“We will be coming back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel 10

Hotel 10
Ranked #37 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
New York City, New York
“We will be coming back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

First off I have to say that this Hotel is very centrally located in Montreal. You are literally 15 minutes from everything that you need. There are a ton of bars and restaurants right around the corner from the Hotel with full range of price and types of food. Old Montreal is a 20 minute walk east of the Hotel, with the Art Center around the corner to enjoy as well.
The staff was amazing right from making sure that our room was away from the night club so little to no noise, to advising us to where to eat to celebrate our anniversary.
Their car service was also top notch, Lucas was a pleasure to drive around with and went above what was asked for when it came to taking us to where we wanted to go. His advice of where to go came from his love of Montreal.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffrey C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I heard after I booked for my last visit that a club had opened on their main floor. I called the hotel to say that I was was there for a family trip & they said we will put you on the top floor away from the club ( we had booked 3 rooms). Anyways got there & they said before we even introduced that did we know a new nightclub had opened at the club? We said yes & we're told no issue as we were on the 5 the floor. They responded we only have you booked rooms on the 3 rd floor. Long story short, here I sit on my 5 the floor room over the club at 1:30am....my kids just moved to another room & I will never come back I used to love the location of this hotel & when I checked in they told me some people hear nothing but I am directly over the club & I guess their bigger revenue is the club & all I can hear is screaming & swearing & really drunk people. So sad. My days are done here.

• Stayed November 2013
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Director at Hotel 10, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Flyfun,

I am sincerely sorry to read that your last stay with us did not meet your expectations. We work daily with our team to ensure that all our guests are in rooms based on their individual needs.
I would really love to speak with you directly to discuss further your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly by phone or email.

Merci
Patrick Elbaz
pelbaz@hotel10montreal.com
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here in October 2013 as part of our honeymoon for 5 nights and had a fantastic experience! The service was spectacular, the elevators have the nice security feature of requiring a room key and our 5th floor room was quiet, modern, comfortable and large.

The only night the club was loud was Saturday and I expect that is a problem for people on the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms, but it was completely unnoticed on our 5th floor room.

Location is great- St. Laurent has a plethora of restaurants and clubs. If you're up for a run, it's quick to Old Montreal. A metro station is a 5 minute walk away that gives access to the rat of the city.

Only one negative experience was my last night; my wake up call for 4:45 AM occurred at 5:22 and the night auditor tried to convince me it was 4:45 "according to his phone." Then he immediately called me back to tell me my cab arrived so when I went down, we had a chat and he admitted it wasn't 4:45 when he called and that he couldn't because he was "too busy." I loved this hotel, but this guy's excuses were lame and could have cost me making my flight, thus knocking off the 5th star.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor definitely.
1 Thank Danma11
Dear Danma11,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the world. I am really happy to read that you enjoyed the service and all the features at Hotel 10. I will personally transfer this review to all service team member.
I have already talked to the person in charge at night, to ensure that this situation won’t happen again.
We look forward to welcome you back in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit.

Merci beaucoup
Patrick Elbaz
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We recently had a short stay in this fine hotel. The design of the place is very contemporary, but certainly not overwhelming. Our room was spacious, luxurious, and well appointed. The staff were all very friendly. There were people down the hall who were somewhat noisy but, once in your room, the sound was fine.

The hotel is located in an excellent area of Montreal - close to many tourist activities but also in an area which is less touristy itself and filled with restaurants and stores.

The hotel has free wifi which is a bonus.

Parking is available onsite but only through a valet. At $28 it is expensive but does offer in an out privileges. Depending on the time of year and how much luggage you have, you may want to seek out a local lot nearby.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The hotel has a club which is open until 3 a.m. and which apparently can be heard from some rooms...
Amherst, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My Sister's and I stayed at Hotel 10 and we have to compliment the great service and friendly manner of Fritz and Ben. Fritz was always there to help with our horrible French, give us directions, restaurant ideas and always greeted us with his wonderful smile. Ben handled what could have been an unpleasant situation a positive one. Thank you Fritz and Ben for making our stay and Hotel 10 and in the quaint and extremely friendly city of Montreal one to remember.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bette S
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

First- this hotel puts you in the middle on Rue dSaint Lauraint, which is where the quebekers shop and live. Full of cafes and restaurants and vintage shops and art galleries...like being in the middle of Noho or the east village in NYC. Walk north to Rue MontRoyal for more great shops, restaurant and cafes. If you walk south you'll be in Old Montreal in 15 min, which is very pretty, but a bit more turisty. And Downtown is good to visit, but its the equivalent of Times square in NYC...SUPER TURISTY, ut cool to walk through..once.
The rooms are HUGE, the bar is beautiful, and the lobby is modern, reminiscent of the W Hotel. We really liked it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jolie b
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Great location! The overall service of the hotel was average. We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights looking to have a great relaxing experience during the long weekend holiday. Upon arrival, we were offered an upgraded room which included a bathtub. The hotel lacks personality compared to other boutique hotels in Montreal (i.e. W Montreal, Le Germain...). They have a concierge service that was terrible and impersonal. We asked for a restaurant in the area and they could only recommend us two choices, which were fast-food types.The biggest disappointment was the bed which was an uncomfortable spring mattress covered with white sheets and a small summer duvet. Compared to other hotels in the same price point the Hotel 10 should invest in better more comfortable bedding. I would recommend staying here with friends for a weekend but only when the hotel or other travel sites offer discounted nights.

Room Tip: When booking your room call the hotel and ask for a room located on the opposite side of the nightcl...