“Yes...its that awesome!!”

Ranked #21 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Chicago, Illinois
“Yes...its that awesome!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

W Hotel in Montreal is splendid, great service, good food, excellent lounge/bar, great location. The staff is very polite and gracious, we pulled in at 1am from driving in from Chicago and they sent us snacks and drinks free, its a nice touch. The hotel restaurant Otto was also very good. I do insist that for morning coffee walk up a block and there are 3 coffee shops that serve amazing coffee. The rooms are very clean, you can tell they put a great amount of effort into cleaning the bathroom and common living areas. My only gripe (as with most places) you still have to pay for wifi...its a massive trade off when you get great sleep in a clean comfortable room. One thing if you drive in just park the car and walk...I didnt see my car for 5 days, Montreal is a great walking city.

Room Tip: My friend had room 305 and it was above the lounge...Though the sound was muffled from the lounge be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review on our hotel.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations regarding the localization and the service.

Be assured that we will pass along your kind words to the Talents!!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Your W Montreal Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at the W Hotel for 3 nights and it was fabulous! Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were very clean! Located in downtown Montreal and within walking distance to lots of great sites, restaurants, festivals - including Old Montreal. The hotel restaurant (Otto) had limited hours, but when we did dine there it was delicious - the charcuterie platter was a very tasty selection of meats and cheese, service was fantastic. The entire hotel had a dimly lit nightclub vibe 24/7 - which some may or may not like. The rubber duckie and Bliss toiletries were nice touches. I had an opportunity to visit the Away Spa for a massage, located in the lower level of the hotel - very clean and calming environment and their massage therapists are all RMTs - which isn't always the case at other hotels i've been to. Marielle was the therapist I had and she was great! Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on our hotel!

We are really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations.
It is always a pleasure for us to provide the best service ever and make your stay a memorable one!

Be assured we will pass along your kind words to our Talents, especially to Marielle!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon - and don't forget to plan ahead - !

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not only beautiful but clean and the customer service is great. The tools were like nothing uve stayed in before, big and spacious. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The wunder bar was excellent and the music was really great. I had a blast!!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such an enthusiastic comment on our hotel.
We are extremely glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the cocktail culture and that our service met your expectations.
It has been a real pleasure for us to provide you the best service!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recently stayed at the W over the weekend. The staff was very pleasant and the Hotel is across the street from a metro stop. It's a short walk to Old Montreal. Also there is a drugstore similar to CVS/RiteAide close by. Upon check-in I was notified that my Wi-Fi was free (it's usually $15/night). That was great for me since I had data roaming turned off on my phone (it's VERY expensive to use international data on AT&T iphones). The shower in the room was very good as well. The hotel likes to go for a intimate, low-light style so keep this in mind if you like to have a ton of light in your room at night.

They have a nightclub/bar on the first floor. My 3 friends and I visited the nightclub early Saturday evening when it was dead but by the time I got back at 2 AM, it was filled with people with a line of folks still trying to get in. 2 small incidents occurred but I was happy with the W's pro-activeness and response. First, on Saturday night as I slept, one of the other guests on my floor was drunk and she was knocking on doors. I could hear her exchange with security/staff and they quickly handled the situation. The other incident was caused by a movie's protest scene filmed outside the hotel in Victoria Square that woke me up early Sunday morning. The W did send a warning letter that there was going to be filming. Upon check-out when the receptionist found out my sleep didn't go very well, I got a taxi voucher (up to $75) which was great. If you want great service, nightlife, and location in Montreal go with the W. However, if you don't want a hotel with a nightclub in it and you want to be deep in Old Montreal, Hotel Nelligan would be an alternative (I also stayed there).

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors if staying on the weekend since the nightclub is on the first. Check...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed comment on our hotel.
We are extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the overall W experience and that our service met your expectations.
It has been a real pleasure for us to provide you the best service and to make your stay a memorable one!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a W, superb bar, trendy hotel lobby, great service. The bar tender can make you some wonderfull drinks and the fine spirits collection is extensive.

Room (suite) was nice, big and clean but facing the interior.

Bed (king), linen, service and location was perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review on our hotel.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our cocktail culture and that we exceeded your expectations with our W experience.
Be assured we will pass along your kind words to our Talents especially to the bartenders!

We hope to see you back soon!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

A trip to Montreal would not be complete without a stay at the W Hotel. From the time you hand your car to the valet until you get your keys back to leave....every single staff member is aware of who you are and want to be there to ensure your stay is amazing. And yet I was never aware of staff, until I needed something. If your are not sure where to go, or you need last minute entry to a venue, contact the concierge.... they have never failed to make things happen. Centrally located downtown, the W-Hotel in Montreal is one of my favorite hotels anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 3rd floor on the inside...for a quiet sleep. Book the spa early..it is an amaz...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear guest,

We are extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the overall W experience and that our Talents exceeded your expectations! Be assured that we will pass along your kind words to them, especially to the concierges and ambassadors!

Hoping to welcome you back soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

First time in Montreal. Stayed at W. It was fantastic. Superb recognition of platinum status and was upgraded to a nice Fantastic Suite. Room was very colorful and comfortable. Love the extra large sofa-thing. Walking distance to many places in downtown montreal. The Lounge/Club was definitely a hotspot and was packed with locals dancing the night away. Staying at the hotel gets you no fuss access behind the velvet ropes.

Looking forward to my next stay there on my return.

Room Tip: Suites are nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive comment on our hotel.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the overall W experience and that we exceeded your expectations with our localization!
Be assured we will pass along your kind words to our Talents!

Hoping to welcome you back soon!