“Average hotel”

Ranked #21 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
austin
“Average hotel”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed here couple years a go I am not going to say is good or bad but I will say it is not my style as SPG member. The W hotels are not for anybody specially not families, so many people complain about the prices they charge for drinks and food all Big name Hotels charge the same. Montreal has so many good places to eat with reasonable prices I travel a lot I never eat at any hotel I know some people have no choice and people also complain about how expensive the drinks are, my self I don't and I never put alcohol in my mouth they will never get any Pennie from me for that if you are in to cocktails and martinis ect.. Than don't complain those waiters they see you as a target and the like to get as much as they can from you but I am not blaming them that's there job like everyone else. For me that life style of bars and alcohol is a joke. For the W Montreal I will not pay more than $150 a night If you pay more than that than you need to stay somewhere else is better because this Hotel it's not worth it the hotel has night club full of young people if you are in to that that's your place I will never stay here again one time only for me and my wife.

Room Tip: If you stay here I hope you like it but if you do stay you definitely Need the top floor as high as...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. W Montreal is located near restaurants and bars in one of the trendiests areas in Montreal - everything is walking distance.
We also have on site bars and a restaurant that have a great reputation in the city - we have different options for our guests and make sure to satisfy all types of requests.

Thank you for your comments.

Your W Montreal Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Ideal location between most business locations and the Old Montreal where you'll find numerous restaurants in walking distance. The W offers wonderful service, a lively atmosphere and amazing rooms. Staff at concierge and reception are the friendliest I have seen in a long while.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Our first stay at the W Montreal did not disappoint!

Perfectly located between Old Montreal and the central part of the city, the hotel is a short walk from everything you'd want to see while visiting Montreal. Although we know the city very well, the concierge gave us wonderful recommendations and worked with us remotely and while on property to find venues and eating establishments that met and exceeded our expectations.

Staff we're top notch and professional in every way, welcoming us in both languages with grace and highly personalized service. We were particularly impressed by Olga (a 'whatever whenever' staff member), who went out of her way to ensure we were pleased with our room.

Rooms are large and beautifully appointed. Extremely clean, modern and full of all the little perks we love so much at the W - especially the large soaking bathtub and Bliss Body care products.

The gym and spa are small but very well laid out and modern. We used both and also enjoyed Otto, the in house restaurant for a decadent Montreal breakfast.

We would not hesitate to return to this hotel and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the park! The others face an inner courtyard or wall.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it's always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.
Hope to welcome you back soon!

Your W Montreal manager
Irvine, California
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff were true professionals. They were professionals and attentive to every detail. Previous reviews had indicated that this was a noisy hotel. Fortunately, I did not encounter that. The rooms were soundproofed and very quiet. The rooms were also very nice and comfortable. They were tastefully decorated. I hope to return to this hotel on a future date.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My partner and I booked the W in order to be close to our Christmas party and to spend some quality time together in the Old Montreal. We actually live in Montreal and have been to other W hotels in different countries.
Our check-in experience was smooth and uneventful. Nicely decorated hotel lobby with modern touch just like the other W hotels. Our mega room was spacious and once again very well styled. The positive points stop pretty much here.
To start off the night, some friends came over to have a precocktail before our party. Unfortunately, their audio system does not support iPhone 5, so we called downstairs, had an adapter, but the wire was not compatible with their system! So the night started off with a disappointing note.
After having partied a few hours in another hotel a block away, we were exhausted and thought were going to have a nice sleep back in our hotel. To our surprise, the music was blasting at the lobby and even though we were located on the 4th floor, the noise was just unbearable...it lasted until 3 in the morning. When we called downstairs, the staff said the hotel was full that no other rooms were available, and kindly offered us earplugs, which never existed. You can imagine how tired we were the next day. We were pretty close of packing up and leave in the middle of the night.
Before checking out, we called the valet to retrieve our car; 20 minutes later, still nothing so we waited at the lobby.

If you wish to spend quality and relaxing time in Montreal, for 250-300$ a night, think twice before you book this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChangMtl
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the W Montreal.
We are glad to read that you enjoy the design of the hotel and our rooms.
we are sorry for the inconvenience you had with the music from our living room/bars. We would of loved to be able to move you to another room if we had availability. We will follow up with the Whatver/Whenver department for valet service time - we usually ask guests to request their vehicule 30 minutes before checking out. We are sorry for the delay you experienced.

We hope you will come again!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Comfortable bed, just as I would expect from the W. Clean room. No mold in the bathroom. The only negative to our stay was that it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a calm or moderately quite place in the hotel to have a cocktail and to be able to hold a reasonable conversation without yelling on either Friday or Saturday night: The music is amped up in both the lounge AND bars with live DJs to such a deafening level that you have to yell to talk to your friends. The bartini was not open the Friday night we tried to go. We ended up having to leave the hotel to find a different hotel/bar. I wish this W had at least one (even small) bar for hotel guests to enjoy a drink at in peace.

We revisited the Bartini during the afternoon when the hotel lobby wasn't deafening and it was a great treat - comfortable cool loungy fun with a great bartender and great drinks.

Unfortunately based on this visit, I don't think we will be back to stay. We will probably choose an alternate more peaceful hotel to rest at (ie. the nearby Intercontinental or Le Saint Sulpice, both of which we have stayed in before) but would make the trip to the W during the non-noisy daytime for a drink at their Bartini.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James T
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our stay with us.
We are glad to hear you liked the hotel's clienliness and design.
We do understand your appreciation for quiet lounges - Our weekends are very lively here and unfortunetly the Bartini was closed that evening.

We hope to welcome you in the near future and have you experience the hotel during the week where the ambiance is a little more relax.

Your W Montreal manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The customer service was great. When I arrived to the hotel and was waiting to check in, the valet guys brought my keys along with fancy water bottles while I waited in the lobby. They offer this 'whatever whenever' service where they literally do anything you ask them to do (at a price). Because I went in the winter, I didn't want to go outside to go to the liquor store so I called them and asked them to go pick up some bottles for me at le saq and asked them to pick up juice and mixes at the deppaneur. They arrived at my door within 30 minutes.

The Mega room and the Wonderful room are so spacious and oversized with modern finishes and an awesome oversized bathroom.

If you are looking for an a charming quiet getaway, this is not the hotel for you. On the weekend, the club/lounge on the lobby floor was packed with people and the hotel was filled with loud music. Perfect for those looking to party and socialize.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on our hotel.
We really appreciate your detailed comments and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again at the W Montreal.