“Awful experience :((((”

and 1 more site!
Hotel 7 Saisons
Ranked #138 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Badly greeted. Maintenance should be improved, and aggressive receptionist when asking for a better room.

Last place I would go to, even if it were free :(

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 October 2009

Although the staff was very friendly, we would never return to this hotel, nor recommend it to anyone. It smelt of stale cigarette smoke, and although we were told that our room was non-smoking, we had an ashtray in the room. The beds had non fitting sheets, just multiple layers of blankets, kinda perplexing. The box spring was also covered in a plastic that looked it was just quickly taped up...kinda looked suspicious. We had no alarm clock in the room, it was dark and kinda spooky, with very dirty walls and ceilings that looked like they were about to crumble on you. We slept every night with the lights on, the chandelier in our room reminded us of a haunted movie, not all the lights worked, some were half dimmed. The view from our window was of a stairwell, with garbage bags. Good thing our window didnt open!!!

The area was though perfect for us. As we were walking distance to Rue St Catherine, which is where we spent most of our holiday! Thank goodness for that, as I am not sure that we would of stayed there the 3 nights.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank anom95
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I came to Montreal to visit with a few friends. Found this hotel near the Gray hound terminal. It's a nice hotel. The people were nice, and gave us a lot of good advice on what to visit in the city. The room wasn't bad at all for the price your paying. It was a marble fire place (not working) high ceiling. The hotel was and old European style home renovated into a hotel. I liked the charm. Would go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I referred my three friends to this hotel because it was close to one that I was staying in. It wasn't great, but also wasn't expensive...all was ok, until my friend got home and went to the doctor to find out she was covered in BEDBUG BITES. It was then that I logged on here and discovered other reviews citing the same nasty problem.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I just returned from this hotel and I am covered in bed bugs. I'm really hoping none came back with me - I got back at midnight. The infestation was so bad that these "hard to spot" fellows were not hard to spot but crawling all over the bed and sheets. I collected them and took some to reception. They pretended to be shocked but showed me a newspaper clipping in French about them that they conveniently had on hand for this new problem.
On top of that I couldn't shower because the shower was broken in my room. So I had to go and give a paper at a conference covered in bites, itching, on little sleep and with no shower.
They changed my room after two nights (other hotels were full). Both rooms were dirty. The cleaning people made the bed with the remote trapped inside - clearly not changing sheets despite bug infestation. Also hairs in the bathroom etc, that stayed even after daily "cleaning".
The wifi - which really sold me on this hotel - never worked the whole time I was there. The owners were not available to talk to.
I've never had such a bad hotel experience, although the staff were nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank dc_Anna
Reviewed 5 July 2009

The Hotel is at a very convenient location in Downtown Montreal. Our room was clean. The bed comfortable with nice clean sheets. There was a little problem with the air conditioner, it was taken care of. Very friendly staff and good service.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2009

This hotel seemed innocent enough - an old gentleman behind the desk who was friendly, ladies in the morning so we were willing to forget some of the things until the morning we were leaving (we stayed there for 2 nights) when I developed red spots all over my body. They started itching and hurting and eventually had puss all over them. We returned home to the US from Montreal and my husband matched the shape and pattern (~3 bites at a time in numerous places) to bed bugs!! It was awful - much worse than mosquito bites - they swell up, fill in with puss and stay on for weeks after. The worst thing would have been if we brought these home - I washed EVERYTHING and prayed that no bugs came with us home - and seems like not. I am sure the owners knew about bed bugs - they should be forbidden from running a business.

Other problems with this hotel that I should bring up:
1. Our room smelled like an ashtray - the smell of cigarettes was so strong that I felt like a had a pack myself. We opened our one window and that helped but the window itself ... almost fell out on the street so we were worried someone is going to get hit below us if the wind blows over.

2. My husband found a syringe right on top of one of the dressers - I do not want to think what went on in this room before.

3. BED BUGS - terrible, never had such an experience before and I stayed at hostels etc

Stay away unless you want to suffer and possibly bring disease home.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank patrycja1