Duluth, a short walk east of St-Denis.

I was greeted as soon I as walked in. The crew was young, energetic and everyone had a big smile on their face. The place was clean and simply decorated. I was given a menu which was smaller than I expected. Saint sushi did not have all of the staples we usually found in a sushi restaurant. Typical California roll, Futomaki and the likes were missing. They did have a more modern take on the sushi thing. You could choose between "Le James Brown maki" of "Le Madonna maki" which was cool.

I chose a dinner combo. It came with a salad, multiple pieces of maki and so on. The salad was fresh, tasty and delicate. The dressing was just right. The rolls I got were "slightly" more complex than a yam tempura roll (which is good). The presentation was great and so was the service. I had some room after the combo so I ordered a single roll which capped of my dinner.

I do have to get used to Montreal prices. Most of the food I had here thus far is cheaper than Vancouver for comparable dishes, except sushi. My bill was about $25 which was probably $7-$10 more expensive than what I was used to pay. Since then, I walked around and looked at sushi prices. In General, Montreal prices for sushi are more expensive. So there. The quality (fresh and tasty) of the food at Saint`s was better than other sushi in the area.

I will go back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank andre50781
Sicamous, Canada
“Small and funky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

But big on nouvelle sushi flavour. Mmm lobster sushi. Shut the front door. No booze but great service and great sushi.