“An interesting experience”

Ranked #20 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“An interesting experience”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel staff was very helpful. They made the experience a pleasant one. The hotel is a little dark in the elevator and the hallways. The hotel exudes a "beat." The bass is a little much. Our room was adequate. It wasn't all that luxurious.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel!
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and we will definitely pass along your kind words to our talents.

Your W Montreal Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Entering the lobby for the first time, I thought I had stepped into a bordello. It was so dark and all I could see were spots of red and black, including at the reception desk. The music played loud pounding music all weekend, except Sunday, when the music noise was replaced by construction saws, drills and hammers. It is definitely a party hotel for club goers and prostitutes, many of whom we saw entering the elevators. Even the hallways were dark and I kept thinking I had sunglasses on. The room was okay as the beds were very comfortable. But not comfortable was having a huge glassed in shower right next to the bed. If you took a shower or sat on the toilet, you could be seen from the bed. Partygoers were running through the 6th floor at all hours of the night. On a positive note, the Bliss products in the bathroom were very nice, and the concierge was excellent. In general, the hotel tried so hard to be cool, I found it pretentious, and I don't understand how anyone could find this hotel romantic!

Room Tip: Stay away from lower floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have been many times to this hotel because of the rooms and I appreciate that the valet guys, front desk staff remember me and treat me very well. Being a Starwood customer they always upgrade my room without me asking for it. The rooms are big, romantic, clean and confortable. My favourite W hotel that i have stayed at! Although the rooms are not cheap, if you get a good deal then it's worth it!! The restaurant and room service is quite expensive. They dont give free internet unless you use points to pay for that 15.00$ charge for 24hours. There is no coffee machine in the room so you have to go down to lobby for complementary coffee in the morning. Fridays and Saturdays is a bit noisy because of the bars on the main floor and the Mezzanine. Although all these negative points it is still a great clean and action hotel. Next to some of the nicest restaurants, walking distance....like Graziella, Holder's, maybe not walking distance to Crescent Street and the nicer high end boutiques. This hotel is still my favourite in Montreal cause it has character, maybe intimidating for some people but to me its intriguing, its just puts you in the mood to have a good time and enjoy the moment!!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors especially on weekends ....could get noisy on lower floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive comment on W Montréeal!
It's always great to read that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay with us.
Be assured we will pass along your kind words to our talents.

Your W Montreal manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I've stayed here a few times in 2012/2013, and always enjoyed my stay. I love that it is right near old Montreal, and has a cool vibe compared to most hotels. Two of the times I stayed here it was rainy in Montreal, so I didn't mind the darker decor, but on the occasions I stayed during nice weather I didn't like to spend much time in the room and found it a bit difficult to wake up (though I believe there are some rooms with windows). I like to get a room with a bath tub, as the tubs are huge and luxurious. Good food via room service, and I appreciated the fact that they accommodated my and my husband's vegan diet. Staff always seemed friendly and competent. I would stay here again if traveling in Montreal

Room Tip: We always get a room on a higher floor to avoid any party noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us!
We are glad to read you enjoyed staying at W Montréal each time you traveled to Montréal and we would like to thank you for your loyalty.
It is always a pleasure for us to provide the best service ever and make their stay a memorable one!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Absolutely great hotel, great location. The staff were incredibly friendly, the concierge was my favorite! He was extremely knowledgeable. The hotel was clean, the room was clean and the hotel was in the perfect location. You can throw a rock to the nearest metro station, taxis right outside you never wait. 10 minute walk from Old Montreal and the Latin Quarter along gorgeous streets. Absolute perfect location, and very very impressed with the hotel and its staff.

Room Tip: We had our room upgraded and it faced victoria square. Gorgeous.
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
We really appreciate your comments and are pleased to see you enjoyed the W Montréal, its location and the overall W experience.
We won’t miss to pass your good comments to our talents, especially to our concierge!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The W continues to exceed expectations. Certainly the best hotel if you want a total escape in a serene, other-worldly, super modern environment. Everything is incredibly comfortable, you don't hear a sound from the moment you enter the hallways, and the towels/linen are soft and very high quality. Most importantly, it seems the staff will do anything to please you.
This is the only hotel I'd ever stay at in Montreal (budget permitting). I've stayed in a few and nothing comes close to the EXPERIENCE at the W. (the other hotels are just a place to lie down)

Also in terms of location it's fantastic. Directly across the street is an entrance to the underground city, which takes you anywhere downtown (i.e. malls, Bell Center, museums, universities etc) without ever having to go outside.

Room Tip: Higher up floors in the front. On the side, workers from the office building across the street can s...
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice comment on our hotel and most of all, thank you for your loyalty!
We are really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we still exceed your expectations.
It is always a pleasure for us to provide the best service and experience ever and make their stay a memorable one!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Ideal place if you want to visit Old Montréal and party. Friendly staff and modern suites. Location, location, location!!! On the 10th floor, the view was very nice facing the modern buildings. The bad was very very comfortable! Very busy place with 2 bars. Perfect place for a business meeting.

1 Thank Daniela M
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel!
We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the view from the 10th floor.
It is always a pleasure for us to provide the best service and experience ever and make their stay a memorable one.

W Montreal Manager