“Student hotel for a brief stay in Montreal”

Hotel Les Suites Labelle
Ranked #52 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Halifax, Canada
“Student hotel for a brief stay in Montreal”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We needed a place to stay while visiting family in Montreal. The hotel is a modest budget traveller/student hotel but is well run in a reasonable location downtown off Saint Catherine Street near Rue Berri. The bathrooms have been renovated so are clean and modern. The included self serve, full breakfast is institutional in style but satisfactory. The addition of yoghurt would have been welcome. My only real complaint was the bed which was quite lumpy. A new mattress would have improved my experience at Hotel Les Suites Labelle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed for 4 nights there.It's really clean and descend for this price.The staff is really friendly and
the location is great just 2 mins from main metro hub on st. Catherine E.
The bed in room I stayed was so comfortable and the place was recently painted and bright enough.I really liked the hotel and I strongly recommend it(;

Room Tip: I was on third floor and there was no noise to disturb
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Bloemendaal, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I recently stayed at les suites Labelle with my girlfriend for 9 nights. The downtown location is fabulous as it's only a couple of minutes walking distance from St. Catherine street and from the main metro hub at Berri/uqam, the room we stayed in was well sized with many comforts including a very comfortable bed and chairs, a nice kitchenette with all necessary appliances and the staff were very nice and courteous and kept our room clean every time. The only letdowns were a sometimes unsteady wifi connection, a cramped bath with a rather noisy shower head, and while breakfast tasted good there wasn't a wide range of choice and a bit more variety added to the menu would certainly be appreciated. Despite a couple of minor cons if we take in account the pros and the value for money of this hotel I may say we've had an enjoyable experience and we wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again during our next stay in Montreal.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We've stayed at this hotel several times while in Montreal and we've always been pleased. The rooms are clean, the staff is nice, and the complementary breakfast is a nice touch. You can't stay at this location in town much cheaper. Our only complaint was that the pillows weren't fantastic and we couldn't park in their garage because they were working on it (January, 2014). I'd definitely recommend this location if you aren't looking for accoutrements, but instead looking for a simple, central, clean and affordable place to sleep. Free breakfast, wifi, and standard amenities. It's a plane, affordable place to eat next to the UQAM campus.

Room Tip: I've stayed in both a suite and a single, either are nice. The suites have a nice little kitchen...
1 Thank Timothy B
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed a night here before catching a Greyhound out of Montreal. It's not the prettiest place on the outside, but the biggest pull for us was having the bus station two blocks away. We reserved a single queen bed room for $95.00 after taxes and everything was clean and ready upon our arrival. The decor was dull, and all of the amenities were fairly standard, although I was disappointed that there were only a couple of English channels on the television. I've definitely stayed in nicer places for less, if in more remote areas. Luckily the breakfast options were plenty and free. Just remember to wash any dishes in your room!

Pros:
- Close to the bus station
- Full, free breakfast
- WiFi, standard amenities

Cons:
- Few English-speaking channels
- Dull decor
- Shady-looking street

Other:
- Ridiculous amount of air bubbles in the tap water

Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Both of us (adults) recently stayed @ SUITES LABELLE, JAN 2-5,2014 in a QUEEN STUDIO room. Upon arrival to the hotel, we were greeted by a friendly front desk woman. As my partner parked our vehicle in the underground lot of the hotel, ($15 p/day), I checked us in which was a breeze. The lobby was very nice, with fresh minimalistic décor and clean. To the right of the front desk reception was the breakfast room which was also as inviting and clean. Included with the room keys we got our daily FULL BREAKFAST BUFFET vouchers for our entire stay. This included: Scrambled eggs, home fries, sausage, assorted pastries (with killer croissants! YUM!),toast ,coffee, tea, juices, cereal and fruit. This made for a great start every day before venturing out into the sub zero temps that week-end! Our room, #807 was very nice and was EXACTLY as the pix appear on the hotel's website. IMMACULATE! Fully equipped kitchenette for 2 persons and ample room. The bathroom was quite large also with fresh/clean towels daily. Having the small fridge was nice to keep H20 and soda on hand throughout our stay. The only negative we had were the PILLOWS. They were cheap/lumpy and not comfy for support. We will bring our own next time! Then there's the hotel's GREAT LOCATION! Just a short 3 min. walk to BERRI/UQAM metro station to the left. To the right, IGA/RX and National Banque. All on Rue ST. CATHERINE. along with many restos/shopping/clubs/bars in each direction. We especially liked the resto STEAK FRITES VILLAGE on St. Catherine St. The melt in your mouth steak was delish with endless frites! Our stay at SUITES LABELLE was very nice and we are planning to return in the Spring when the weather warms up. Thanks for a wonderful stay and see you soon! :) :)

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have better views. Our rm #807 had a view of the Olympic Stadium in the distance.
3 Thank JADJR1163
Martin R, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Suites Labelle, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of hotel Les Suites Labelle!
All our team work very hard to try to achieve this level of guests satisfaction and I'm glad to see we succeeded during your stay.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you next Spring!

M.Roy
Director of sales
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at Les Suites Labelle during the Christmas season of 2013. The price was fair, especially considering that the breakfast was free (and delicious!), and the hotel is located just down the street from Berri-UQAM metro station (the central metro station for all of Montreal).

The hotel staff was outstanding. In particular, the front desk agent named Nikolas/Nicholas (I forget the spelling) who checked us in was friendly, courteous, and offered generous amounts of tips and suggestions on where to go for dinner and what to do while we were in his city. This hotel is PERFECT for those people who are not big on spending a lot of time at your hotel. If you use your hotel for sleeping, breakfast, and a place to shower and spend most of your day out and about this is the place to go.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and were cleaned daily. The bed was comfortable and slept two comfortably (I am 6ft tall and this bed was not too small for me). The shower was spacious enough for me and the bathroom was spacious. The kitchenette and free coffee in the room were a nice addition even if we didn't use them.

My only complaint: the fitness center was closed and we weren't told of this prior to checking in. It was a bit disappointing, but not a deal breaker. I would stay at Les Suites Labelle again

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in were quite and comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin R, Director of Sales at Hotel Les Suites Labelle, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Mr McCain,

Than you so much for posting a review following your recent stay with us!
I'm glad you enjoyed your rooms and will certainly make sure to forward your compliments to Nicolas!

I'm sorry we failed to inform you about our fitness room being closed before you checked-in.
However, I'm glad to say we are currently finishing renovations and our fitness room should reopen shortly.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!

M.Roy