“Getaway”

Ranked #46 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
A TripAdvisor Member
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Great spot. Very central. Courtous staff. Missed the personal touch a bit but Dave & William at Valet made up for it. Both great personalities and super engaging, made us feel home and like friends. Alexandre very nice too and helpful with Concierge related questions. Didn't get the name of the waiter working the breakfast shift at the restaurant, but great character and entertaining. Took advantage of the free house car every night to take us to the nightlife. Will come back again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Staff (including our COMPLIMENTARY…YES COMPLIMENTARY drivers) and concierge were fantastic. The hotel is centrally located (no more than 20 minutes walking from anything we wanted to see/do) and a great value for what we paid on Travelocity. We also really enjoyed the complimentary coffee/tea/snacks in the lobby (great cookies).

The only slightly bad:

The room did have a couple of loose knobs and a loose toilet seat but these are quick fixes.

After reading the reviews about the noise from the club we did request a quiet room which was given to us with no problem. I'd also like to add that our beautiful concierge made a point of telling the people checking in before us about the noise level on Fri/Sat and asked if this would be an issue…so no excuses to anyone who complains about this!

A special thank you to our driver Lucas for being our "mini tour guide" and rain protector and to Sabrina for her professionalism and care!

Room Tip: If you're staying on the weekend and don't wish to hear the club downstairs simply ask for a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

First off I have to say that this Hotel is very centrally located in Montreal. You are literally 15 minutes from everything that you need. There are a ton of bars and restaurants right around the corner from the Hotel with full range of price and types of food. Old Montreal is a 20 minute walk east of the Hotel, with the Art Center around the corner to enjoy as well.
The staff was amazing right from making sure that our room was away from the night club so little to no noise, to advising us to where to eat to celebrate our anniversary.
Their car service was also top notch, Lucas was a pleasure to drive around with and went above what was asked for when it came to taking us to where we wanted to go. His advice of where to go came from his love of Montreal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I heard after I booked for my last visit that a club had opened on their main floor. I called the hotel to say that I was was there for a family trip & they said we will put you on the top floor away from the club ( we had booked 3 rooms). Anyways got there & they said before we even introduced that did we know a new nightclub had opened at the club? We said yes & we're told no issue as we were on the 5 the floor. They responded we only have you booked rooms on the 3 rd floor. Long story short, here I sit on my 5 the floor room over the club at 1:30am....my kids just moved to another room & I will never come back I used to love the location of this hotel & when I checked in they told me some people hear nothing but I am directly over the club & I guess their bigger revenue is the club & all I can hear is screaming & swearing & really drunk people. So sad. My days are done here.

• Stayed: November 2013
HOTEL10GM, Rooms Division Director at Hotel 10, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Flyfun,

I am sincerely sorry to read that your last stay with us did not meet your expectations. We work daily with our team to ensure that all our guests are in rooms based on their individual needs.
I would really love to speak with you directly to discuss further your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly by phone or email.

Merci
Patrick Elbaz
pelbaz@hotel10montreal.com

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here in October 2013 as part of our honeymoon for 5 nights and had a fantastic experience! The service was spectacular, the elevators have the nice security feature of requiring a room key and our 5th floor room was quiet, modern, comfortable and large.

The only night the club was loud was Saturday and I expect that is a problem for people on the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms, but it was completely unnoticed on our 5th floor room.

Location is great- St. Laurent has a plethora of restaurants and clubs. If you're up for a run, it's quick to Old Montreal. A metro station is a 5 minute walk away that gives access to the rat of the city.

Only one negative experience was my last night; my wake up call for 4:45 AM occurred at 5:22 and the night auditor tried to convince me it was 4:45 "according to his phone." Then he immediately called me back to tell me my cab arrived so when I went down, we had a chat and he admitted it wasn't 4:45 when he called and that he couldn't because he was "too busy." I loved this hotel, but this guy's excuses were lame and could have cost me making my flight, thus knocking off the 5th star.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor definitely.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danma11

Dear Danma11,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the world. I am really happy to read that you enjoyed the service and all the features at Hotel 10. I will personally transfer this review to all service team member.
I have already talked to the person in charge at night, to ensure that this situation won’t happen again.
We look forward to welcome you back in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit.

Merci beaucoup
Patrick Elbaz

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We recently had a short stay in this fine hotel. The design of the place is very contemporary, but certainly not overwhelming. Our room was spacious, luxurious, and well appointed. The staff were all very friendly. There were people down the hall who were somewhat noisy but, once in your room, the sound was fine.

The hotel is located in an excellent area of Montreal - close to many tourist activities but also in an area which is less touristy itself and filled with restaurants and stores.

The hotel has free wifi which is a bonus.

Parking is available onsite but only through a valet. At $28 it is expensive but does offer in an out privileges. Depending on the time of year and how much luggage you have, you may want to seek out a local lot nearby.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The hotel has a club which is open until 3 a.m. and which apparently can be heard from some rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My Sister's and I stayed at Hotel 10 and we have to compliment the great service and friendly manner of Fritz and Ben. Fritz was always there to help with our horrible French, give us directions, restaurant ideas and always greeted us with his wonderful smile. Ben handled what could have been an unpleasant situation a positive one. Thank you Fritz and Ben for making our stay and Hotel 10 and in the quaint and extremely friendly city of Montreal one to remember.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family