this is the first time I stayed in a W hotel and I think it's so very overrated. in a few words, given the option i will not stay in a W hotel again, especially this one.
1. very insufficient lighting; makes me feel like i'm floating all the time ;
2. the rain shower top is only 10 inch diameter snapped on a ceiling of maybe 12-14 foot ceiling. without a handheld showerhead , for women this is hugely inadequate. pity i cannot attach pictures here which can best describe how ridiculous it is ;
3. the fruit dish put in the room was quite old as the lovely looking strawberry was already mouldy.
4. the ceiling wall paper was already peeling in the cafe;
5. oh and if you are a pampered guest coming from all the 5 star hotels in asia.... be sure to bring your own kettle, tea bags and instant coffee for quick fix, slippers, and toothbrush .....because they don't have them in the room ( think of the discomfort to a guest who checks in at 2am, which I did).
6. the pipes in my bathroom makes a loud vent banging sound.... from time to time.... spotted times are 530am, 230 pm, anyways .... odd hours; beware of that too (i have a recording for proof ).
all in all, i did not enjoy my stay for 5 nights there and cannot possibly recommend it !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's historic Banque du Canada building transformed into a rich, modern tapestry, W Montreal is close to Old Montreal, the Montreal Museum of fine Arts and the city's downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your W Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Montreal Hotel Montreal
- w Hotels Montreal
- w Hotel Montreal