Hotel Les Suites Labelle
  • Pool
Hotel de Kais(Montreal)
Hotel Viger(Montreal)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsberri uqamhomeless peoplehome friesold montrealmain metrolatin quarterhotel is locatedunderground parkingfree breakfastgay villageone way streetminute walksmall kitchenettecroissantssubway stationmini kitchenspacious bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Both of us (adults) recently stayed @ SUITES LABELLE, JAN 2-5,2014 in a QUEEN STUDIO room. Upon arrival to the hotel, we were greeted by a friendly front desk woman. As my partner parked our vehicle in the underground lot of the hotel, ($15 p/day), I checked us in which was a breeze. The lobby was very nice, with fresh minimalistic décor and clean. To the right of the front desk reception was the breakfast room which was also as inviting and clean. Included with the room keys we got our daily FULL BREAKFAST BUFFET vouchers for our entire stay. This included: Scrambled eggs, home fries, sausage, assorted pastries (with killer croissants! YUM!),toast ,coffee, tea, juices, cereal and fruit. This made for a great start every day before venturing out into the sub zero temps that week-end! Our room, #807 was very nice and was EXACTLY as the pix appear on the hotel's website. IMMACULATE! Fully equipped kitchenette for 2 persons and ample room. The bathroom was quite large also with fresh/clean towels daily. Having the small fridge was nice to keep H20 and soda on hand throughout our stay. The only negative we had were the PILLOWS. They were cheap/lumpy and not comfy for support. We will bring our own next time! Then there's the hotel's GREAT LOCATION! Just a short 3 min. walk to BERRI/UQAM metro station to the left. To the right, IGA/RX and National Banque. All on Rue ST. CATHERINE. along with many restos/shopping/clubs/bars in each direction. We especially liked the resto STEAK FRITES VILLAGE on St. Catherine St. The melt in your mouth steak was delish with endless frites! Our stay at SUITES LABELLE was very nice and we are planning to return in the Spring when the weather warms up. Thanks for a wonderful stay and see you soon! :) :)

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have better views. Our rm #807 had a view of the Olympic Stadium in the distance.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JADJR1163
Martin R, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Suites Labelle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of hotel Les Suites Labelle!
All our team work very hard to try to achieve this level of guests satisfaction and I'm glad to see we succeeded during your stay.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you next Spring!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at Les Suites Labelle during the Christmas season of 2013. The price was fair, especially considering that the breakfast was free (and delicious!), and the hotel is located just down the street from Berri-UQAM metro station (the central metro station for all of Montreal).

The hotel staff was outstanding. In particular, the front desk agent named Nikolas/Nicholas (I forget the spelling) who checked us in was friendly, courteous, and offered generous amounts of tips and suggestions on where to go for dinner and what to do while we were in his city. This hotel is PERFECT for those people who are not big on spending a lot of time at your hotel. If you use your hotel for sleeping, breakfast, and a place to shower and spend most of your day out and about this is the place to go.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and were cleaned daily. The bed was comfortable and slept two comfortably (I am 6ft tall and this bed was not too small for me). The shower was spacious enough for me and the bathroom was spacious. The kitchenette and free coffee in the room were a nice addition even if we didn't use them.

My only complaint: the fitness center was closed and we weren't told of this prior to checking in. It was a bit disappointing, but not a deal breaker. I would stay at Les Suites Labelle again

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in were quite and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin R, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Suites Labelle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Mr McCain,

Than you so much for posting a review following your recent stay with us!
I'm glad you enjoyed your rooms and will certainly make sure to forward your compliments to Nicolas!

I'm sorry we failed to inform you about our fitness room being closed before you checked-in.
However, I'm glad to say we are currently finishing renovations and our fitness room should reopen shortly.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My friend and I arrived at the hotel about 30 minutes early. Unfortunately, our room wasn't ready, but the front desk simply switched us to a room that was already ready. They assured us that it was the exact same room, so we didn't mind and accepted it anyway. The room was smaller than we expected, but it had a high definition TV, a kitchenette (with spoons, forks and plates) and a bathroom (with a exhaust fan), so we were satisfied! The front desk also made sure to give us a tourist map explaining exactly where we were in the city.

Room service was available every day, and we always returned back with clean towels and made-up beds. We ate free breakfast for a couple of days, and the food was very good. They offered croissants, sausages, eggs, coffee, juice, breakfast pastries, toast, and potatoes.

Location-wise, this hotel probably can't be beat. Although its neighbourhood is very shady - their closest McDonald's is home to some of the sketchiest hobo's and druggies in the city - the hotel is located to the city's top subway hub, a mere 3 minute walk from the three different subway lines. Very convenient!

Overall, four-stars for its quality and value! The hotel might not be in a particularly safe neighbourhood, but the staff are very accommodating and rooms are offered at an affordable price for the hotel's convenient location!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Wendy,

Than you very much for taking a moment to share your impressions abut Hotel Les Suites Labelle!
I'm glad our staff and accommodations contributed to a pleasant stay in Montreal!

I hope we'll have the chance to welcome you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Decent hotel, the room was decent and clean. However the service was ungodly terrible. I struggled between rating 1 and 2 stars- but put it this way- the room was about 3 stars and the service was 1 star. I have had WAYYY better service at cheap, danky hotels in Montreal, but I figured since my husband and I were bringing a friend along- we would get a better rated hotel, with more amenities.

