Victorian Heritage
US$286
US$239
US$214
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslatin quartergarden suiteb bdormer roomhomemade jamsbed and breakfastyogurteach morningold montrealwasher dryerfull kitchenmodern conveniencesst denisthird floorgreat hostssoaking tubwalked everywhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Original victorian house, perfect location, 15 minutes walk to old montreal, close to metro and nice restaurants. The owner gives you à warm welcom and a good and healthy breakfast. Good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This B&B is long on charm and serves a wonderful breakfast -- just don't expect it at 8 am, or even by 8:30...it will likely still be a work in progress, but it will be good once it is ready. The proprietor is friendly and helpful, as is his right hand man. But in our group or three couples, two rooms simply were not cleaned and made up. My wife and I aren't reallly B&B enthusiasts, so we may be slightly biased, but the two other couples we traveled with have substantial B&B experience, and while everything was ok for them, they reported that they are not likely to return. As for location, the Metro isn't far, and you are right on top of the Latin Quarter if that appeals.

Room Tip: The Garden Suite is the gem.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Victorien311, Owner at Victorian Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Bonjour,

Thank you for saying that we serve a wonderful breakfast and that there is lots to like in our B & B. I am really grateful that you used such nice terms to characterize our breakfast and B & B.

I appreciate that you are pointing out the importance of having the breakfast completely ready at 8 am. Sometimes we don’t see something that is wrong until someone clearly expresses it. After reading your review I requested Mélanie, my employee that works on Sunday, to start half an hour earlier in the morning in order to be ready on time. I will see what else I can do make sure that we are ready at 8 am every day.

For the daily cleaning of your rooms during your stay, I talked to my employees and they reported doing the cleaning each day. Obviously, not enough cleaning was done in some of your rooms and I am sorry for that. I can assure you that I will personally make sure that a special attention is made to the daily cleaning of your rooms if you visit again.

Thanks again,

Your host, Denis Beaulac
Victorian Heritage Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Victorian Heritage B & B from September 16-September 20, 2012. The home is lovely. It is beautifully restored and truly a feast for the eyes. Each day we were greeted by a fantastic breakfast, the freshest fruits, wonderful coffee and a tea selection. Our room was beautiful, clean and filled with antiques, yet very functional. Denis had a secure space for our bikes, so we could safely lock them up each night. We stayed with others from around Canada and had lively breakfast discussions. A thoroughly enjoyable experience that I hope to repeat very soon. The property is in the Latin Quarter, which is lively. There are many restaurants and shops and it is within walking distance to a lot of attractions, including Old Montreal and Chinatown. You really cannot go wrong with this B & B,

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor. It was very quiet and comfortable.
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My wife and I returned monday from a 2 night stay here. This lovely place made a great first impression with friendly staff and a beautiful suite. Bright and well decorated. You can see a lot of attention went into the Garden Suite that we stayed in. This B&B was recommended to us by a friend from Montreal who fell in love with it. Walking distance to incredible montreal restaurants and shopping. It's in an area that you may miss if you do the typical tourist trip but is safe and beautiful. Our suite opened out to a very nice private garden area which was a big plus. We are already to go back with several couples and fill the place up. Breakfast was very nice and the staff were attentive. The best montreal bagels are always nice! Can't lose with this B&B.

1  Thank scuba39
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We have just had a three night stay at the Victorian Heritage B and B,it's a great place with plenty of character this includes Denis the owner,fabulous breakfast provided each morning ,this property is very close to attractions in Montreal ,we would definitely stay again if we ever returned to Montreal.