So this is a really nice Hotel, and I have to say that generally I enjoyed staying here. I would say that I am pretty easy to please. I was staying in a Mega room, these rooms are pretty large! I had lots of space! The bed was comfortable, and the room was well equipped and aside from some mildew in the shower, VERY clean..
Here are something that didn't go as I expected, or that you should watch out for:
1) I arrived at 7pm and my room wasn't available. That seemed odd, I was told it would take another 5 minutes. It took more like 20.
2) The noise, I am a pretty good sleeper, so I wasn't disturbed by it but I sure could hear it. The bar plays loud music and I was on the 4th floor. I could clearly hear the base all the way until 1am (maybe later but I was never awake after that).
3) The bathroom did not have anywhere to hang towels. This isn't a huge issue but I don't like to get fresh towels every day, so I like to hang my towels up, but there was no where to do this.
4) This hotel is DARK! the lobby is dark, the halls are dark, even my room is was dark. With the curtains open and EVERY light on in the room, it was still not easy to read or see colours in my room (outside of the bathroom area).
5) The "cool" factor. This hotel is trying very hard to be cool. I've stayed at a lot of hotels around the world (see below). This hotel is pretty cool, but not as cool as the W in Hong Kong. It's also not as classy as almost all the hotels I stay in...
6) There is NO door to the bathroom. I knew this before I stayed there, and I'm fine with it, I just wanted to be more descriptive. There is a curtain you can draw, but it's VERY thin, you would see through it. If you stay here with someone make sure you are comfortable with this.
7) The tiles in the bathroom. There was some mildew in the shower, and in the toilet area there was a huge crack.
8) The door to the toilet (yes there is a door here) would not stay open, it would close on it's own all the time.
Notes: I did get a "gift" when I arrived, I don't know if this was because of the delay in my room being ready or them just being nice, or because I am an SPG member.
I was also not paying full price for my room, if I had been my rating would probably be lower.
Hotels I can compare too:
Four Seasons Budapest
Le Meridian in Budapest
Hilton Canary Wharf London
Marriott Park Lane London
W Hong Kong
ITC Windsor Bangalore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the city's historic Banque du Canada building transformed into a rich, modern tapestry, W Montreal is close to Old Montreal, the Montreal Museum of fine Arts and the city's downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your W Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Montreal Hotel Montreal
- w Hotels Montreal
- w Hotel Montreal