W Montreal
LHotel(Montreal)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,510 results
All reviewsmega roomwow suitebliss productsvictoria squareglass wallroom servicerain showerbachelor partymini barhotel baramazing hotelold portmetro stationvalet parkingwunderbarconciergelobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2008

The W hotel in Montreal is a great place for those seeking good tunes, central location to businesses and most of all....a great hotel bar.

Weds nights are popular with locals, dress up. The food of course can be pricey so I would recammend walking down the street to Old Montreal....lots of cute places there to grab a bite to eat.

Of course when it's minus 30 in Jan, Otto restaurant located right beside / within the hotel is your best bet!

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Apparently trendy = black with strange lights in the hallway that make you feel like you've landed in a Borg cube.
Look, I think you'll enjoy your stay - the hotel is in a convenient location, and the accomodations themselves, while devoid of much light, are nice (it would be nice to feel like you can actually read in your room). The concierges were quite helpful and friendly and had some great recommendations. Hence, my 4 star rating (i'd really give it 3 1/2 if I could). So for a couple, a weekend trip, it's a fine place to stay.
But, I'm not sure about a lengthier stay... after a few days, I think I'd really feel light deprived. It gets dark enough, early enough in Montreal in the winter...

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2008

This was the first time I've stayed in a W, though I've dined and visited the bar in several others. The staff here was very friendly from the minute I walked in. The front desk and the doorman went out of their way to make me feel welcome and see if there was any assistance I required. Since I was here for only one night on a business trip, I wasn't able to really put this to the test. I'm a Starwoods Preferred Gold member, and when I checked it was nice to dins out that I had a double upgrade on my room. The hotel itself has a very modern feel to it, though the hallways and the room seemed a bit dark. The facilities were all in excellent condition, and the location is directly across the street from the Montreal Metro and an easy walk to Old Montreal.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2008

The hotel was great! My husband and I went here for our 1 year anniversary and it was perfect for what we were seeking. It is a very trendy hotel with a great lounge and really nice staff. The room was really nice, but I wouldn't recommend it for families or even friends because the shower has a glass wall that looks directly into the bedroom so you wouldn't have the privacy that you would need if you're not with a significant other. The area was fine for us as well because we drove so we got around quite easily. My only recommendation is to do your own research on restaurants/things to do in the area because the hotel does not have a very exhaustive list of restaurants or things to do so you can miss out on some cool things if you don't do your own research.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2008

I will preface this review by saying that I have stayed in about 80% of the W Hotels throughout the United States, and am quite enamoured with the chain, and Starwood more generally. Sadly however this hotel fell short of the W standard quality in both service and facilities.

The staff was young and courteous, but not the usual proactive service I have come to expect from the W. The room I was first given (3rd floor) was appallingly small, faced an interior courtyard of an office building, and had paint peeling in the bathroom. After highlighting these failings to the front desk staff they realized that I should have been upgraded given my status with the hotel, however at this point I was told only a suite was available and it wouldn't be ready until about 2am. I said I would check back in the morning, and then spent 30 minutes waiting for 2 martinis in the hotel bar (they did give me a drink voucher for my delay).

After staying the night in my original room I was told in the morning that the suite was no longer available (curious what happens overnight), but they had another Mega Room for me (7th floor). This room was excellent, and the top-floor suites I saw later also seemed superb.

If you've never stayed in a W Hotel before you can expect to be impressed by the young chic look and above average service; however, if you commonly stay in W Hotels don't expect this to be on par. Expect the staff to be slightly less helpful and even indignant at times (quite the opposite from the brand's norm I know). I would recommend no one take a room on the 3rd floor!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business