“Little to like, though I wanted to like it”

Hotel Les Suites Labelle
Ranked #50 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The staff was very friendly, making me want to like this place. But I couldn't. The room was small ("suite"? For Lilliputians, maybe), tired, cheap. Industrial carpet barely padding a concrete floor, except for the cold tiled area. Bed sits on a platform that juts out, cracks ankles. I could barely push the chair back from the desk to get up, rather than slide out to the side. The sheet was torn and worn, and the pillows were lumpier than cheap oatmeal. It's on a truly scuzzy side street - do enter it from Rene Levesque, even if that means you have to walk around the block from the Metro (or 747 stop), since you'll feel like you're in a war zone if you come at it directly from the Metro. Breakfast is fair, with good pastries (let's hear it for the prune (?) roll, which was a standout), which but little else to eat. The staff was very friendly, making me want to like this place, but the facilities themselves are bottom-end.

Room Tip: Ask for one that isn't beat up and worn and maybe has newer sheets.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Martin R, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Suites Labelle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guildenstern,

I truly regret to read that our hotel wasn't able to meet your expectations.
As mentioned in other reviews, our guests usually think that we offer very good quality and service for our price range.
I'm glad to see you did appreciate the courtesy and professionalism of our staff and hope this could somehow contribute to make things a little better.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and they will be considered in our constant efforts to improve our services.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Friendly Staff at front desk which made the Quick Check -In and Quick response with full information ,House keeping has provided Clean Room & Clean Bath,Quality Breakfast provided with Manner Service,There is No disturbing on Saturday & Sunday Morning because of no meeting in the morning time...will be back !

Room Tip: Great Value !
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Roland,
Thank you so much for such a positive review!
I'm glad you enjoyed our service and accommodations overall and certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Wanted to visit Montreal for a nice vacation away from the States. This hotel although budget friendly was not bad at all. Clean rooms, and bathrooms and plenty room for us to spread out. The staff was nice and mostly helpful with getting cabs and telling us how to get somewhere on foot. As far as the neighborhood, it was fine nothing to really cry about and we liked it because it was a little off the beaten path away from all the busy stuff and main streets. If I visit Montreal again (Which i will) I will stay in Old Montreal, not because I didn't like it here but just because its so pretty there and I want to spend more time shopping and eating in the neighborhood.

again if your new to montreal and on a budget you can totally stay here and have a great time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Martin R, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Suites Labelle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to post your review !
I'm glad our staff could contribute to make your visit a pleasant one and to see you enjoyed our neighbourhood.

Thank you again for your warm recommendations !

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The reception staff was courteous and helpful. The room was refreshed each day by the custodial staff. The complimentary breakfast was good. BUT HOW TO FIND IT? Easy, once you know. It is on a side street (almost an alley) off Emilie-Gamelin Park, on the same side as the Metro entrance, and very near the #10 stop of the 747 (bus from the airport). Plus, if you need lunch in a hurry, there is a great sandwich shop on the same street (Rue Labelle) near the square/park.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Don R

Dear Don,

Thank you for posting a review of Les Suites Labelle !
It's always a pleasure to start the week with a 5/5 review !!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Montreal.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. The location has very easy access to the airport via the 747 bus and the Berri metro station. The end of the block is a bit sketchy, but anywhere in central Montreal is subject to this likelihood. The hotel and staff are good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Dan,

Thank you for sharing your impressions following your recent stay at Les Suites Labelle !
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay as well as our convenient location and access to city transports.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your nest stay,

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I arrived early on a Monday afternoon and only had to wait 10 minutes for my room to be ready, thankfully not 2 hours until it was 4pm check in time. The staff were very friendly and helpful and although I did not need the speech of how to get around the city or what to see, I let her speak and she was very informative. There is an easy system for access. Your room key opens the hotel's front doors at night and the parking garage. They only have 20 spots underground but there were lots of spots when I was there which I was thankful for because I would not have wanted to park outside in that area. Street is a bit sketchy but you are less than a one minute walk away from a busy street with lots of ppl. Parking garage was a tight squeeze but no problem for a small car. Thankfully no one else was trying to get into or out of the garage at the same time as me so the one car width driveway was not a problem. Breakfast was delicious, rooms were clean. Only things bad were that the 'standard queen' room actually only has a double bed, and when I asked about that when I checked in they assured me it was a queen size bed. Definitely not. The room always smelled of a kind of cologne. Not sure if it was a cleaning product, or if the cleaning staff had very heavy cologne on but you got used to the smell as time went on.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to recommend hotel Les Suites Labelle to the TripAdvisor community! I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Concerning the bed size, all our rooms are furnished with either 2 double beds (54 inches wide) or 1 queen bed (60 inches wide). Some "residential" queen mattresses are 66 inches wide, which may lead some guests to think our queen size are actually doubles.

Once again, thank you for sharing your impressions and I hope you'll visit us again on your next trip.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and we were very comfortable. It was a bit tricky for us to find, for some reason our GPS kept losing signal everytime we got close but we finally found it. It is located on a side street not down an alley as other reviewers have mentioned. The room was really clean, bed was comfortable and the kitchen was well stocked for any light meals to be made. The breakfast was fine too, scrambled eggs, homefries, sausages, baked goods, fresh fruit etc...
I have no complaints at all. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only scary part for me was the garage, I have a small car and it still was tight getting up and down the levels but luckily we didnt hit any walls, I cant imagine driving a larger car in there.
For our next trip we will def stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Capecodneighbor,

Thank you so much for posting your impressions of hotel les Suites Labelle.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we could contribute in making your visit of Montreal a memorable one!

We are surely looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit!