“Really wanted to Like this restaurant.. but Food was quite lacking”

Anga Cuisine Inspiree
Ranked #1,212 of 5,778 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$16 - US$36
Cuisines: Brazilian, Seafood, International, Fusion
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Anga offers a unique dining experience by the authentic flavors of the international cuisine with a Brazilian twist!
Toronto, Canada
“Really wanted to Like this restaurant.. but Food was quite lacking”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

After all the positive reviews below, I was quite excited to try the food at Anga. However, it was quite a let down. Brazilian food is known for its meat, and a good Brazilian restaurant should be able to tell the difference between medium and medium rare-rare, which unfortunately this chef couldn't. We were a group of 4, and 2 of us liked medium, while the other 2 preferred medium rare. However, in the end, all 4 of us got the same cuts of meat all cooked the same way. It was quite disappointing. The cuts that were cooked properly, however, did taste quite good. It is just disappointing to see a place that specializes in steak get it so wrong.

The portion sizes were quite also small. Also, while the waiter may spin the food and make it sound really exciting, they all tasted quite generic. The manicot aligot tasted like mashed potatoes- it was good, but nothing special. The Shrimp flambe was essentially pan fried shrimp. The dishes were ok, but not great.

The highlight was the coffee and chocolate cream, which was quite tasty.

Overall, the ambiance was nice and we had a good dinner, just not quite as good as we hoped.

• Visited May 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Highly recommended!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Best experience ever !!! Good ambiance , excellent food and drinks , cozy place .

I highly recommend you to try the warmth of Brazil with great food . I love brazilian food, this is the best restaurant by miles in terms of service and food. !!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Alain T
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and atmosphere!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I went to Anga after viewing lots of positive comments online.When we arrived we were greeted by the hostess and then assigned a table for 6 .

For our surprise the barman came to our table and explained us about the brazilian tradicional drink called caipirinha made with lime , sugar and a liquor made with sugar cane which i do not recover the name.We ordered one for each,it was very refreshing in my opinion and it tasted very nice.

They started the special with brazilian barbecue which consist in 3 cuts of meat and 3 garnish,as we were 6 we asked a mix of everything.Food was really great,the garnish were very fresh and meat very tender and juicy. Price was good for what we ate,the waitress said we would get in average 9 oz of meat each.At the end we were very satisfied with the meal and price was ok (34$ per head).

For desert we ordered basically one of each to try,after we finished we were feeling in heaven...

Very recommended restaurant

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michel L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent inspired food with a brasilian flavor.”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We went to Anga on a week evening on a friend recommandation, we were on a couple night out my girlfriend and I.
When we arrived we go offered a cosy place on a table for two, the staff was friofficendly and professionnal, we got al the attention we needed all along the diner, especially when i asked about the garlic intolerance, they asked the kitchen and assured me the meal I choose was cooked without the garlic sauce.
The choice of wine is decent, they have some nice wine from portugal at a decent price.
The meal reminded us the flavor of the food from our brasilian tripp few months ago, this brought us back to our vacation!
The design / decoarion of the restaurant is modern, nice and feel warm and cozy, it`s a delight to eat there. Definetly going back !

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Isaïe S
Longueuil, Canada
“Very good experience!!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

It’s my third time at Angá. I always apreciate the service. The waitress was very nice and helpful. The music was very soft and agreeable. The steak with bleu cheese and manioc aligot is so delicious. I loved all.
I really recomended the restaurant.

• Visited March 2014