The issue:

I booked through American Express travel for 3 people, for 3 nights. Upon arrival, they only had the reservation for 2 people- and refused to give us another "coupon" for breakfast because of this. While my reservation with Amex had 3 people- the night clerk said "I don't have their number to cal." and refused to process the matter any further (with some attitude). So I just said, check us in, charge us the extra person fee, and I will talk to the morning clerk to sort this out.

Well, the next morning, we had to basically teach the morning clerk how to calculate how many "coupons" we needed for breakfast- since she also refused to call American express- and told me I needed to call them. I am on my vacation, and would be charged to call them from the room...you have a number in the email you later showed me- why cant you sort this out?

Sure enough I see a 50 dollar charge after I get back home- which I was expecting. Now I have to dispute the charge via my credit card and do all this work because this hotel's employees refused to do their job. I have worked as a front desk clerk and know what is expected of them, their powers they have, and what they can do to help their guests feel welcome. This hotel failed on all parts service- even in the breakfast room. Not even one smile from any of the staff.

Also, during our stay, from approx 8am to 2pm, on my husbands birthday no less, they were doing some kind of construction on a room near us. The noise was quite unbearable at times, and very annoying. We do not spend most of our time in the room- so we figured we would leave out of the room ASAP after gift exchanges and breakfast. However, I do have to mention that besides the construction- there is some noise from the road.

Another big reason for my choosing this hotel was the free wifi. We were at the end of the hallway and it basically only worked well in the lobby.

The best part:
The location cannot be beat-right down the street from Berri metro stop. It is down a sketchy alley, but being to Montreal before- I know it's not that bad, and is safe. It is also in the gay village, which has a lot of shopping and awesome restaurants.

Bottom line: I would not return to this hotel again, it is clean and in a good location- but thats all it has going for it. Honestly, I got the room for a decent price- but with all the amenities and problems that came from this stay, I feel like I overpaid.

Room Tip: Do not get one at the end of the hall- wifi will be bad and road noise may disturb you.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Roger,

I'm terribly sorry to read that services provided by our staff wasn't up to your expectations.
All our team do there very best, day after day, to insure all our guests have the most pleasant stay.

I must say that your review does surprise me a little, as I feel it doesn't reflect what actually happened and the last discussion you had with our supervising staff.
Your reservation was made by American Express, through Orbitz.com.
Unfortunately, the agency made a mistake and booked a room for 2 adults, as was shown to you on the booking confirmation we received.

The phone number indicated on this confirmation is Orbitz.com hotel support line.
Unfortunately, they couldn't be any help since the mistake came from the agency, which confirmed through Orbitz a room in double occupancy. We do not have access to the agency phone number, since they booked through Orbitz and not directly with us.

You recognized the error was theirs on the last conversation you had before leaving and said you would contact the agency to get a refund for the 15$ charge per day, upon your return.

Concerning noise disturbance, while no construction work is being currently done in any room, we do have some maintenance work being done in our underground garage at the moment. I certainly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, however, the workers never start before 10h30 AM and are not working during weekends, so I presume this inconvenience only occurred on the last day of your stay, since you checked in on a Saturday, for 3 nights.

As for street noise, Labelle street is probably one of the quietest and lowest trafficked street in downtown Montreal. Of course, considering we had a storm leaving about 30 cm of snow during your stay, you might have heard some of the snow removal operations going on.
Unfortunately, there isn't much we could do to avoid this.

Finally, there is a Wi-Fi antenna located directly over the door of room 506, which you occupied, so I can only presume the issue with Wi-Fi was technical. I just went to test the connection and had a perfect signal.

Once again, I'm sorry your stay wasn't up to your expectations and left you with such a bad impression of our property. I can only reiterate that our staff do all they can to make sure all our guests get the best possible stay. I hope you were still able to enjoy the city.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The location is great and not great. Great because it is one block from a major metro station. Great because it is near a very commuted street, with shops, restaurants, banks, coffee shops. But it did not seem like a very safe area at night. So, families be careful. The street the hotel is located on is easy to miss. If you hit the Amir restaurant you've missed it. It was the street before. When we arrived, the hotel was very clean. The lady at reception was nice and helpful. We reserved a queen bed, though and did not get it. We had a full instead. The three nights we were there our room was not refreshed once by the housekeeper. They do have a parking garage for $15 CAD per/day. Breakfast was included in our stay. It was good. Again, the hotel was clean but make sure you get what you reserved.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms in front of the elevator doors. On the floor we stayed on it was 403. Also, make sure you get the right size bed you reserved.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liliana B
Martin R, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Suites Labelle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Liliana,

Thank you for sharing your impressions following your recent stay with us.
I'm glad you enjoyed our central location and the cleanliness of our hotel.

I certainly apologize about your room not being refreshed during your stay. I tried to retrace your reservation, but wasn't able to find a recent 3 nights stay in room 403. I would really appreciate if you could provide additional information, in order to follow-up with housekeeping. We do have daily housekeeping service provided and I'd like to investigate why this wasn't the case during your stay.

Finally, concerning the queen size bed, I just went personally in room 403 and I can confirm that the bed is a queen size, measuring 60 inches wide by 80 inches long, which is the standard queen size measurement. All our rooms, except for the 2 double beds studios, are furnished with queen size beds.

Once again, thank you for taking a moment to post your review and I hope you will consider us again on your next trip to Montreal.