“Exciting Weekend Great Hotel”
Review of W Montreal

W Montreal
Ranked #20 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I really enjoyed how modern this hotel was. The bar was excellent and the staff was very kind. I especially liked the glowing end tables. The shower situation when sharing this room with friends can be a bit odd, but it really wasn't big deal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel !
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations.
We will surely pass along your kind words to our talents!

Hoping to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for W Montreal

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was my first stay at this property in Montreal and I was impressed. The staff was extremely helpful, friendly and professional. I was upgraded to a 10th floor WOW suite with a view on the square. The room was amazing and probably one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in a Starwood property (full disclosure: I am a Lifetime Platinum member). Their bar is hopping in the evening. The restaurant (Otto) has delicious food at both lunch and dinner. The gym is very well equipped and spacious. Only small downside was the choice at the breakfast buffet was quite limited (and staff was quite overwhelmed by the nr of guests at the time). However, their espresso (Lavazza) makes up for it!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such an enthusiastic comment on our hotel !
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you will keep travelling with us!
It is always a pleasure for us to provide you with the best service and to exceed your expectations. We will pass along your kind words to our talents!

Hoping to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The W is situated on the pretty square Victoria, which has a metro station and a rack of bicycles for rent. It is a short walk to Vieux Montreal and close to the train station.

Warm welcome and quick check in and the requested sewing kit was speedily supplied. Comfortable, quiet room with luxurious shower was a pleasure.

Dinner at Otto's was pleasant and relaxing. The salmon was delicious. Evidently the W hosts a lively nightspot, judging from the preparations and set up underway as I returned to my room.

Desk staff very helpful regarding changing money, directing me to a nearby bank and even knowing which door out of the four would be open for lobby access on a Saturday morning.

Booked using SPG points and cash in February. When I tried to add another night a couple of months later, rates had really gone up. My take away on this -- plan well ahead.

I look forward to a return visit to Montreal and to the W.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice comment on our hotel!
We are really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. Be assured we will pass along your kind words to our Talents!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon - and don't forget to plan ahead - !

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband, myself and our one year old stayed for three nights and had wonderful service. We wouldn't stay anywhere else! Loved the room, friendly staff, and location. We used the concierge for dinner nightly and we're never disappointed! Wonderful staff! Thank you!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mtimes3
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive comment on W Montréal!
We are really glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the overall W experience. Be assured we will pass along your kind words to our talents.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Your W Montreal manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have spent 5 nights at this hotel and I would def. score it high. It has a very funky design and it is very modern. The room was huge and I had all the things I could need. I have to admit the attention to details was outstanding: my desk had all sort of stationary including tape, stapler and paper clips. The mini bar had normal size snack (none of those mini snack which are never filling) and with great variety, large selection of magazines to read, Bliss toiletries and the cherry on top was a rubber duck in my bathroom! The bathroom was opened plan and had a big a bath tub and shower room. Also had a sort of a sofa were you can easily read or watch telly.

The bed was really great: large, very soft, 4 good pillows and really good quality bed sheets (350 thread count :) ). The TV probably one of the biggest I have seen in a hotel. Another thing that I loved in terms of attention to detail is that the mini sewing kit had normal colours of thread – none of those default ones but grey and black and navy and white – colours you could really need!

I haven’t used much of the services but I have been once to the Otto restaurant from breakfast and the food was great (portions were pretty big to my surprise). I have used the bar for a few drinks and again looks like they have a vast variety of drinks. Staff was very friendly in the reception area too – I was queuing to ask for internet password and an adaptor and one of the staff came immediately and helped me even if they were not assigned to the reception. They always had a smile on their face and really made an effort.

The hotel is very centrally situated and it is within walking distance from the old Montreal.

Negatives things are hard to say. The design is really funky so if you are the classic type it might feel too modern. The lights are spread all over the room and the bathroom was open plan in my room. I am usually the classic type but this time I have enjoyed a new design and the attention to details.

The one thing I would change is probably the hair dryer :). Nothing was wrong with mine, don’t get me wrong, I am just being really picky, but it was the typical hotel hair dryer. I would love to stay at a hotel where they have a hair dryer I can really use to style my hair. A straightener would be a plus too :) Wish I had the time to try the spa!

Would go back without a blink here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice and detailed comment on our hotel!
We are really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceed your expectations with the design of the rooms and the overall W experience.
It is always a pleasure for us to provide the best service ever and make your stay a memorable one!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon -with a brand new and stylish hair dryer- !

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in a great location but soundproofing if rooms is terrible. This is my 5th night of a 7 night stay. Every single night I have been awoken by parties in the rooms around me. Idiot young revellers with no respect for fellow guests.

No not stay here if you want to sleep at all. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your last visit at W Montréal.
We are really saddened to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay because of the issues encountered with the noisy guests in the room next to yours.
Feel free to contact us at wmontreal@whotels.com to discuss further.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I must admit, I've never stayed at a W. This was my first but I had heard a lot about the hotels. We arrived in Montreal and took a cab to the hotel - was a bit pricy but it is a big city so it's expected. We checked in - our room took a while to get ready - luckily though they had upgraded us from a basic room to a suite of sorts - thank gosh for that. The room was amazing! High ceilings, balcony, and a spacious feel. It was cold/rainy so we couldn't enjoy the balcony as much. However, our neighbors in the pent house clearly did!!! One night they had a party until at least 2 or 3am - it was loud... but again this is a young hotel so it's expected.

Service was friendly - though we were coming back from a long day of site seeing on a Saturday night - people were lining up outside to go into the club/lounge there. The bouncer/doorman gave us a hard time because I guess we we're 'dressed up' - had to show him my room key to tell him I'm a hotel guest! Was a bit rude I guess but again I'm not surprised.

The hotel has a few places to eat nearby that are great - like Brit and Chips and Ghandi (see my other reviews).

Overall had a nice time - hotel was conveniently located between old and new Montreal.

Room Tip: Try to check how the occupancy is - you may get upgraded if rooms are open. We used our Starwood Poi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on our hotel.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the overall W experience.
It is always a pleasure for us to provide the best service and experience ever and make their stay a memorable one!

We hope to welcome you back soon!