Auberge YWCA
  • Pool
US$209
US$197
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon kitchencrescent streetown bathroomprivate bathtrain stationtwo double bedswithin walking distancehostelfloornovotel
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Second time staying here - very good for families and groups of friends! Clean , shared kitchen and laundry available and all for a good cause. Location is really good as well. Nice and clean building, good security.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Linda D, Manager at Auberge YWCA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hello

It is great to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay, and that have also stayed with us in the past.

All comments are welcome and are treated seriously.

Have a wonderful day, and hope to see you again next time you are in Montréal

All the best,

Linda

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

YWCA is wonderful. I got a private room and it was clean, has its own TV, fridge and sink.

The showers are well-structured with space to get dry and dressed and a new towel available for each stall.

Staff is very helpful and welcoming. He gave me maps, guide infos and lots of recommendations of restaurants and hang out places which turned out to be very cool.

Location is also excellent. 10minute walk to Dorchester square which is where all my tours start, and 15min to Eaton Centre. 747 Airport shuttle is also across the street so transportation to and from airport isn't a problem either

Had an enjoyable stay here. Definitely will come back again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2014

First of all, if you book via Booking.com be aware of the fact that what this site advertises as Hotel Y Montreal is composed of two different facilities in the same building : the actual hotel and a sort of hostel (called Residence/auberge).This review is about the hostel part. To sleep there will do for a couple of days (longer stay is also possible because there's everything needed : laundry and cooking facilities...). My room was very clean, but not cosy nor especially comfy (rather tiny because I stayed at a single room). It's situated on a crossing of a big boulevard (heavy traffic) and one of the main shopping streets filled with bars and some luxury boutiques. It's not far away from the city center and very close to the Arts Museum (Musée des Beaux Arts) and to the main Montreal attraction Parc Royal (big parc on a hill with wonderfull views over the city). So the location is rather good, but depends on what you want to see in Montreal as it's city center is huge.
There are no bathrooms in the rooms (just a sink), you'll often meet people in pyjamas in the corridors going to the bathroom -> all this trafic can get a bit noisy during the night (especially when the other guest slam their doors...). My stay was alright but definitely not worth as good evaluation as featured on Booking.com site.
Wifi connection was good, both in my room and in the common areas.

Room Tip: Don't take the number 603, because it's just in between the toilets and the showers-room, so it's noisy all the time (actually you can hear all the annoyning noises people usually make when going to the bathroom:-( ). And try to get a room that is not overlooking the street as it might be noisy..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lilly l
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Loved the Y, great location and convenient. Its walking distance to restaurants and shops for everything that you need. It was a 15 minute walk to my daily destination but enjoyed the walk. I stayed there for 1 whole month

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lavi R
Linda D, General Manager at Auberge YWCA, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding the property.

Hope to see you again if you visit Montreal

All the best

Reviewed 7 December 2013

For my first time in Montreal, I wanted to stay in a good hotel but at a relatively low price, as I am still a student. So I saw this hotel and read the reviews,pretty good reviews I have to tell. To be sure that I wasn't throwing $300 for three nights, I first sent a message to the customer service. I received a quick answer and the lady who talked to me, Natalia, was very polite and nice to me. Once there, the hotel was located at a famous street of Montreal which is Guy Concordia, the room was small but clean, the service nice, and there was also a shared kitchen at the 6th floor with everything you need to make a good dish. The only thing I didn't really like is that the hotel closes after a certain time and you have to ring in a bell in order to have someone to open the door for you. The overall is good. Good value for the money!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Linda D, Manager at Auberge YWCA, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

We use these comments to make things bettter for our Guests.

The reason the Front Doors are locked after a certain time, is to ensure the safety of all our Guests.

There is someone on duty at the Reception 24 Hours, and they try to answer as quickly as possible.

Hope to se you again, on your next trip to Montreal