University Bed & Breakfast Apartments
Hotel Nelligan(Montreal)
US$208
US$182
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This was our first stay at University B&B, and we couldn't have been happier. I cannot express how much I LOVE the location. It is a quiet street, but is within easy walking distance of the Plateau and Quartier Latin (we love both of these areas), as well as downtown and Chinatown/Old Montréal. We were travelling with a friend, and both of our rooms had the shared bath option. We never had to wait to use the bathroom, and it was kept quite clean. Our room was so charming and had everything we needed. The mattress was very comfortable, and we had a lovely view of the tree-lined street. The breakfasts were really great (I couldn't have been happier about the Fairmount bagels!), and the French press coffee was a nice and delicious touch. My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is that the lady in charge of the kitchen wouldn't let me store one tiny ice pack in her freezer for a single evening. I thought that was strange, as I wasn't exactly asking to store five loaves of bread or anything. Anyway, that was a minor blip during an otherwise outstanding stay. We will most definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GlobeTrekkerNYC
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Recently I came to Montreal and stayed at University Bed & Breakfast. Not only was it my first stay with them but my first experience with B&B. It was marvelous having a more than ample breakfast waiting for me every morning and the pleasure of meeting other lone travelers over that meal made me a convert to B&B. By staying in the Brick Suite, four steps up into building, as a physically challenged individual I was able to enjoy the flavour & character of the building yet be completely independent. I felt quite at home with a small kitchen, private bath and windows which over look the front garden which must smell spectacular when the lily of the valley are in bloom! University B&B is wonderfully situated for walking though I'd suggest walking "down" University rather then up! The staff was friendly and very helpful both in person and over the phone & online. The house keeping staff came and went unnoticed except that things were always clean and tidy. My next trip to Montreal may very well include University B&B and I'd certainly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in this part of the city.

Room Tip: Though Prince Arthur may seem busy, I stayed in a street front, main level suite and slept better here than I do at home!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank E M J
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed at this bed and breakfast in Montreal. I was really impressed
with how clean it was. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were also situated in an ideal location for walking to the university, shopping, the park and the fine arts museum. I certainly will stay here again on my next trip to Montreal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2012

University B&B is everything you want , need and enjoy when you visit a new to me city. It is very welcoming. They have all the arrangements necessary for a late arrival. We stayed in the Beige room a perfect fit with a small kitchen, comfortable chair and a small balcony to enjoy the roof tops and hear the city. It was very clean, fresh and up to date, but kept the townhouse old feeling. It was close to walk Old Town, the Latin Quarter, the energy of the university and close to the metro to explore far and wide. This will definitely be our place to stay for return trips.

Room Tip: Beige room has a private bathroom, small kitchen and balcony. Good value!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2012

As a retired professor, my wife and I feel right at home staying close to a university wherever we travel, and the University B&B is no exception. It is down the block from McGill University and there are lots of good coffee shops and small restaurants within walking distance. We took the Beige suite with a small kitchen and in suite bath with an excellent shower. There is also a French door exit on the back of the room onto an outdoor patio. The breakfast was excellent (fresh breads and toast, boiled eggs, cereal and yogurt, and superb coffee. They also have indoor parking for 3 automobiles for $10/night. The office staff was cheery and very helpful when planning walks about this charming city. The price was very competitive as well. We will certainly stay here when we return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple